ABB Optical Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Angel Alvarez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Enthusiastic and good work environment, recognition of work, possibility of growth, learning new tasks (in 7 reviews)

• easy, simple, no stress and working with great people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • High standards, low pay, threat of job security looms, large periods where there is nothing to do (in 3 reviews)

• No room for advancement and job gets boring really quick (in 3 reviews)

"Enthusiastic and good work environment!"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at ABB Optical Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enthusiastic and good work environment, recognition of work, possibility of growth, learning new tasks.

Cons

the breaks are too short

2. "Data entry"

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Hawthorne, NJ
    Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Hawthorne, NJ

I worked at ABB Optical Group (More than a year)

Pros

You get to learn a lot about the way they make

Cons

The worst job I have ever had , the managers play favorites if you don’t speak Spanish or if your not white they really don’t deal with you , the data entry manager is the worst he plays favoritism to the girls in the room , he gives people more work than others jobs are never distributed evenly , he makes peopleteamleads and supervisors by how much brown nosing you do . It’s a shame that job treats employees that way because they prefer a certain set ( Hispanic)

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees the same and you’ll stop seeing the revolving door with people just quitting because of the way they’re treated ,learn how to be more empathetic towards your employees who have health issues someone’s job shouldn’t always be on the line because they’re sick maybe if you guys have sick days that would help instead of taking vacation days from someone smh a lot of work to do within your management team

3. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at ABB Optical Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

executive team, great pay, treated very well, great company culture

Cons

now looking back, work/life balance wasn't so bad

Advice to Management

I had one of the best managers there that i have EVER worked for

"Not who they say they are"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at ABB Optical Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the team i worked to build. I loved the people i worked with. A more than capable technology team that built process where there was none, filled roles that didnt exist. Stabilized poorly developed and maintained mission critical systems. Provided an increase in availability for these systems that went from several times per week significant outages to rarely occurring.

Cons

The executive leadership had grand ideas but none really gained traction
    They ignored their two biggest issues; aging unsustainable technology stack
    And
    Reliance on legacy business personnel who had no other experience and had not the team buy in to go with newer ideas
    Chasm between IT and the legacy personnel was never closed despite all attempts by IT

Senior business leadership talked One Team while making no attempt to know personnel, technical team dynamics, or technology in general

Executive leadership is making the company sale-able at the request of private equity ownership. These leaders will make millions. This is primary reason for everything. Risking the future for a payout. They talk team, morale, and excellence while having no connection to what it takes to accomplish those.

Advice to Management

No advice- they could not hear anything that did not come out of their own mouths. I have confidence that the PE firm owners will have to hold this leadership team.
    The response to this will be this was disgruntled former employee, and citing of some fantasy success in building a culture... the line workers may buy some of that but most see and feel the truth.

The reputation in the SoFlo IT market had already been established...and it is all true! The ripping apart of the IT team is a travesty ... and the exodus has begun.

5. "Hawthorne Digital Eye Lab Needs Evaluation"

Former Employee - DEL Technician in Hawthorne, NY
    Former Employee - DEL Technician in Hawthorne, NY

I worked at ABB Optical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers,multicultural,great skill to learn

Cons

Managers show favoritism,pay rate is lousy,raise increase is lousy,they don’t appreciate or reward their good workers,they encourage you to learn as much as possible not for your benefit but so they can get as much out of you for the cheapest prices possible

Advice to Management

When you have quality workers you should treat them as such,showing favoritism doesn’t get you better production,prioritize the importance of your departments & all managers need to be on the same page instead of trying to undercut one another

6. "Good choice"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at ABB Optical Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay
    Awesome training
    Clean, organized call center
    Fun company
    Great benefits

Cons

Stressful interviewing process
    A couple questionable leaders
    Customers can be stressful - but isn't that every job?

Advice to Management

Overall I was happy here as a customer service rep but I had to move on to a sales position that is better suited for me at a different company.

Getting in was an elaborate process: first day is a meet and greet, go home to write a short essay, a couple days later a formal interview with several members of management and it lasted a couple hours, side-jacking with a rep, then going home and getting the job offer within a day or two. I'm glad I didn't give up when over 100 people showed up to the meet and greet (I almost did). They chose 10 of us. It was so worth it.

