AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Tim Condon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance has been great they do not want you taking work home they prefer you spend time with your family (in 13 reviews)

• Pay is good for someone with 0 experience (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • all kinds of problems with upper management Tim Condon (in 14 reviews)

• Tim Condon is on a mission to look good on paper and to run a company of quantity and not quality (in 13 reviews)

"Here's the Real"

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great organization to work for. This is the most diverse company I have worked for across the board from individual contributors up to the senior leadership team.

I come from companies where everyone is there for themselves and it's a dog eat dog atmosphere. AAA is the exact opposite. Everyone is all about adding value for the members and working as a team to achieve that. The culture around here is "what can I do to help you" "how can I help you" with everything.

A major selling point on my decision to join was the focus on developing talent within the organization. My manger met with me and asked what she could do to help me grow in my career my 2nd day with the company. I told her some things and on day 3 I was placed on 2 projects that will help me achieve that.

There is high visibility in this organization all the way up to executive leadership, so if you are doing great work it will be noticed and rewarded. I've interacted with multiple members of the senior leadership team, and they are all humble, down to Earth, and pleasant individuals. Last week I had a brief conversation with the CEO Tim Condon where he welcomed me to the organization again, and thanked me for my work on a project that I didn't even know he knew I worked on. That speaks volumes to be able to interact with and have a relationship with executive leadership no matter how micro it is.

My Manager and VP directly over me check in with me almost on a daily just to see how I'm doing and see how they can better support me to do my job. I'm not use to that level of support and it shows they care. I do not just feel like another number in this organization.

Management ask for feedback on initiatives that are rolling out and they actually listen to what the team members have to say and make necessary adjustments to better accommodate the team and the goal that trying to be achieved.

Work life balance has been great they do not want you taking work home they prefer you spend time with your family.

Cons

Too much free food. I'm trying to diet and eat healthy, but someone always has something to temp you here.

Meeting rooms are a challenge to secure at times due to double booking.

The provide more flavored sparkling water than regular bottled water in the break room.

Advice to Management

Let the world know we do more than roadside assistance and insurance. AAA is doing too many exciting and innovative things that only employees know about. Spread the news.

2. "Changing environment needs some stability"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

dedicated mid level managers, very knowledgeable

Cons

too many changes,
    top leadership isn't transparent

Advice to Management

be transparent, show value to employee contribution

3. "Operations Director"

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time

Pros

The company cares about their employees and AAA members

Cons

Slow to invest and change with the times, and poor performing employees are retained for many years

4. "Great Benefits"

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits - Fair health plans, excessive PTO and volunteer time, along with an excellent 401K match.

Cons

As a growing club, there are many pain points when it comes to integration.

5. "Good pay and hours"

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time

Pros

Good pay and hours five words are needed this is scammy

Cons

co workers slack you have to pick up more work

6. "Nice company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of perks, nice coworker, good salary and compensation.

Cons

Change of Management is frequent

"Constant Change is Not Good"

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits and co-workers. Teams work well.

Cons

This company is in constant change. When there is a management change the entire business model has to change. Within a couple of years, that manager is gone, and they go back to putting the fire out. Your employees have a better grasp of the business model then the people they bring in off the streets. Just because it worked at XYZ company doesn't always mean its going to work here.

Advice to Management

Since the majority of your members are over 56 years old, this has been the median age for the last 25 + years. Don't just toss them to the side and solely focus on Millenials, you have an untapped market called GenX'ers, who have disposable income and they don't live with their parents. Looks at all your clients. Lastly, when you make a bold statement "Legendary for doing the right thing", make sure you include doing whats right by your employees.

I have no regrets for the time I had as an employee. Would I go back, not at all.

Would I recommend this employer to family and friends to work at, never.

"CEO leading company in wrong direction"

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Helping people in there time of need

Cons

CEO does not respect experience and/or tenure. This is demonstrated by the revolving door of terminations and resignations.

Advice to Management

The CEO should resign and go back to Canada! Its not about you, but the AAA members and associates.

"Life Insurance Specialist"

Current Employee - Life Insurance Specialist in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Life Insurance Specialist in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, teamwork, corporate responsibility, great benefits, great name brand

Cons

Life Insurance not as well supported as other products and represents small percentage of overall sales. Little training and support for new agents.

Advice to Management

Pay greater care to long term employees as company starts to pivot in new direction that is more sales driven.

"Agent"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Henderson, NV

Pros

The people as in fellow employees.

Cons

Computer programs, salary going down not up, taking away phone calls and online quotes, culture of fear and feeling like your company is working against you.

Advice to Management

Too much too even mention.