ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Sales Associate Reviews

Found 11 reviews

2.7
Charles E. Bailes III

"Great company in general. But, sadly, had to leave because of my particular stores."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Winter Haven, FL

I worked at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits part-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is local and down to earth. They take care of you. Easy to take days off. Do your job well and they make sure you know they value you.

Cons

If you're in a store with negative people, it's not going to get better. The 2 I worked at, it was constant backbiting. They want it gone but they want everyone to just work it out on their own. It was a struggle every shift to stay clear of the gossip and drama.

Advice to Management

Crack down a little more on troublemakers. You do a great job encouraging the good employees but you've lost quite a few good employees because you just give up the troublesome stores as a lost cause. Also don't allow certain store managers to think they're God just because the store does well. It's bad for employee morale.

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2018-05-08

August 15, 2018VP, Team Member Services

This is great feedback and we appreciate the honesty. We have great team members at ABC, but we certainly those who don’t model our core values of respect, inspire and empower. We will/are actively trying to invest in these team members with training and coaching, but sometimes that ...

2. "Sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Cullman, AL

I worked at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great customers! And great head management! I absolutely loved working for ABC.

Cons

There were a few shipping problems at the Cullman store but nothing we couldn't handle!

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2018-10-31

November 13, 2018CEO

Thanks for the nice words Charles Bailes - CEO

"screw me again"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Port Richey, FL

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits for more than 9 years

Pros

benefits are good.co-workers are very cooperative.nice people to work with.

Cons

new system just implimented.Give manager and assitant a nice increase and monthley bonus.Everyone else gets screwed again.You preach Teamwork and then split the staff with managers and wine consultant Reaping the Harvest and the Best Employees who have been the Backbone of Your Success get ST ON AGAIN.You CANNOT PAY BILLS WITH BONUS POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

If you expect all TEAM MEMBERS to contribute to increase in sales,DTYs,PROMOS,ETC.YOU neeed to compensate us also.MORE HOURLY PAY and a Piece of yhe BONUS.

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2016-09-12

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate and Shift Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits. You can move up into a shift manager position very quick.

Cons

Disorganized on a higher level demand a great deal and don't pay well for the work load. Unless you have a great team at your store, you can't find anyone to take your place at register to go to the bathroom. Who does that? Never the same hours or days off. Hard to plan anything. It is a family-runned business and they look out for family.

Advice to Management

You need at LEAST two weeks paid training before throwing people into a store where the customers expect the employees to know everything. The different liquors, wines and craft beers is an overwheming amount of information but customers do not understand this. They expect service. Don't be so detached from your employees and the reality of today's customers.

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2016-02-08

February 16, 2016Company Representative

Thank you for the feedback and review. We value your feedback as we continue to find ways to improve, especially in the training department. We are working to restructure the training process so employees are better equipped to handle guest questions. We understand that the amount ...

5. "Not what it used to be"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time

Pros

Good co-workers and lots to do.

Cons

They said they were raising starting salaries to "hire and keep better employees". Good idea but they failed to raise the ceiling a little for the "good, experienced, dedicated" employees who are the ones that keep the stores functioning. They got stiffed by management on this deal. Plus, instead of a $10 gift card for Xmas... we got a box of worthless trinkets to divvy up. Sad.... should have just done nothing. Outta...

Advice to Management

If you want loyal employees, start treating them like you actually care about them... at least a little. Upper management and ownership should stop being an example of "American Greed".

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2015-12-24
  6. "Great people"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people were great to work with. They have programs to move you up in the company and are always teaching something new within the beverage industry. Upper management was great.

Cons

The pay is not great at the entry level but like I said you can move up quickly.

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2015-10-08

"Alot of work for little pay."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Flexible scheduling is only the real pro there is woking at Abc.

Cons

You are required to do a lot of heavy lifting and physically strenuous work for very little pay

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2015-09-06

"Nope."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Ocala, FL

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than a year

Pros

good product knowledge, and classes thats about it.

Cons

Its like high school all over again. No discounts on anything. No breaks. You literally have to eat your food at the cash register. poor pay

Advice to Management

Good luck with that.

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2014-09-05

"have held numerous positions for more than 5 years"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hudson, FL

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

my recent store mgr.( for more than 5 years ) was FANTASTIC, extremely fair and complimentary when deserved. She was also a very hard worker who would do as much as she expected of others.( and it was close to home.)

Cons

THE cheapest company I have ever worked for. Not only is the pay minimal and the commissions a joke but the holiday bonus for hourly peeps is a $10 ABC gift card only to be used for ABC "direct to you " products. How else could they afford to fuel their private jets.

Advice to Management

A review of managers above the store level should include an evaluation of how they handle motivation of the little people. They need to talk to the grunts when they come into their assigned stores and not rely on fear and intimidation as their motivation.

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2014-04-03
  10. "Companies vision and mission not in concert with actions"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lady Lake, FL

I worked at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule and hours of operation.

Cons

Poor pay, inconsistent messages, no growth opportunity, poor communication, management is weak and out of touch with employees and customers

Advice to Management

Need to develop better training programs. Accept employee input. Share financial results with employee. Restructure pay and bonus programs to enhance employment experience. Hire mid-level and senior level management that reflects the companies mission and vision. Must continue to hire individuals that present a more professional appearance and customer service level. Need to focus on the customer and ensure they...

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2014-02-28