KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah CEO Tim Condon
Tim Condon

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jun 20, 2022 - Call Receiver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Has some of the best company culture I've ever seen. The mangers and vice president really care about your growth opportunities.

Cons

There are limited part time options

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Response

Thank you for leaving a review. We’re happy to hear that your time with us has been a positive experience!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Brutal work load.

May 29, 2022 - Call Center Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are lucky to have middle management being seemingly sympathetic but without option to help. Benefits.

Cons

Calls are back to back!!! Before I started they took away a 3 second delay between calls (wicked and mean spirited). Its BEEP and GO as soon as last call disconnects. NOT A SECOND to decompress and clear screens for next call. I worked for OREGON IDAHO club for 12 years HAPPILY!! Oregon club ranked top 10 regularly and often top 5 and many times NUMBER ONE in the federation!!! I took calls all day every day for membership, ERS and dispatch. I wore many hats. I was a top performer. We were overstaffed and calls were paced for our benefit. We would experience ques and work hard to clear it cus you knew it was temporary. It was a pleasant work environment and we had little turnover. My 3rd shift swing team were all 10 plus years employees. We were a fine tuned machine. I was sooooo disappointed when I joined the NCNU club. I had no idea it would be so awful. Oregon Idaho was a unique experience and when I told coworkers about their work environment they were shocked.

4 people found this review helpful

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We value our Team Members and work to ensure they feel empowered to both grow on the job and share their input to shape the Team Member experience. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Needs to go back to what it was like

Jul 2, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is fair after being pushed

Cons

Hours need to be fixed and listen to employees vs pretending to

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Insurance Agent

Apr 20, 2022 - Retail Sales Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Walk ins at the branch for new sales... & employee discounts.

Cons

Literally everything else. They treat agents like they're not needed when they are what grew the company to where it is now. They implemented call centers and route everything to them. They do not monitor the call center agents well enough, call center agents will transfer service calls to the local branch in order to get the next new biz call which wastes branch agents time on purpose. Agents in the branch waste most of their time on leads and then are asked why they can't meet quotas. The quotas are one size fits all, so a new agent after their 1st year has to do what an agent with a million dollar book has to do. An average branch agent will write 250k while the call center writes $1 million in premium each year. No ownership in book or renewal income for new agents. Company is dragging their feet with the union contract negotiations. They don't care. Glad I escaped.

8 people found this review helpful

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. As a company known for doing the right thing, we take pride in the level of service we provide to our Members and our commitment to supporting and growing our Team Members. We value Team Member input and will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate teams. If you feel comfortable, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great Benefits

Jul 1, 2022 - Insurance Producer
    Business Outlook

Pros

supportive environment, managers are great, many opportunities to grow within the company. Great company culture throughout.

Cons

hourly pay could be better

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Circling the drain

Jun 21, 2022 - Insurance Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers are caring and empathic people asked to do the impossible daily without support

Cons

Leadership doesn't understand what we are. Petty micromanagers out for themselves

3 people found this review helpful

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Response

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. If you would like to share more, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or reach out to HR to discuss.

7. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Lord of the Flies Management

Apr 17, 2022 - Sales Agent in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good co-workers, unique set of products and services.

Cons

Imagine a company where top management consists of immature, bullying 8-year old boys. Unfortunately that toxic attitude has infected mid and lower management levels now too. While most companies have maintained the Covid era flexibility of work at home capabilities, not AAA. They have gone the other way and now make everybody go into the office for 40 hours a week, even commissioned sales agents, who are then not allowed to help customers during non office hours as that would result in prohibited overtime. Not exactly a service to the customer and kind of a reverse thank you to employees who put their health at risk to serve customers during the pandemic and were allowed to manage their own time in years prior. In fact it is more of the same vindictiveness we've seen from Tim Condon and his minions over the past 5 years as they throw their most recent tantrum over the sales force unionizing to stop the constant benefit rollbacks. Pretty sad group, who continue to tear down a once progressive thinking and quality organization.

6 people found this review helpful

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to read about your experience. We value our Team Members and work to ensure they feel empowered to share their input. If you feel comfortable sharing more, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or feel free to reach out to HR to discuss.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Bad place to work

Jun 15, 2022 - Insurance Sales Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits, 401k, remote work, L2 management doing the best they can with what they got

Cons

Morale is down but higher ups don't care Upper management is doubling down on micromanaging Putting policies in place that hurt agents compensation Compassion and work life balance are nonexistent Don't get sick or face losing your job No respect for agents

7 people found this review helpful

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience.We strive to ensure our Team Members have what they need to be successful to build long and meaningful careers. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Limited Opportunity Limited Income

Mar 10, 2022 - Retail Sales Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great brand In office agents are very knowledgeable. Provide top notch service and experience 10+ years with company

Cons

AAA an agency not an actual insurance company. Company is focused on rerouting customers to call center for sales. Pay for new agents is entry level even with yrs of insurance experience, pay at In & Out Burgers is higher. No renewal business for new agents but your still expected to maintain and service the business. More service than sales focused. You have to sell memberships in order to qualify for bonus pay. Almost impossible to reach sales goals to get bonus

3 people found this review helpful

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Response

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review and are disappointed to hear about your experience. We aim to build a total rewards package of compensation, benefits and paid time off that allows Team Members to build long-lasting careers. We value our Team Members and work to ensure they feel empowered to share their input. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or feel free to reach out to HR to discuss.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best company to work for

May 20, 2022 - Senior Financial Analyst in Walnut Creek, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefit is good and nice company culture

Cons

Some tight schedule for assignments

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Response

Thank you for leaving a review - we’re happy your time with us has been a positive experience!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 410 Reviews

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Reviews FAQs

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah has an overall rating of 2.8 out of 5, based on over 433 reviews left anonymously by employees. 37% of employees would recommend working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah to a friend and 28% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

37% of AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.8 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah? Share Your Experiences

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Careers

Cover image for AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah

Almost immediately after the first horseless carriages appeared on America's roads, motorists began organizing automobile clubs. In 1902,...More

• Community at AAA
  • Careers
  • Why Choose AAA
  • Benefits

Company Updates

Logo

160 days ago

Company News
Say hello to Kelvin Johnson. This AAA Team Member lives our values of service and teamwork while sharing his infectious positivity with others. A dedicated tow driver and joy-bringer, he can’t help but deliver smiles while helping Members on the road every day. #AAATMSpotlight
AAA Team Member Spotlight - Kelvin Johnson
www.youtube.com

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Photos

+ Add Photo
AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah photo of: Grand opening of our Next Generation Branch Design
AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah photo of: AAA Vice-President of Communications and Community Impact, Marianne Campbell presented a check for $6,000 the American Red Cross of the Bay Area.
AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah photo of: We are proud to help the Washoe County community by volunteering to help make upgrades to Rancho San Rafael Regional Park. 200 employees came together to restore and renovate the park.
AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah photo of: On Wednesday, October 7, an important milestone for AAA NCNU was reached—the Member Service Center in Clearfield, Utah held a ribbon-cutting ceremony commemorating its official grand opening.
AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah photo of: Josephine C. - ERS Specialist I
Since 2008
AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah photo of: Alfonso S. - Licensed Sales Associate
Since 2005