AAA Texas Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/Life balance does not exist unless you are a top seller" (in 9 reviews)

• "There has been multiple complains on her from almost her whole team but there is no action taken from upper management because she's a favorite there" (in 11 reviews)

"Insurance Business Manager"

Current Employee - Insurance Business Mana in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Insurance Business Mana in Coppell, TX

I have been working at AAA Texas full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing company to be a part of. Feel like you are working for something bigger then yourself. Pay is great if you are willing to ride the roller coaster, and benefits are even better; trips, bonuses etc. We haven't laid off anyone because of downsizing, and there is plenty of opportunity and departments if you want a change or move up in the company.

Cons

Slower to get with modern times, old systems.

Advice to Management

Stay positive and get your team buy in with changes and procedures. Builds Moral and better employees.

"If you are looking for a sales career with a future please read"

Former Employee - Direct Sales in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Direct Sales in Coppell, TX

I worked at AAA Texas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are average to above average

Cons

If you are looking for a career with a future then the Direct Sales department is not the avenue to take. It appears management is trying to hire as many people as possible to just fill seats and answer calls. They started a work from home program that requires the agent to pay $400 a month for the right to work from home. You read that correctly. The department charges its sales agents $400 a month for the “right” to work from home. Other departments have employees work from home at no cost to the employee.
    The compensation plan is complicated and confusing. So much so that the payroll department often times doesn’t send out your commission information until the day before payday. You won’t have time to review and request any corrections until the next payroll cycle. You often get shorted- if you actually catch it -and nothing is done to make it better. The compensation plan is based heavily on how accurate your work is done. If you make any mistakes-you will earn 30-50% less for an entire quarter. A mistake could be a name misspelled or date wrong - nothing that couldn’t be easily corrected.
    Expect that you won’t get all your business approved by underwriting - so you’ll have chargebacks on top of all the other stress and anxiety thrown at you. There are ever changing rules and guidelines that make the job even harder. The IT systems have known glitches that often require you to try and work around. It’s not worth the trouble when there are many jobs out there that appreciate good people and compensate them fairly and appropriately.

Advice to Management

Change the way you treat sales people. They are treated like second class citizens. You have recently lost some very good agents and I am sure more will be leaving soon. Change the accuracy and auditing process and how significantly that adversely affects agents pay. It’s a very subjective process and it rarely ends up being fair for the sales person. The sales contests are geared towards certain markets and there is a lot of politics being played in the office. You have information shared with certain agents but not everyone else. It’s a volatile and stressful environment where agents feel under appreciated.

"Over worked"

I worked at AAA Texas full-time

Pros

Mid level mgmt does all they can to make the atmosphere tolerable.

Cons

Way too much work to get done in 8 hrs. Most claims and Subrogation staff have to put in extra hrs to try and be current.

Advice to Management

Be open and truly honest with staff and assign only a reasonable amount of work.

4. "ERS Agent I"

I have been working at AAA Texas full-time

Pros

Good bonus opportunities available

Cons

Everything is managed by seconds

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Coppell, TX

I have been working at AAA Texas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable company whose mission centers around members. Competitive pay and great benefits. Opportunities for advancement in the call center specifically include training in different markets and products, licensing, and claims reporting. Growth opportunities within the organization, over 90% of management comes from within.

Cons

No significant cons that I've encountered in my 18 year career.

Advice to Management

Continue to give employees a voice and use feedback to make the environment better. The efforts are noticed by employees.

"AAA is great!"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Coppell, TX

I have been working at AAA Texas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are so many benefits to working with a company like AAA. They keep things fun and exciting. They offer a lucrative comp plan, far better than most of the top competing companies. If you actually take the time to understand how to maximize your compensation and work smarter you can truly make as much money as you want. There are people who really love what they do here. Those who do well here truly feel rewarded, both financially and through winning awesome sales summits to beautiful destinations. If you work and track your leads, you will build a great pipeline and it won't matter when times are slow because you already set yourself up for success.

Cons

The quality of hiring has declined, and during slow times people don't realize that a phone works both ways. The job description is not to be a receptionist who simply answers phones, you have to really work to be successful.

"Success is within your reach!"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Coppell, TX

I have been working at AAA Texas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

AAA is an organization with a lot of opportunities for its associates. I have been a sales agent for over 6 years and I have been able to do earn a good living with this job. It is a sales job so you have to put a good effort and work smart to be successful. If you do work smart and understand the products you are selling you will be very successful and earn a great income. If you sit at your desk and expect to get calls you will fail miserably. Also the benefits are very good: Health care, 401K, trips and different events.

Cons

I am not customer facing in my day to day operation so I would love to be able to wear a jeans and sneakers so I can be comfortable at work.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on our future and communicate the organizations vision in a regular bases.

8. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

I have been working at AAA Texas full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very good to the employees, family atmosphere and the managers care about the staff. Good events go on and goals are achievable.

Cons

Technology is lacking and dress code

"Current employee"

I have been working at AAA Texas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, great benefits and a stable company.

Cons

No complaints, work hard and you will have a plethora of opportunities.

"Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

I have been working at AAA Texas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture encourages positivity and career growth.

Cons

Denim is currently not allowed to be worn.