AAA The Auto Club Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Joe Richardson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • it's a call center, so lots of rules and performance focus, and lots of turnover (in 8 reviews)

• No personal life, adherence levels set unrealistically high,mandatory overtime almost daily (in 7 reviews)

"Great job for the apothetic"

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Nashville, TN

I worked at AAA The Auto Club Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is decent at entry level.

Cons

This company caters to the lazy. Those that work hard, get more work. Those that don't, get to play games on their phones and eat pizza all day. NOT equal work for equal pay. They are driving all the hard workers to other employers. Mandatory overtime is daily in the summertime, although they claim it is only for emergency situations.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your employees. They know what issues exist better than you do. Stop punishing hard work with extra work that isn't fairly compensated for.

"Benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AAA The Auto Club Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits start after 30 days and they are actually good and affordable.
    Management cares about their employment surveys and actually cares and works hard to make changes (except for comments on compensation).

Cons

If you use a PTO day as a sick day you get a point against you, 3 points and you will not be eligible for your bonus or pay increase. It is totally ridiculous.

Yearly pay increases are very low.
    Most departments allow flex time and others do not, it should be consistent company wide.
    Executives are paid I think above market and the working folks are paid way below others in the same position in our market.

"Agent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AAA The Auto Club Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Base pay, carrier options for picky shoppers, location

Cons

location, share more of the commission

Advice to Management

Numbers are great but employees and their family are important, show your concerns for family -work balance, jeans days are nice but that does not pay the bills.

"Sales compensation favors the company not sales talent"

I have been working at AAA The Auto Club Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong brand, products are mostly under AAA, not 3rd party. Marketing and leads are provided and agent can focus on sales, but the compensation is not competitive and fails to retain top talent. The comp model is designed to churn agents out and have the company retain the business for itself.

Cons

Turn-over is rampant, poor treatment and no appreciation of veteran agents through compensation, non-competitive retirement package, medical is fair, there is a ceiling on how much you can make due to poor comp package, poor renewal compensation for insurance sales. Is a good entry point for young agents and professionals, but over time it's truly not meant to be a career.

Advice to Management

Improve on ease of doing business, field sales force and manage change much more effectively, while considering the impact of front line sales. Better application of existing technology and adding technology more effectively. Seems scatters and short sighted from the past changes - demonstrates low competence. Change as I've experienced has made lateral impact over time, and severely impacts negatively the sales production with little impact on long term sales opportunities for agents. Stop the cannibalizing of sales, based on conflicting sales channels and poor sales guidelines that doesn't protect a sales agent's work and effort (dog eat dog sales model) -- it doesn't lend itself for team building and trust within the organization which in my view is essential to market competitiveness and growth. Insurance back office and business operations seems to lack integrity of information processing, poor data metrics and reporting, and insurance operations is prone to too many consistent mistakes. Performance incentives expects exceptional customer service and uses metrics and evaluations to punish employees, however compensation for exceptional work is not equitable, noticeable rewards are lacking. The exceptional work that I notice delivered by front line employees, the company does not promote the same treatment to its employees which is a complete contradiction to its own values. It's a 2 face and bottom line minded business model. Pressure on low level employees is exceptionally high which is one reason for high turn-over. IMHO. Why I stay? I contemplate daily and negotiate my own right and wrong for the well being of just trying to earn an income. ACG needs alot of work. Managers lack true leadership values, a majority of which are forced to follow the status quo to survive. It's reflected by the guidelines, policies, and compensation put in place. For ACG, the controls, as I imagine are highly guided by lawyers and accountants put in place are suffocating. Truth is no workplace is perfect. The challenge is to manage consistent success despite of these adverse conditions.

5. "Deposit Operations"

Current Employee - Deposit Operations in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Deposit Operations in Omaha, NE

I have been working at AAA The Auto Club Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free AAA membership with employment, good benefits, 401K and PTO

Cons

Bad tuition reimbursement program for masters

6. "Insurance Agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent Tampa in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent Tampa in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AAA The Auto Club Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its a job and a little pay check

Cons

Pay is terrible for the amount of work you do

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better and you won't keep getting the revolving door

7. "It's a job"

I have been working at AAA The Auto Club Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Coworkers/benefits. Lots of over time. If you want it or not.

Cons

Hours make AAA your life. Dirty work environment.

Advice to Management

Please treat your employees like people and remodeling your bathroom would go a long way!

8. "Customer Advocate"

Pros

Free AAA membership. There are no other pros, but glass door insists a 20 word minimum is required. Blah blah blah

Cons

AAA is great if you're a customer, if you're an employee you're treated like scum.
    Racism

Advice to Management

Teach your management to treat everyone equally.
    Dont insist that your lower level employees must follow exact protocol if management will violate it and make the staff look like they were lying to the customer. If the lower staff has to follow certain rules, management needs to back that up and follow the same rules.

9. "Emer. Road Service Dept."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Heathrow, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Heathrow, FL

I have been working at AAA The Auto Club Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good beginning salary
    Ok benefits
    Good place to get work experience.
    Yearly bonus if you fully meet your performance goals.

Cons

Consent changing policies & performance goals.
    High turnover
    Consent Mandatory Overtime
    Very very low salary increases.
    Bad senior management

Advice to Management

Set & keep your dept. performance goals for the full year, do not keep changing.

New CEO doing Ok so far -- but needs to address his Emer. Road Service Sr. management team - change is sometimes better than the status quo.

"Sales Agents Beware"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Omaha, NE

I worked at AAA The Auto Club Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great lead generation program. You can work membership list to contact current AAA Members to solicit personal lines products

Cons

Only provides AAA Auto, Life and Umbrella products. All other lines are sold through other carriers. Company will not allow you to sell the Life insurance with clients. Must refer the business to the life agents who sell it for you.

If the life agents do not sell enough to meet the goals the company requires you a placed on probation. If the life agent you refer the business to still does not meet the minimum goals you are instantly fired.

I was one of those agents let go after 8 years of building a large book. At first I thought my life rep was being lazy and so I made the follow up calls to my clients. I was put on probation and regardless of sending more than double the leads than any other agents the life rep still failed to meet the goals and I was let go.

Turns out, this has happened before to other agents. Once their book grows to a certain point the life reps are advised to not quote or sell to any of the referred clients. After bumping into my life agent a year later he was very apologetic and wanted to know how I was doing. He let me know that the president and territory manager pulled him aside and advised him to stop all quotes and sales for me and the other two agents.

This company only looks to allow you to build a descent size book and will then fire you soon as you do not meet any of the goals they place on you. Even if they are out of your control.

Advice to Management

None, just don't work for them. No one even needs a AAA membership anymore, with cellular companies, credit card companies and car warranties providing for free or very little expense this company will be finding itself bankrupt in less than 10 years anyway.