ABC Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 27, 2017

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Encourage people without experience to work at ABC, pay is low, stress is high but learning experience is valuable."

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

You get exposed to some of the state of the art facilities and it's a great opportunity to advance your technical knowledge. However, some plants are older and not that organized. Interior System was a great plant for learning. People usually stay with ABC for couple of years just to gain experience and move to similar companies for better salary and management.

Cons

There is a lot of politics involved, unhealthy stress that is posed by management for nothing. Not a professional environment. Unhealthy competition.

Advice to Management

Encourage team work rather than pointing finger. Root cause analysis can be performed more professionally.

2. "marketing specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Pros

big company, international work experience

Cons

big team but no efficiency

3. "Intern"

Pros

My boss initially seemed very charismatic; she would take us on sales calls and would convince us of how many connections she had. It was definitely entertaining to go with her, and the team was fun.

Cons

My boss was also extremely moody and would get mad at us for not coming in. However, we were told in the beginning that it was a relaxed, unpaid internship so we could work remotely and that scheduling would be "flexible". Unfortunately, we probably put in many more hours and work definitely was not fun because we just did a lot of administrative work.

Advice to Management

Try to be nice to your employees and instead maybe create some incentives. Some examples would include teaching us actually applicable business/Microsoft knowledge, a salary, or even free time.

4. "good place to work"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I have been working at ABC Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you can learn of new things

Cons

you can not receive too high salary

Advice to Management

apply new management technique

5. "SO and So"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

It is a quite fair place to work, not to many laid-offs, 2 weeks shut down in the summer, 1 week during the winter.

Cons

Since productivity is the main issue, sometimes there is pushing over limits. When is very busy forget about weekends and days off,

Advice to Management

Despite the fact they are a lot of times in the floor, some of them have no clue what is going on. Also there are too many ;;new faces'' every week