ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. CNC Operator Reviews | Glassdoor

ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. CNC Operator Reviews

Updated 4 Jan 2017

3.9
ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. CEO Peter Voser (no image)
Peter Voser
  1. "CNC Operator"

Current Employee - CNC Operator in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love my job! I love the people I work with and for. And the money is about the best u r gonna find around here. Benefits are good too.

Cons

Not a con to me.. but some folks are afraid of work! U r gonna be tired. U r gonna get ur hands dirty. U may not be able to look pretty...lol! That stuff don't bother me.

Advice to Management

Just continue to make your people feel appreciated. That's really all anyone wants.

ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc.2017-01-05

"Machine Operator"

Former Employee - CNC Machine Operator in Weaverville, NC

I worked at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in. very friendly people, and great training

Cons

Advancement worked off of seniority rather than production work

ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc.2015-05-25
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Disappointed"

Current Employee - CNC Operator in Ozark, AR

I have been working at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay and benefits on par with other employers in the area. Manufacturing plant is air conditioned.

Cons

Recent pay raises have been very small, barely keeping up the the increases in the cost of living (if you believe the governments numbers). In fact, when you factor in inflation and the increase to our insurance premioums, our pay has less value in 2012 than it had in 2011. This was especially disappointing given that Baldor posted record profits in 2011 and the local Ozark facility had a record year on several... fronts as well. If you cannot get a real pay raise in that environment, you never will. Management has developed a habit of being "less than honest" with employees. One specific example of this breach in honesty is managements treatment of new hires. They have hired people through a temporary service with the promise of being hired full time in six months or less. As of the date of this review, there are several "temps" who have been at Baldor Ozark for mare than a year with no idea of when they might go full time. The competence of management is suspect. A specific example is the decision to rearrange equipment so that it will look nice for visitors. The function of a work area now takes a back seat to aesthetics.

Advice to Management

Management should refocus thier efforts on the long term success of the company. Small pay increases and large numbers of "temps' will no doubt make this years numbers look a little better. The long term effect will be (1) a sharp decrease in your ability to hire and maintain the highest caliber employees, (2) damage to Baldor's reputation, (3) increased difficulty in meeting customer expectations. Baldor's... culture has long been one of "treating employees so well that they do not want outside representation." Management should recommit themselves to this culture before the Teamsters get a foothold.

ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc.2012-08-18