ABB Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Project Coordinator"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

very good business ethics
    wonderful team

Cons

too many company policies
    centralized management team

Advice to Management

give employees some space for development

"Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ABB (More than 8 years)

Pros

Values for Shareholders and customers; Health and Safety values

Cons

The company is based of political aspects instead of skills of the employees. Benefits and salaries are lower than the competitors, investment in trainings

"Good"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ABB full-time (More than a year)

Pros

International mobility, lots of possibilities and opportunities if you're motivated and have the dedication to bring your ideas through. Continuous improvement requirements. Compensation is good compared to the local averages and compared to the regional average wihtin the industry.

Cons

Demanding job timewise if you want to move ahead quickly, but that can be told from most of the jobs I believe.

"ABB is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Front End Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Front End Sales in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

A career at ABB is what you make of it. If you have a great deal of drive and initiative, you'll be allowed to pursue any opportunities and/or roles you desire. My experience has been quite positive and I feel I've been given the opportunity to pursue any interests I have. Additionally, as someone who has held several different roles in different business units, it's great to be able to move around in ABB with little effort from a systems and IT perspective. Regardless where you are in the world and working for ABB, most of the IT systems are relatively the same.

Cons

Any company of this size has communication challenges. In the past 5 years most of the boundaries within ABB have come down and improvements are being made. However, I firmly believe that any organization has room to improve its communication. I would like to see objectives set for the business as a whole so all functions are heading in the same direction and working towards the same goals. Too often it seems each factory, function or business unit has their own marching orders which conflict at times. As I mentioned earlier, it's improved considerably but still has room to grow if we really want ABB firing on all cylinders.

Advice to Management

I would like to see more openly communicated strategic objectives which are defined, measured and worked towards.

Showing 4 of 1,832 reviews