ABC Fine Wine and Spirits "family owned" Reviews | Glassdoor

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Employee Reviews about "family owned"

Found 140 reviews

4.0
Charles E. Bailes III
Pros
  • "Benefits are very good considering this is essentially a family owned business(in 8 reviews)

• "Full time employees do get pretty good benefits including a free life insurance policy(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Tons of turnover and relatively low pay for the amount of responsibility given(in 12 reviews)

• "Low pay, extremely physical, long hours, nights-weekends-holidays(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "family owned"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fun job"

Current Employee - Wine Specialist

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Fun environment Wine classes Sampling on the job Education on alcohol available Family owned

Cons

Miscommunication with corporate and store level

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2019-03-26

April 29, 2019VP, Team Member Services

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback. You are spot on that we need to improve our communication from our Store Support Center to our stores. We will continue to find ways to improve this and are open to any feedback!

"Caring workplace"

Current Employee - Team Member in New Smyrna, FL

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a family owned company, they have full benefits at great rates, everyone works to build everyone else up, career oriented, and recognizes that retail isn't for everyone

Cons

No cons during my employment

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2018-09-18

October 19, 2018Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback!

3. "Amazing Corporate Culture"

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

For a company that profits of detrimental vices, they truly care about it's employees healthcare. Benefits are very good considering this is essentially a family owned business. Positive atmosphere that strives for self improvement. Friendly welcoming enviroment

Cons

Interdepartmental communication is lacking and always has been. Technical operations planning could be better.

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2018-05-20

August 22, 2018CEO

Thanks for your comment. Improving communication is something we work on daily. In today's fast paced work environment, communication can always be better and I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas you may have to improve.

"Great Experience!"

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

This is a huge, family owned liquor chain that more often than not succeeds in making you feel like part of the family. They are constantly working to improve their business model and offer a massive amount of training on product knowledge and sales. This job has been the most fun I've ever had! Upper management is always available to listen to any questions or concerns you have. You will learn a lot about wine, spirits,...

Cons

It's 8 hours on your feet constantly and the stores are always staffed as minimally as possible. In a busy store this means little time for breaks and many times you feel like you can't keep up. The pay, while fair, doesn't always draw the best talent, leading to high turnover as many employees leave for better opportunities elsewhere. The bonus structure changes every few months, so as soon as you think you have it...

Advice to Management

Keep working to improve, in the last few years there have been some amazing changes for the good.

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2017-08-10
  5. "Manager On Duty (Full-Time)"

Former Employee - Manager On Duty in Vero Beach, FL

I worked at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great management, Family Owned Business

Cons

Slow Progression and low pay

Advice to Management

Consider paying longer term employees more to keep talent. Other than that, we appreciate that employees are treated well.

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2017-01-07

"Field Operations"

Current Employee - Field Operations in Orlando, FL

Pros

The company truly cares about the team members and wants to find ways to make the team members happy. The job itself is pretty easy. You interact with shoppers primarily and merchandise the store. The company has philosophy of service and engagement, so if you like to talk to people, this is a great job. Plus you get to sell booze, so most people are happy when they walk into the building. The company is very small,...

Cons

It is retail, so the pay is what it is, however, the company did just do a large pay conversation that bumped all the store team members wages to a minimum of $10/hour. This is pretty good for retail.

Advice to Management

My current boss is supportive and shares a ton of information. Plus, I know he has my back and his priority is making sure the stores and staffs are successful. Advice would be to keep evolving. The company is undergoing lots of change and it is exciting to be a part of and experience.

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2015-11-20

"Stable, family environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

The company is very stable and secure. Layoffs are rare. You can pretty much work as long as you want because management is not very demanding. Often you can be promoted to management role with little experience or education as long as you are a hard worker. Most leadership roles are promoted from within the company. Most leaders have long tenures and in-house experience. The company has been around Florida for 80...

Cons

Salaries are below average for the role. Sales incentives are confusing and convoluted. Most of the management leaders have no experience from outside the company so change is slow. Very often, the stores operate shorthanded which means no shortage of hours but also little help getting everything done.

Advice to Management

Pay better and have more help in stores. Listen to ideas from new employees for a fresh perspective.

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2015-08-15

"Good company to work for."

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits

Pros

If you are a forward thinker and put a lot of effort in to your job it will be rewarded. Most promotions come from within the company and very few from without. Family owned company that takes an interest in all aspects of the company.

Cons

Working on the store level can cause you to deal with some pretty rough company. Pay is not that great for some of the stuff you have to deal with.

Advice to Management

Ensure that you listen to people on the store level. Pay them well and don't take for granted the job that they do.

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2015-01-30