ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Assistant Store Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Assistant Store Manager Reviews

Found 4 reviews

3.8
Charles E. Bailes III

"Enoyable Working Environment- Opportunities for growth"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I have to say, this is one of the most stress free positions I have had in all my career. I've learned so much about the retail environment in the 2 years I have been here. The owners are approachable, humble, upstanding individuals who I am grateful to have met on more than one occasion. Having over 100 stores in the state of Florida, I'm sure it is no easy task. The opportunity to learn whatever you choose about the...

Cons

Everyone always desires to make more money. I believe the company recognizes this. Over time they are working on improving this area.

Advice to Management

The company always emphasizes increasing the basket size, which I am a proponent of. I would like to see more consistency amongst the stores in how this is accomplished. Like the waiter who asks "Would you like dessert?" or the fast food, "Would you like fries?" I believe ABC needs to adopt a script other that "Do you have an ABC card?"

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2018-11-04

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Response

November 13, 2018CEO

I agree that we need to greet guests at the counter differently. Hopefully guests are greeted as they enter a store or are approached while they are shopping the floor. At checkout, we suggest you ask "did you find everything you were looking for?" this may cause a guest to remember ...

2. "So far so good"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Cape Canaveral, FL

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits for more than 2 years

Pros

Easy job and some customers can be really nice. Enjoy learning about wine and the many different types. Lots of employee classes to attend which are fun

Cons

Customers can be a bit rude. Have to deal with a lot of nefarious people and bums. Pay isn't very good.

Advice to Management

Don't be friends with employees

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2017-10-22

"Store Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great way to get into management as most managers start out as cashiers and work their way up. On the job training in the classroom and as you work from day to day. Regional managers can be a lot of help if you have a good one.

Cons

Customers can be challenging, pay and benefits not the best, can be stuck working short handed and working over salary hours to fill in when short handed since the hiring process for new employees is slow. It can be difficult getting your promo #'s if products not in line with your customer base and there is a big push for you to reach these quotas.

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2014-08-04

"Under paid, over worked and in the dark"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

Pros

paid time off and Vacation hours, and wine/liquor training

Cons

Upper MGMT always gives you the run around. Under paid for the work they expect. Doesn't pay you enough to use your benefits ( Medical/ Dental) Corporate makes sure you know as little as possible

Advice to Management

Be more open with employees. pay better.

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2014-07-16