AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Reviews

Updated May 17, 2020

2.5
AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah CEO Tim Condon (no image)
Tim Condon
Pros
  • "Dynamic company with a family atmosphere and a work life balance(in 21 reviews)

• "Great benefits and pay, usually close to the top of the market(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "Everyone in upper management is only worried about themselves(in 19 reviews)

• "Poor leadership starting with the CEO Tim Condon(in 15 reviews)

1. "Excellent place to work!"

5.0
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay, benefits, and culture!

Cons

Weak leadership in some departments.

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah2020-04-16

April 16, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate that you listed our culture as a pro. We’re happy to hear that your time with us has been a positive experience!

"Don't bother."

Former Employee - Technician

Pros

PTO is good. Dangle pay like a carrot.

Cons

No leaders, just bosses, They hold leadership classes, but don't use anything they learned if they did learn anything at the golf course. just care about there bonuses, not the peons. Typically the same corporate bill. Less benefits every year.

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah2020-05-17

May 18, 2020

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and we would like to learn more about it. If you feel comfortable please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

"Horrible place to work, dont believe a 5 star review they are not being honest"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Decent med benefits and pto

Cons

Management is horrible, we do not have leaders we have micromanagers, the ceo and upper management are dishonest with there intentions. The comp plan for agents has constantly changed over the years in a bad way, each year additional metrics have been added to make it more difficult to acheive over inflated goals and this has a major effect on your pay check. During covid 19 lockdown agents are expected to maintain same sales goals and metrics with no adjustments being made. This is a real tell tale of what the ceo tim condon feels about the insurance agents, we all felt before that he did not care for the agents now it is confirmed. Did i mention the micromanagement it is horrific and with the work from.home it has become 10 times worse. There is so much reduntant requirements it really takes your energy away. AAA is not a good place to work unless you want a professional career that pays less than a burger flipper at in and out. If you are desperate and have no other options then this might be the place for you, if you are talented and ready to get your career off the ground go somewhere that respects its sales staff!!!!! Not AAA

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah2020-04-23

April 28, 2020

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review and are disappointed to hear about your experience. In order to ensure we are offering competitive pay and benefits, we benchmark and assess our pay and benefits every year. We are proud that no Team Members have lost their job or been furloughed as a result of this pandemic. In addition, we have provided guidance and resources to help Team Members navigate these unprecedented times. We value our Team Members and work to ensure they feel empowered to share their input. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or feel free to reach out to HR to discuss.

4. "Great company to work for"

5.0
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay, excellent PTO, full benefits, caring people to work with

Cons

Not a single one, a great place to work

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah2020-03-02

March 9, 2020

Thank you for leaving a review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed working with great people – we agree! We’re happy to hear that your time with us was a positive experience!

5. "Membership"

Former Employee - Membership

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time

Pros

The work environment and the people the culture

Cons

Membership Counselor Represent a very good

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah2020-02-19

February 24, 2020

Thank you for leaving a review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoy working with great people – we agree! We are disappointed to hear about the part(s) of your experience that were negative, and would like to learn more information regarding that. If you feel comfortable doing so, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

"No loyalty"

Former Employee - Accounting Associate in Sacramento, CA

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay and benefits are average

Cons

Really bad leadership. More Chiefs than Indians. Do not value long time employees.

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah2020-03-16

March 18, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate that you listed benefits as a pro. We definitely want to ensure that our Team Members are taken care of, especially because they work hard! We are disappointed to read your comments regarding leadership. We will share this information with the appropriate teams. If you would like to share additional information, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

7. "Excellent Employer. They really care about their employees."

4.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Clearfield, UT

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment! They take care of you. They train well. They strive to keep the culture upbeat, open and real.

Cons

The goals and expectations of the company overall are not realistic when it comes to performing the job as an agent on the phone. Agents cheat and pad scorecards. I personally know agents who did this and got promoted.

