ABC Fine Wine and Spirits "flexible schedule" Reviews | Glassdoor

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Employee Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Found 140 reviews

4.0
Charles E. Bailes III
Pros
  • "Benefits are very good considering this is essentially a family owned business(in 8 reviews)

• "Full time employees do get pretty good benefits including a free life insurance policy(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Tons of turnover and relatively low pay for the amount of responsibility given(in 12 reviews)

• "Low pay, extremely physical, long hours, nights-weekends-holidays(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Return to all Reviews

"New culture loses family feel"

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Nice and friendly workers in support center No smoking facility 401k plan Vacation and PTO Flexible schedule Good work to life balance

Cons

New senior management attempting to change family business to cold corporation Limited employee parking Too much nepotism No advancement opportunities

Advice to Management

Go back to your roots

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2018-11-25

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Response

November 26, 2018CEO

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud to be a Florida Family Owned since 1936. We do our absolute best to keep our company culture one of a family, where all team members look out for and care for one another. We will continue to build a culture based on respect and empowerment. ...

2. "Celebration Specialist"

I worked at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits part-time

Pros

I loved the people I worked with. Flexible schedule

Cons

Training was pretty much up to you. A lot of work for the pay they offer. No real advancement.

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2017-11-13

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Response

February 18, 2019VP, Team Member Services

Good feedback! We need to improve our formal training plans, which we are and great things are coming! And in the new training plan will be opportunities for team members to increase their wage through the taking of more training classes. Thank you for you time at ABC!

3. "Great job!"

I worked at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits

Pros

Great benefits, flexible schedule, work is fun if you have an interest in craft beer, wine and spirits, good opportunity for training classes, great family to work for!

Cons

Each location has set amount of employees so if there is a sick call, it puts a lot of pressure on the rest of the team.

Advice to Management

Consistency and positive changes moving forward

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2017-06-18
  4. "wine / store consultant"

Current Employee - Wine Consultant in Mount Dora, FL

I have been working at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Close and convenient. Friendly staff. Full time. Flexible schedule. Goal oriented. Variety of people

Cons

Retail hours. Weekend and holiday. Need to be proactive in your training

Advice to Management

More communication. Positive motivation

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2016-03-26
  5. "Companies vision and mission not in concert with actions"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lady Lake, FL

I worked at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule and hours of operation.

Cons

Poor pay, inconsistent messages, no growth opportunity, poor communication, management is weak and out of touch with employees and customers

Advice to Management

Need to develop better training programs. Accept employee input. Share financial results with employee. Restructure pay and bonus programs to enhance employment experience. Hire mid-level and senior level management that reflects the companies mission and vision. Must continue to hire individuals that present a more professional appearance and customer service level. Need to focus on the customer and ensure they...

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2014-02-28

"Not a career job but a decent minimum wage"

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at ABC Fine Wine and Spirits full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Benefits Flexible schedule if good manager More than minimum wage pay + commissions Decent coworkers Bonuses

Cons

Very political A lot of finger pointing Poor Management Poor communication Advancement stops at a certain level with little pay increase Hours can be daunting Rude/disgusting customers

Advice to Management

Before promoting someone figure out if their qualified by your own standards ie communication and other classes, and whether they are suited for leadership roles not based on their length of time at the company. Seen good management skills passed over for the drinking buddy. If a stores having problems seriously investigate take a close look at management style. A lot of people won't step up to their faults and would...

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits2013-03-02