AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Tim Condon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No consistency - upper management needs to figure out what they want and stick with it (in 13 reviews)

• Tim Condon is not qualified to lead a Bay Area Company into the 21st century (in 10 reviews)

"Special Place"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong vision for the future, investing to keep the company relevant, fast paced environment. Good pay and benefits if you're willing to work hard for them.

Cons

Company is spread out across 7 states - limited chance to meet coworkers. You need to work hard to keep up with everything that's going on and feel connected to things going on outside your branch office.

Advice to Management

Find ways to keep people feeling plugged into the organization.

"Garbage management"

Former Employee - Agent in Dublin, CA
    Former Employee - Agent in Dublin, CA

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits were the only pro

Cons

Evrything but the benefits were good.

Advice to Management

Go back to servicing

3. "Life Agent"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training and wonderful place to work.

Cons

Lack of lead support from front line.

4. "Good"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work.

Cons

Call Center often moving from state to state

Advice to Management

None

"Inconsistent."

Pros

1st year incentives worked well. A very well known brand. Salary and benefits, difficult to find in insurance.

Cons

Management made a significant effort to cut income and opportunities, and were very successful at it. In my third year, I produced more than in my first, but was paid significantly less. Training was sub par, leads were difficult to acquire at times. Local manager knew very little about life insurance and was therefore far more of a hindrance than a benefit. Underwriting was terribly inconsistent. Products are average, much better products available from other companies. Bottom line, you can do much better.

"Bullying and Intimidation"

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall, nice people, good reputation, excellent name recognition. I was proud to tell people I worked at AAA...until it became unbearable.

Cons

There is subtle and not-so-subtle bullying going on as well as favoritism. Was glad to leave the 8th grade, cliquish "Mean Girls" mentality that goes on in communications.

Advice to Management

Dig deep and pull back the curtain. Look past the appearance of smiles. There is a meanness with your female staff in communications.

"Finance"

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not a dangerous place to work. That's about it.

Cons

This is a company that is run by Tim Condon, a person who surrounds himself with yes-men and tries to get to be involved in every little thing without delegating to other people. Over the past year, NCNU purchased the AAA Arizona club and fired nearly the entire division. People who have gone to work at NCNU have described it as a difficult environment, low-paid relative to others in the bay area, and a place that often requires people to work 60 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Tim Condon

"Claims Adjuster"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and company focused on diversity. Pay is good for someone with 0 experience.

Cons

The workload is very heavy. After the first month and once training is over I ended up with over 120 claims open. The 2 hour first contact requirement is unrealistic when you walk into 10-20 new claims on Monday.

Advice to Management

Hire more adjusters and limit the workload so your turnover will go down.

"For You Tim Condon"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time

Pros

1.Schedule and work life balance.
    2.AAA has a solid foundation in the many years it has been in business.I can see it's looking for change and change is good.I feel it is behind and playing catch up though. There is a saying "When the rate of change of the outside exceeds the rate of change on the inside the end is near".

Cons

1.Hard work goes un noticed and chances of promoting within are slim.
    2.Leadership is out of tune with what goes on in the business.There is a disconnect.Mainly due to always being in an office.
    3.Leadership not open to feedback or change even if the change is meant to improve the business.
    4.No legitimate development systems in place. All programs have failed and are check the box.Someone with zero experience in the field is more likely to promote.
    5.There is 2 comp plans for agents.New comp plan pays half of the old comp plan and because of this tenured agents bully,cheat, and try anything possible to make sure new agents on the new comp plan do not succeed.They do not want new agents to succeed cause they feel if they succeed their job is at risk since it shows someone getting paid half can do the same work.
    5.Relationships in the job are OK although it creates conflicts.
    6.Extreme politics and leadership moves on assumptions not facts

Advice to Management

1.Get a legitimate development program and focus on making your team better everyday.
    Any employee development is time we'll spent and normally results in the employee taking on more work,feeling more valued,and feeling like they have more of a purpose.Who doesn't want to get better and make more money.
    2.Help your team win and show the same dedication and passion for your work you expect from your people.
    3.Connect with your employees and genuinely care for them and hear them out.
    4.Do what you say you will do.
    5.Invest in self improvement.Everyday ask your self how can I make myself and my team better.A 1% Improvement everyday adds up 365% in a year.
    99% of Unions happen because employees felt like they were not being heard and broken promises.

"Command and control CEO"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Pros

Recognizes the need to change and innovate.

Cons

Old school, top down management style that doesn't realize it's demotivating. Over values left brain thinking at the expense of getting the best thinking from a diverse mix of working styles.

Advice to Management

None