AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 233 reviews

AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah CEO Tim Condon
Tim Condon
Pros
Cons
  • "There is zero consideration for any employee unless it is upper management(in 15 reviews)

• "Tim Condon succeeded at coming and establishing himself as "The Boss" but failed at being a leader(in 13 reviews)

1. An organization that cares about it members and employees.

Current Employee - Senior Leader in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Employees care about helping Members and each other. Organization is investing in the future and building new services. Community service is a focus and encouraged as part of team-building. Decisions are made with a focus on creating value for Members.

Cons

Communication across the organization can be inconsistent and create confusion.

2. Nice place to work

Former Employee - Executive Assistant

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Great benefits. Multiple locations so you can find a office near you.

Cons

Computer equipment and process behind the time. Looking for people with degrees only now

Top-heavy ship slowly sinking

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- HQ is conveniently located by Pleasant Hill BART, if you live near the train - Organization has a noble core mission - Decent work-life balance. You won't be expected to check or answer email off-hours.

Cons

- Near-constant executive and organization change: you will never report to the same VP/SVP for longer than a year. - Endless cycles of layoffs, staff reductions, executive "disappearances" and people jumping ship for anything better. - No upward career path unless you are part of the CEO's clique of special kids, who get rocketed up the org chart. - Three+ levels of VP (regional VP, VP, Senior VP and Executive VP),...

Advice to Management

Accept that AAA does two things: help people with their cars, and insuring families. Do those things well and drop everything else. AAA is playing catch-up at best and fighting for its existence at worst. Going through the motions of "playing startup" will not change the fact that AAA is an also-ran organization in one of the most competitive environments in the world and that true innovation will neither come from...

Great company

• Overall

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Employees can have a voice, care about helping our Members and each other, company is investing in the future and puts in lots of time communicating with teams. Look forward to what Talent Tuesdays will bring as they launch this year. Lots of job openings if you're flexible to moving and to what work you do.

Cons

Messages don't always get cascaded down to the front line.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring smart, positive and team-oriented people - they are motivating to be around .

Non-Agile company trying to be Agile but doesn’t know what an Agile environment means.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than a year

Pros

Startup-like feel at A3V. Free parking at corporate. Good pay, not overly demanding work. Management tries hard and cares. Flexible work hours.

Cons

Too little delegation of authority. Four levels. Little room for advancement unless you want to take a leadership route. Daily stand ups from upper management are kinda pointless. Along with two way Tuesdays. Not a good performance management system. Too many people from PG&E. Cash strapped company. Not-for-profit is different from non-profit.

Advice to Management

Please stop these daily stand ups at corporate and two way Tuesdays. Add more technical levels. Too much management.

6. Branch Mananger

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

AAA is a great company to work for. They offer good benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401K w/ match contribution, etc. They believe in developing their employees to help them grow with them. My experience has been that my L2 manager is truely vested in my success and provides the necessary support needed for me to continue to grow.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

If you have an opportunity to join AAA NCNU, jump on the chance! You are expected to work hard and be present, but the rewards are well worth it!

Horrible

Current Employee - Insurance Agent

Pros

Decent benefits until they take them away too

Cons

Do not be fooled by the 5 star fake reviews. AAA will make false presentations to you. Year over year the comp plan is adjusted in a negative way. You cant build a book of business anymore as the renewals are no longer paid to new sales agents and recently reduced the pay on existing agents renewal book and introduced a 2019 comp plan that is ridiculous. The rates charged are the most expensive you can find for insurance...

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and add value back into the insurance agents. Dont forget insurance sales pay the bills and taking advantage of those that you depend on will hurt you in the long run.... the way things are going AAA may not last much longer.

Beware the "Most Trusted Brand"

Former Employee - Corporate in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

There are two positive aspects of employment with AAA NCNU: the corporate workforce is legitimately diverse and the corporate office employees have moderately flexible work schedules.

Cons

1. The management of the company is grossly financially inefficient; 2. Executive level management is focused on personal wealth gain (annual performance bonus program is skewed unfairly to reward Executives regardless of team performance or financial responsibility); 3. Management actively suppresses employee complaints, essentially protecting those responsible for harassment and fostering a hostile work environment;...

Don’t be fooled by all the fake reviews.

Former Employee - Insurance Agent

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Benefits are decent but that is about it

Cons

They will lie and use you until you drop. There is zero consideration for any employee unless it is upper management.

Advice to Management

If you feel the need to post fake reviews to save the image of this company...why not attempt to make positive changes? The reviews will come along with a happy and grateful workforce

10. Great Place To Work - Better Benefits wanted

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time

Pros

I have been with AAA for a while now, and I have really enjoyed my time here. I have great leaders and co-workers. The ability and opportunity to help people is great. I have enjoyed working here more than any other company and I have worked for at least one of Glassdoors top 10 Companies to work for. This is so much better than that.

Cons

The club has gotten to big to stay at the 5 level business they are trying to be. Managers with nearly 100 people to manage is not efficient when they have to do a number of administrative tasks such as approving time cards etc. The 5 levels also prohibits opportunities for growth. As I mentioned the benefits could be improved greatly. I know benefit costs keep going up, but it seems like we as a company could leverage...

Advice to Management

Look at opportunities to improve benefits, pay is not the only part of compensation and for some it is not the most important part. Look to move away from the 5 level structure. It works for smaller organizations but the company has gotten too large to continue that strategy for long.

Found 233 reviews