AAA Club Alliance Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
AAA Club Alliance President & CEO Bernhard Koch
Bernhard Koch

Pros
  • AAA is a friendly place to work with great work-life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Good benefits, generous pto and good associates (in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Insurance Sales"

Current Employee - Insurane Sales
    Current Employee - Insurane Sales

I have been working at AAA Club Alliance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Plenty of leads provided to call on to help make your numbers. Friendly work environment. Supportive co-workers and management to help you become successful. Great health benefits, 401k and your earn a good amount of paid time off per year.

Cons

sometime I have to work Sundays, which I don't care for.

2. "Membership Sales and Service"

Current Employee - Membeship Sales & Servce in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Membeship Sales & Servce in Newark, DE

I have been working at AAA Club Alliance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people I work with all the way up to the director are great to work with. Great benefits, Instead of taking a PTO day you can swap schedules with another employee. Incentive is good as long as you are a hard worker. They feed you quite often on busy days. Morale is great for the most part.

Cons

Pay could be better. Spends too much money on new hire training when you can retain the hard working employees with a better pay raise. If the cap is 4% when the fair employees are getting 1%, the hard working employees should be entitled to the pool of 4% not max at 4%. Since the merger budget seems more strict.

Advice to Management

We spend too much money on new hire training when about 2/3's of them stay. Take care of your excellent employees who plan to stay with a better monetary raise

Feb 24, 2017 – Employee Engagement Advocate

"Taking care" of tenured Associates is of great importance at ACA. Thank you for sharing your perspective.

3. "Roadside assistance counselor"

Former Employee - Roadside Assistance Counselor in Hamilton, NJ
    Former Employee - Roadside Assistance Counselor in Hamilton, NJ

I worked at AAA Club Alliance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

started at 13.09 in 2014, in 2017 left making $14.00 if you could call that a pro.

Cons

too many too mention. alot of favoritism. people becoming supervisors just by being popular. you wear many many many hats and are cross trained in many jobs but you do not see any change in your pay.

Advice to Management

pay better

5. "CALL CENTER AGENT"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Toledo, OH

I worked at AAA Club Alliance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really nice people. Initially, They tell you they want you to succeed, then shortly you discover there's no truth to it. If you enjoy the call center thing with low wages and minimal support and incentives, this is the place for you.

Cons

When Allied out of Cinci "merged" with Toledo Northwest Ohio, they changed my job description to "call center agent." My wages diminished substantially. I discovered this company has no real interest in the success or well being of their employees. Is there really any company like that? It became obvious that their goal was to rid themselves of as many Toledo employees as possible. After scooping up 150,000 subscribers employees were systematically let go without much warning. Now they've sold the building and the upper management got their golden parachutes. Customer service has decreased and the systems were changing constantly. You were expected to just roll with it and increase your sales in spite of the fact that the AAA Insurance co for most people is way too expensive. The quotas and incentives did not match the tools and opportunities. They had numerous levels of management staffed by some real prima donnas. And I guarantee you none of them could produce under the circumstance in which we worked.

Advice to Management

Do a real job study. Get rid of crappy managers. Put Sonia in charge. She's the only one who knows what's going on. Arrive at a reasonble level of production and compensation and stop threatening to take sales away based on a ridiculous technicality.

Apr 24, 2017 – Employee Engagement Advocate

We can empathize with your frustration considering the multiple changes this particular group has endured. As one club, AAA Club Alliance is dedicated to serving all of our Members and, equally ... More

"Former Auto B Tech"

Former Employee - Auto Technician in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Auto Technician in West Chester, PA

I worked at AAA Club Alliance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and a lot of PTO days . Friendly associates.

Cons

Not much auto repair business. They don't promote the auto repair business. Signage out front not good. Manager not very helpful.

Advice to Management

Get the signage out front changed, promote the auto repair business especially locally, and pay the mechanics hourly with some kind of bonus or incentives until the repair business reaches a profitable level. Good techs are going to not stay and the repair business will not have a good reputation.

Apr 24, 2017 – Employee Engagement Advocate

Thank you for your feedback. We are looking to grow our business to better serve our Members and that does take time.

"Insurance retention agent"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at AAA Club Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being involved in new projects, bonus' for selling policies, it requires 20 words minimum... I have nothing else because there really isn't much else to say!

Cons

Underpaid, managers aren't sure what is going on, upper management not informing lower management of changes, lack of communication from management to everyone else, horrible benefits, managers in the insurance contact center having unrealistic expectations of their employees, management that do not know how to preform their jobs correctly in the insurance retention department

Advice to Management

Hire new management for the insurance departments.

8. "Do yourself research"

Former Employee - Supervisor in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at AAA Club Alliance (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, place is kind of clean. Eating at your desk is allowed.

Cons

Managers I believe are trained to bully and harass vs. train and encourage employees.

Advice to Management

Learn how to train especially new employees

9. "Technology"

Current Employee - Technology in Elkton, MD
    Current Employee - Technology in Elkton, MD

I have been working at AAA Club Alliance (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family oriented with many employees boasting long tenure. People are very down to earth and friendly.

Cons

Not many cons to share.

Jan 30, 2017 – HR Analyst

Happy to hear you are pleased with your position. I agree, there are plenty of friendly faces around who are willing to help.

10. "sales representive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at AAA Club Alliance full-time

Pros

Benefits were reasonable at this job

Cons

Everything else that had to do with the job

"AAA Mid Atlantic"

Former Employee - Membership Specialist in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Membership Specialist in Arlington, VA

Pros

Truly wonderful fellow employees - (for the most part) outstanding management).

Cons

Allowed another employee to harass me because they did not see it on video, but when I offered to pay the expenses for a lie detector test - they would not accept the possibility of hearing about the false accusation of that employee come out because they honored that employees seniority.

Advice to Management

No advice to lower management because sometimes lower management wants to do the right thing, but even they themselves are limited from being 100% fair because lower management can sometimes be restricted from doing the 100% right and fair thing to do by their own superiors above them.