AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Tim Condon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good place for work life balance (in 11 reviews)

• Pay is good, benefits are good, most coworkers are great folks and all share the same frustrations with the company (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Levels of communication from upper management to entry level position (in 13 reviews)

• Salaries no longer are commensurate with the Bay Area (in 11 reviews)

1. "Branch Manager"

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong focus on taking care of Members and team members. Company has been talking about the future and now is starting to put exciting things in place to be relevant for the future. Pay & benefits are good.

Cons

Once in the organization and initial training is over, on-going training is more just on the job or using on-line tools. If you're geographically flexible, proactive and take charge of your career you can go far. If you're limited in where you can work your growth options can be limited.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the future and help us understand how we fit into it and can help.

"Decent company that can't get out of its own way"

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Evolving leadership trying to steer the Titanic in the right direction. Benefits are good and people want to do the right thing. The mission is foundational to the business. People come here to retire vs change the world.

Cons

Not enough resources or investment in the business despite increasing expectations/growth targets. Outdated marketing practices and a general lack of accountability by leaders to hear all sides. Consultants come in often and repackage your work. You can't have a different POV from leadership or your career is over. Top-down organization that wants to empower people but doesn't know how. If you want to work for the best & brightest and build your career this is NOT the place for you.

Advice to Management

Building a learning organization. Hear all sides with purity of intent.

3. "Dispatcher"

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time

Pros

Decent pay, paid holidays, nice facility

Cons

Too much change too often, high turnover

4. "Awesome company"

Former Employee - Sales Service in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Service in Berkeley, CA

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

So close to busy freeway

"Constant Changes, Growing Pains, and it falls on the agents."

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Clearfield, UT
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Clearfield, UT

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, decent bonuses & benefits, friendly supervisors.

Cons

Schedules are constantly needing to be changed, as well as your direct supervisor. Crummy computer systems that go down frequently, as well as a crowded work environment.

This center only a couple years old, so a lot of kinks are still being worked out, but this requires so much flexibility on the agents' part.

Advice to Management

Pick a thing to focus on and stick to it. An old Russian proverb says that if you chase 2 rabbits at once, you will catch none.

"Poor leadership"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you are looking to get started in the insurance industry the hourly rate with a good company name will help you get acclimated with the industry.

Cons

Poor leadership starting with the CEO Tim Condon. Everyone is walking around on eggshells hoping not to get fired. In my office you have bully agents who feel all new business needs to go to them and creates a lot of tension. There are several employees who do not know how to do there job efficiently or who just do not care and it creates a bad experience for customers. If you are applying for a sales agent position it is going to upset you that you will never get the residuals and commissions the current agents make. In most offices don't expect to be welcomed with open arms as most will treat you like an outcast.

Advice to Management

Learn to manage and inspire your team and not sit in your office all day.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

401 pay if You make it long enough

Cons

Shame on you Executive Management.

Advice to Management

Hire more Cousins, in-laws, and family members to your management Training Program, great job.

8. "On Boarding and Introduction"

Current Employee - Life Insurance Specialist in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Life Insurance Specialist in Modesto, CA

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team was very welcoming and willing to help answer any questions.

Cons

Online courses very lengthy and time consuming.

"Nice environment"

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time

Pros

Team collaboration is strong most groups

Cons

No growth prospects for long term career

"AAA overall SUCKS!!!"

Pros

The vast majority of my co-workers are truly good, fantastic people. Many employees committed to helping out at local charities.

Cons

First off, do not give them any inkling that you are a conservative, middle to right supporter!! Branch manager couldn't come in for work for two days after the latest Presidential election because she was SO upset with the outcome. Fellow employees have told me that I am being singled out and "picked on" by the manager. My position carries a lot of responsibility with customers personal information and also a huge responsibility for making sure you enter all information correctly or it may cost the company thousands and it pays California Minimum wage. The new takeover that we have experienced here has been a nightmare and veiled in secrecy. Also, the place is FULL of little tattle tales who run to the manager anytime you say or do anything. High pressure, HIGH stress and HEAVY workload which then relates to poor customer experience. WAY too many clients per representative. The bogus plan, or bonus plan is near impossible to reach unless you are an established, long term rep. The old carrot mentality. I would work here because of my co-workers, but hate it because of management. We were told they had a 600 million dollar surplus. How about spreading some of that wealth amongst the employees who keep the customers coming back and not giving it to high level managers who do nothing but dress nice and do nothing.

Advice to Management

Increase employee pay significantly in higher per hour wages, lower the workload, share in commissions that are received from suppliers. Stop the singling out of employees because of their belief system that is not part of your belief system. For a not for profit company, 600 million in surplus for just one state is an aweful lot. What are you doing with that money?