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah2020-02-04

February 7, 2020

Thank you for leaving a review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed working with great people – we agree! We’re happy to hear that your time with us was a positive experience overall! We are disappointed to hear about the part(s) of your experience that were negative, and would like to learn more information regarding it/them. If you feel comfortable doing so, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

"Balance People & Culture with Growth & Innovation"

2.0
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time

Pros

Innovation is paramount and change is constent...a pro for some. A handful of leaders have worked to shield the rank & file from the lack of pro-employee culture and unscrupulous politics. Spending a few years here to again additional experience is a good move in a handful of departments.

Cons

This AAA club is in a "growth and innovation" phase at all costs to the employees and members. 12+ months went in to identifying and deploying ways to cut cost to fund new ventures that have greatly impacted the core business and backbone of the organization...tenured employees within field operations. A few examples that have led to many of the negative reviews... 1. 3 sales comp plan changes in 7 yrs, reduction in PTO accrual rates, and number of holidays 2. Within 3 week of annual incentive bonus payout, the SLT changed the way this was funded and \chose not to issue a company wide statement with the "why". Leaving it front line leaders as to how or if they would share this with employees compounded with the lack of notice, left many feeling disrespected and insulted. These types of decisions coupled with an initiative to develop "generalist" into VP and EVP roles has eroded the culture to the point where fear based tactics and "us against them" culture has emerged. You have leaders focused on developing their own careers, leading high functioning teams with zero "subject matter" knowledge of their own. This is no longer an environment to be mentored by someone within your profession.

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah2020-01-27

March 3, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are saddened to hear of your experience. Innovation and change are constant, and that is why our vision is to transform AAA for the next century. We are focused on creating innovative products and services to help our Members and Team Members Outsmart Life. Each year, we work in collaboration with a third-party vendor to assess our benefits and compensation packages to ensure they are competitive.This year, we did reduce our PTO cap, but did not reduce PTO accrual rates or take existing PTO away from Team Members. Our Paid Time Off program currently includes 11 company-paid holidays, up to 21 days of paid time-off within the first year, which is above the national average, as well as 24 hours of paid volunteer time. Additionally, we offer our Team Members the opportunity to gain experience in various departments across our company. This supports our strategy to promote from within as we are focused on developing our Team Members, ensuring we have a pipeline of leaders to serve our 6+ million Members. If you feel comfortable sharing any additional feedback, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

"Heartless leadership"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The frontline employees are working hard to the company afloat.

Cons

Senior managers are heartless and only worry about their bonuses.

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah2020-02-23

February 24, 2020

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and we would like to learn more about it. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com.

"Senior Management Nightmare"

2.0
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good co-workers, unique blend of services

Cons

Continued rollback of compensation and benefits promoted by a Senior Management team that runs the company with dishonesty and fear based management style. During the last Employee Survey employees were told that local manager's compensation would be tied to any negative scores for all of management categories in an effort to improve the well earned horrible marks that Senior Management got in the previous surveys. Compensation for established agents has been cut markedly over the past 5 years, once the union threat was beaten down. New agents are hired under a new and different compensation plan that pays them perhaps half of what established agents are paid. This results in high turnover among this group as good salespeople go out and find good sales jobs that pay way more and the level of talent attracted by the new package is subpar. This past month those of us who had accumulated vacation over time were told that the vacation accrual caps were being severely reduced and the new caps would be enforced in a month. So you either were able to take all that vacation immediately or it was taken from you with no compensation. This is the type of sneaky trick that has become all too common under the overly long rule of Tim Condon.

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah2020-01-19

February 21, 2020

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. We benchmark and assess our jobs and benefits every year to ensure we are offering competitive pay and benefits. We value our Team Members and encourage them to use their paid time off to rest and restore, especially because they work hard! Our paid time off accrual rate is generous and is above the national industry standard. In cases where Team Members exceed the PTO cap, we do not take their existing accrued time away but rather require they use that time first before accumulating more. We would like to learn more about your experience. If you feel comfortable sharing, please email us at people@norcal.aaa.com or feel free to reach out to HR to discuss.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 301 Reviews