ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. Reviews

Updated Nov 13, 2019

ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. CEO Peter Voser (no image)
Peter Voser

"This was the best job/career I've ever had."

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Technician in Fort Smith, AR

I worked at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Freedom to do my job, the people, ability to advance, I could tell my boss what I think, incredibly gratifying, I was in a position to teach/educate people, benefits, pay.

Cons

Had to deal with molten aluminum in some cases (got burned), very repetitive, in some cases I wasn't the most popular person (which told me that I was doing my job).

Advice to Management

The only thing I wanted to see happen was for someone to say good job (Pat on the back).

ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc.2017-01-25

"Not sure what to think"

Current Employee - Punch Press Operator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pays pretty good compared to other companies in this field, and most the workers here are pretty cool and hard working people.

Cons

Not sure how to feel here at the St.Louis plant, just feels like people are getting fired for minor incidents, that should result in a write up at most, not a firing. We had a employee that had been here around ten years without any incidents, he bids to another department and within a couple weeks gets fired for cutting his finger during training, just don't add up. Then like a week later another employee cuts... his head on a coil and doesn't even get a verbal, the favoritism here is crazy. I'm wondering if I should be looking for a new job, seeing as the company's hurting so bad for money that they couldn't even give us the $50 gift card we get every Christmas this year. I mean we've had a brand new slit line for well over a year and they still have no clue how to make it run. Makes you wonder who they got running this place. Just feels like taking care of the employee is at the bottom of this company's to do list, and god forbid you have fmla for anything, man their trying to get rid of those employees like crazy, it's almost to the point of harassment.

Advice to Management

I don't really know what to say, can you fix any of this. I mean do you even care about these reviews on this site. I'm just saying it's really bad when most your employees here in St.Louis are making $21.50 and up and all they talk about is finding a new job.

ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc.2017-01-22

"Needs improvement."

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Employees at the plant level truly perform as a team and care about each other. Plant level management (Plant manager/staff) treat employees with respect.

Cons

Frequent wage freezes for salary personnel. Low wages and mediocre benefits. Most, if not all, policy changes are at the expense of the employee (benefits/wages/vacation). Baldor management (Tucker/Fullbright/Green) treat salary/management personnel as expendable. Morale within the management personnel at my facility has waned and many team members are pursuing employment with other companies.

Advice to Management

When implementing policy changes, be sure to include ones that improve the employees quality of life, not just the ones that improve the bottom line. Pay management employees competitvely.

ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc.2017-01-24
  4. "Nupar"

I worked at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great company to work for while plant still in claremore

Cons

Plant shut down on claremore last year.

ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc.2017-01-30

"Anti-employee environment. Benefits are not worth the stress of working here."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Coworkers are friendly, but we're all just waiting on the ship to completely sink.

Cons

Vacation policy is awful, health benefits are pathetic compared to other companies in the areas where the company is located, vision plan is the cheapest they could offer, forced to get mail order prescriptions or pay double. They took away Christmas gift cards and now they are trying to take away vacation from even salary employees. Offer 10 year employees a voluntary termination plan to cut costs and minimize... another layoff incident. There is no care for the employees well being anymore. It is all about the bottom line. Everyone has become expendable even knowledgeable employees. There are no raises, there are no bonuses. Just keep your head down, do your job, and hope you are not next on the list to go.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like they are worthless. Stop making poor decisions that hurt the company reputation and sales. Stop implementing policies that make work life miserable. Offer better benefits to keep the employees you do have. Most of us are looking for other jobs.

ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc.2017-01-24
  6. "Positive"

I worked at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. full-time

Pros

Team work. Equality. Leadership. Pay personal

Cons

Profit sharing.short lunch. Temps. Some employees. Favortisim.

Advice to Management

Hire more often

ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc.2017-01-09
  7. "CNC Operator"

Current Employee - CNC Operator in Fort Smith, AR

Pros

I love my job! I love the people I work with and for. And the money is about the best u r gonna find around here. Benefits are good too.

Cons

Not a con to me.. but some folks are afraid of work! U r gonna be tired. U r gonna get ur hands dirty. U may not be able to look pretty...lol! That stuff don't bother me.

Advice to Management

Just continue to make your people feel appreciated. That's really all anyone wants.

ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc.2017-01-05
  8. "Good place to work"

Electrical Technician in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, good working environment, good people

Cons

I can't think of any cons to mention.

ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc.2017-01-04
  9. "Sales"

I have been working at ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great company culture and values.

Cons

None currently. Benefits vary as direct employees vs. sales offices.

ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc.2016-12-30
  10. "Entertaining"

Current Employee - Auto Punchpress Operator in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

It is a high paying job with 40 plus hours a week.

Cons

The buildings don't have air conditioning so it does get really hot in the summer. Also, it's really loud., You have to wear hearing protection, steal toe shoes, gloves, etc. Very strict , Tough attendance policy. (No personal sick days or guaranteed bad weather days).

Advice to Management

Show your employees that they're appreciated and cared about and that they're not just a number.

ABB Motors and Mechanical, Inc.2016-12-09