The training was fun but also intense. They warned us ahead of time that it's not a walk in the park, and they were right. Tons of codes to learn - it was like code bootcamp but trainers made a point to make the whole process positive whenever they could. I came to find out training is actually more difficult than production.

The pay as a CSR is awesome. I don't know of any other entry level CSR position that pays $14/hour ($15 for bilingual). $15/hour (averaged out) is what the salaries of most public school teachers in Florida start at (which is terrible for them but amazing for CSRs)

Management is very good, there are just a couple members of the Resolutions team I found unpleasant and every time I interacted with them I was left with a bad taste in my mouth. Meh. You can't have it all, there is no company in the world with perfect coworkers/management.

The benefits are excellent, much better than average. The culture club does a great job making work fun ... and this company loves to FEED everyone.

I highly recommend working here. I don't know about any other position but I do know it's not unheard of for people to start in the warehouse and work their way into the call center. Good luck!

7. "Great place to work"

I have been working at ABB Optical Group full-time

Pros

It's a great team of passionate people.
    The company truly has established a culture of thanks that is hard to come by.

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

8. "Coral Springs Distribution Center"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at ABB Optical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Respect from Supervisors, advancement opportunities, raises, fun environment

Cons

Lack of communication between the company and the staffing agencies

Advice to Management

Get a better relationship with the staffing agencies so both companies are on the same page. I found it very confusing being told completely different things from the company and the agency and was often times told not to listen to the agency.

9. "First Class Culture"

Current Employee - Business Insights in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Business Insights in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at ABB Optical Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ABB truly cares about their people. The entire management team has an open door policy and has what I would describe as a “flat organization.” You can walk into the President, CFO, & even the CEO's office with a thought or idea and they will be happy to listen and collaborate with you. There is no “chain of command.” Your voice is always heard & they encourage you to speak up. There are no stupid questions or suggestions. The CFO, Paul Sherman, with everything on his plate, makes time every day to walk around to simply ask how your day is and even has one-on-ones with our Customer Service team members. ABB invests in on-going manager training to ensure all managers are being the best leaders they can be. ABB hires the best talent, invests in their people, and ensures their people are growing and developing. They always try to promote from within. ABB has 4 core values -- One Team, Accountability, Passion, & Customer Focus and the company truly lives & breathes these values. The people are friendly, you always hear laugher in the halls. They care about work/life balance. We work hard at ABB, but when you get to work with awesome people every day, it is fun too. The best decision I’ve made for my career to date was to join ABB.

Cons

There are always areas for improvement but nothing major worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

10. "COMMENT ON REVOLVING DOOR REVIEW"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at ABB Optical Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong management, people who care and are willing to teach, opportunity for growth

Cons

Let's be honest no job is perfect but there is nothing that stands out that needs to be noted

Advice to Management

I normally am not one to leave my opinion when it comes to reviews about one's work place. However, when the CFO of the company pulls the entire finance department of 50 plus people into a room to express his "I get down but I get up again" mentality, it made me want to express my opinion.

I, personally, was taken back when this review was read to us, as were several other people that were in the room. The finance department is far from a revolving door. As with any growing company, people come and go, get promoted and make lateral moves within an organization. It's part of business. Our CFO personally takes ownership of developing and challenging people within the department to be the best you can be at ABB.

The finance management team of ABB is by far one of the best teams I have worked for in all my years of employment. They educate, mentor and lead with the best interest of not only the company but the employee as well. There has always been an open door policy within the department to not only bring challenges to management, also to be part of the solution as well.

To the individual that wrote this review, there is no such thing as a dumb question or opinion. You have a platform to express yourself to anyone with the finance department to get a better understanding as to why something is the way it is or bring up what you may feel is wrong and provide a solution to what you see as a problem. It is the best way to not only grow within the organization but make your job something to look forward to each day.

Keep doing what you are doing in Finance!

ABB Optical Group Response

Oct 18, 2017 – HR Recruiter/Social Media

Thank you so much for this positive review. We appreciate all feedback even those that provide us an opportunity to better ourselves.