AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Tim Condon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor leadership starting with the CEO Tim Condon" (in 13 reviews)

• "All management is now in the Bay Area, with remote departments left to fend for themselves" (in 11 reviews)

1. "Anonymous Employee"

Current Employee - N/A in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - N/A in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great vision
    - Moving fast, lots of innovation
    - A lot of opportunity
    - Friendly Managers and Leaders

Cons

- Company is moving fast, some people are getting left behind

Advice to Management

- Make sure everyone is in the loop. People don't understand what the vision is.

"Continuous change … and improvement (?)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Station landing is a beautiful building and a very nice environment to work in.

Cons

Constant change and restructuring.
    Leadership is constantly changing with many c-level departures taking place, exacerbating the execution of any fruitful long term strategy. Perhaps new leadership will bring much needed vision and strategic focus to an otherwise mediocre management team.

Advice to Management

Hurry and find new leaders. Need to create a vision for a company that is more than capable of executing. Are current innovation ideas really bearing fruit? Kill

3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Pros

Company is very focused on providing exceptional value to its members. Vision is to reinvent AAA and create new value for its members - exciting time to be part of a transformative team Benefits are second to none.

Cons

No cons, just need to prioritize to continue to advance the company

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on sharing the vision and on developing employees.

"An Amazing Experience"

Current Employee - Member Experience Branch Manager in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Member Experience Branch Manager in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am new to AAA but I am not new to the work world nor corporate environment. AAA is a seasoned company with leadership clearly focused on the next century. AAA focuses on the member experience and customer satisfaction. I am pleased to be a part of the culture and lifestyle that AAA promotes.

- competitive compensation
    - career pathing
    - work/life balance
    - teamcentric
    - NextGen branches and technology

Cons

I have not experienced a con with AAA.

Advice to Management

Adhere to the vision, mission, core competencies, and values set forth and success will come.

"Amazing Company. Here for nearly 13 years and still going strong."

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing company dedicated to team member happiness. Great benefit packages.

Cons

If any, I'd say although there is ample room for growth although a majority of opportunities for growth often require relocation.

6. "Manager, Call Center"

Current Employee - Manager in Clearfield, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in Clearfield, UT

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and pay, usually close to the top of the market. Lots of opportunities to grow and get developed.

Cons

There has been a lot of turn over in leadership recently, once that solidifies, it should bring more stability to the vision of the call center.

Advice to Management

Keep looking for opportunities to focus on leadership development, promoting from within and try not to have so much volatility at the VP and above level.

"Operations Manager"

Pros

The company invests in its employees, its members and the future. Great benefit options, including 401K matched up to 6% plus annual discretionary match, excellent PTO and paid-volunteer time. The company culture is good. People genuinely care for each other and believe in ensuring each other’s success. Development and internal promotions are a major focus. Forward thinking and future investments make you feel confident the company will continue to be around for another 100 years.

Cons

The company is growing rapidly and can express some growing pains, not unlike any other company. The growing and learning is what is helping us be more disciplined and creates opportunities to solve for things and grow within the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. I’m thankful to be a part of such a wonderful organization that I know will be around for a long time to come!

"Amazing place to grow!"

Pros

If you like fast pace, change, and ability to grow your career, this place is for you! Comp is above average and world class benefits including more PTO than you can take, 100% company match into your 401k up to the 1st 6%, and ability to bonus on individual and company performance.

Cons

Need improvement across the company on how communication impacts the environment

Advice to Management

Ensure foundation is solid to support growth and improve communication

"Great place to work!"

Pros

Great culture to be part of, which stems from putting Members and Team Members first.

Cons

It is a challenge to state any cons as I joined the company in 2013 and have yet to experience any disappointment.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage two way communication, Team Members appreciate it.

10. "Finance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Pros

I applied to work with AAA because their headquarters is conveniently located in Walnut Creek yet they offer starting salaries competitive with many companies throughout the Bay Area. Since joining, I've been given opportunities to enhance my skills and grow my career.

The free snacks (bananas, apples, juices, trail mix, etc) are a nice perk but the real treat is the above average health, volunteer, and PTO benefits that are offered to all employees.

Cons

Like most finance departments, our work-life is tied to a calendar for month-end close, budgets / forecasts, and reports.