AAA The Auto Club Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joe Richardson

Pros
Cons
  • it's a call center, so lots of rules and performance focus, and lots of turnover (in 8 reviews)

• Bad Upper Management in Michigan is ruining this company (in 7 reviews)

1. "Consistently Improving"

Current Employee - Insurane Agent in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Insurane Agent in Omaha, NE

I have been working at AAA The Auto Club Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, family atmosphere, coworkers, local management, opportunities available to move up or laterally if you chose

Cons

pay could be better as could some processes

Advice to Management

Seems to depend on the department but where I'm at and upper management are great.

2. "Employer Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I worked at AAA The Auto Club Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

With the right management the work environment including employees & the physical environment are a great place to work together as a team or individually in a department.

Cons

Pay should be higher for hourly employees.

Advice to Management

Management should listen to hourly employees more. They are the ones actually implementing the objectives of the company. We are the ones that can streamline as well as increase profits if you listen to us & dont tie our hands with bureaucracy.

"Micro managed"

Current Employee - Travel Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Travel Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at AAA The Auto Club Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, friendly co-workers that have been here for a long time. Overtime is approved, however limited. AAA Membership included with employment.

Cons

Systems outdated, managers unable to make decisions other than reporting measurement.Old school/gossip mill. Travel Agents only allowed to sell certain venders so unable to really listen to Customer needs and requests. All sales agents all trying to achieve same goals so now customers are getting asked thru whole visit if they want a credit card, upgrade membership so Customer service going out the window.
    Used to be a great place to work, however not so much now. Job security since management hands tied when it comes to performance management some should be let go. Understaffed and not able to find new agents.

4. "ERS Customer Advocate"

Current Employee - ERS Customer Advocate in Heathrow, FL
    Current Employee - ERS Customer Advocate in Heathrow, FL

I have been working at AAA The Auto Club Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice pay for a call center

Cons

Unrealistic goals. Don't care about the individual, just the call load.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic. The job would be okay without the unattainable goals. The only reason for them is to keep from advancement or bonus.

"TERRIBLE company that will play games with your pay!"

Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at AAA The Auto Club Group (Less than a year)

Pros

- $15 starting wage (only problem is you have to scratch and claw to get it)
    - Decent benefits on paper (although I didn't stay long enough to enjoy any of them)

Cons

PLEASE reconsider before taking a job here! I worked for the company for 10 days from March 13 to March 23. Today is April 10th, and I have not been paid one red cent yet. This company owes me almost $1,000.

They claim to withhold your one week pay INDEFINITELY. That does not mean you get paid one week behind, it means they withhold a week's pay until you leave the company, and that you won't get your first check until at least a month after you start. Then, if for some reason you decide to quit, they'll cancel your direct deposit and send your final paycheck via snail mail so they can hold the money for another week. Of course you will not hear this during the interview or training, you'll hear it a day before your first check is supposed to arrive in your bank.

So because my first check was my last check, it was delayed on 2 different occasions and we are now approaching 30 days. I am looking into whether I am entitled to liquidated damages in the amount of double my wages.

Besides playing with your money, management just doesn't care at all. My class confronted the operations manager about this problem and was met with nonchalance. Your trainer will baby talk you and a room full of other 30 year olds, and try to restrict your bathroom breaks to the two 10 minute break times. In other words, no getting up to leave the room for any reason.

Advice to Management

Shut the place down.

"90% Contractors, Poor Job Security, IT not Valued"

Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Tampa, FL

I worked at AAA The Auto Club Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay,
    Remote work allowed twice per week

Cons

Old Office building,
    slow out-dated computers,
    outdated 15 inch monitors,
    no free coffee,
    coffee machines not on every floor,
    have to up 4 floors to pay for coffee,
    break room is beyond dirty and outdated,
    only 3mo contracts is a joke with poor notice of extension,
    Michigan management I've never met controls contract extensions not your boss,
    no emphasis on IT,
    Your manager may like you but has no control over contract extension,
    underfunded IT Budget,
    Outdated Technology,
    Poorly run budget and Contracting,
    Bad Upper Management in Michigan is ruining this company

Advice to Management

Increase budget for IT. IT is the future. IT needs better computers, monitors, and equipment. Hire people full time and stop with the lousy short 3 month contracts. You need to give at least 2 weeks notice that you are extending contracts. This is noway to treat people. You should provide free coffee on every floor. I shouldn't be required to go up 4 floors just for coffee so that I can spill it on the way down. It's a total nightmare!

"Horrible treatment, especially in the first year of employment"

Current Employee - Membership Services Representative in Heathrow, FL
    Current Employee - Membership Services Representative in Heathrow, FL

I have been working at AAA The Auto Club Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get decent benefits. You get a steady 40 hours every week.

Cons

Everything is based on sales and seniority. You get PTO time but have no ability to schedule it. You have to bid for your schedule at least twice a year and it is not likely for them to work with you on a schedule that fits your needs. It does not matter if you have a doctors note, you get written up for calling out more than once in your first 6 months. They say the sales goals are attainable, but they honestly are not unless you are lucky enough to be placed in the sales queue. If you miss your sales a total of 3 times you will be fired. If you have to call out more than their meager allowance, you get fired. Job security changes with the wind here. The turnover rate is very high. They harbor no loyalty towards you as an employee. Discipline and termination are swiftly used and often unjust. I have never been so unhappy in a work place. The job itself is challenging, and the pay does not match the work load.

Advice to Management

You need to relate with the employees on a personal level. The environment we work in is hostile and high pressure and management is distant. There is no concern for the needs of the employees. A company needs employees just as much as an individual needs a job. Quality work comes from happy employees. Happy emplyees feel valued and secure in the workplace.

8. "LAN Analyst - Legal Department"

Current Employee - LAN Analyst in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - LAN Analyst in Detroit, MI

I have been working at AAA The Auto Club Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful Benefits and security in position.

Cons

too long a drive from home

9. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Dearborn, MI

I worked at AAA The Auto Club Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people great atmosphere, management is good. Great communication

Cons

Does not give enough pay for their employees

Advice to Management

Thank you for being so wonderful. I miss AAA

"Dont Do It"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at AAA The Auto Club Group (Less than a year)

Pros

I cant think of a one with this company

Cons

No home / work life balance nonexistent. Does not care about you or your personal life at all. Not a lot of personal days available. Does not care about the Mayor telling you its a nation emergency to stay home off the roads, will still ding you if you cannot slip and slide and take your life or personal property in your own hands to get to work. Raise is not worth the time and effort to perform. EXTREMELY HIGH TURNOVER

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees if its not working and your turn over rate is ridiculous then fix the problem.