KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits

Is this your company?

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits

Add a Review

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Mar 2, 2020

Found 16 of over 253 reviews

3.2
ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Chairman and CEO Charles E. Bailes III (no image)
Charles E. Bailes III

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ABC Fine Wine and Spirits and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company

Mar 2, 2020 - Assistant Sales Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits, Product Knowledge, Fun environment

Cons

Pay should be a little higher to attract and retain valuable employees

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

A company that cares!

Apr 28, 2019 - Store Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits Great Senior Management Enjoyable Work environment Culture is really good I've work for ABC for almost 13 yrs and really have enjoyed my time there. The company is growing and continue to go in a positive direction.

Cons

None for me at all.

VP, Team Member Services

Thank you for the kind words! We are doing our best to give our Team Members a fulfilling and rewarding experience. Thank you for your 13 years of service and cheers to the future!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Company that Cares

Aug 28, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for ABC for about 3 years. These are the top pros that I have seen through my years here: They give back to the community They hold people accountable Good Benefits Fun industry that promotes learning and knowledge in wine and spirits Fun and inviting environment Plenty of avenues to move up in the company (They promote from within)

Cons

I Can’t think of any.

VP, Team Member Services

Thank you for the comments! We do the best we can to enrich the lives of our team members and give back as much as we can. Glad to hear we are succeeding!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Management Cares

Jul 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management Cares Nice environment Alcohol knowledge Good benefits, cheap monthly Pet insurance

Cons

No overtime Insurance comes out weekly Make the guest happy over policy, sometimes turns out bad Never enough product when you order it

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate any and all input and suggestions from our current, past and future team members here on Glassdoor, and at feedback@abcfws.com.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee

Aug 3, 2022 - Assistant Store Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are overall pretty good

Cons

Pay is a little low

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Pros

Had a wonderful, understanding team leader that I had known for over 12 years. Benefits were good. Time off was generous. Work environment was great. We truly worked as a team.

Cons

I really don’t have any notable cons outside of what might have already been mentioned in the reviews from others. I will mention that what got me let go after 12+ years didn’t warrant my termination. I felt that it was an unfair decision made by Human Resources. I disagreed with the outcome, but I did accept it. A demotion would have sufficed, but that option was not on the table.

VP, Team Member Services

Thank you for the kind words, thank you for your years of service and I am sorry for how your career ended at ABC. While I dont know the specifics due to the anonymous review, I can tell you that ABC is in a period of change as we attempt to adapt with the changing culture of the state of FL, and the changing culture of our nation. Our main goal is to become an Employer of Choice, one who loves and respects our team members. I hope we excelled at this while you worked with us, and if we didn’t, know what we are fighting the good fight to be that great company. Thank you again for your years of service and feedback.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Shift managers and employees are worked hard with poverty level pay

Feb 23, 2013 - Shift Manager in Tallahassee, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's an honest job where you work hard and in safe conditions. Much better than an equivalent minimum wage job at a fast food restaurant, for example. Full time employees do get pretty good benefits including a free life insurance policy.

Cons

Employees start at minimum wage, managers make 75 cents more. Full time at 40 hours a week equates to roughly a thousand dollars a month after taxes. Hard to live well on that kind of pay. Employees are expected to go above and beyond in pushing sales, with little reward.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Wine Consultant

Nov 20, 2015 - Wine Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with lots of upward mobility. Plenty of training and travel opportunities. Good benefits package.

Cons

Commission based pay structure needs some work. Currently being amended.

Company Representative

Thank you so much for the feedback! I have passed your feedback regarding rewarding upper store level employees to the appropriate department. Your feedback helps guide us as we look for ways to evolve and improve. Thank you for being part of the ABC team!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Corporate Culture

May 20, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

For a company that profits of detrimental vices, they truly care about it's employees healthcare. Benefits are very good considering this is essentially a family owned business. Positive atmosphere that strives for self improvement. Friendly welcoming enviroment

Cons

Interdepartmental communication is lacking and always has been. Technical operations planning could be better.

CEO

Thanks for your comment. Improving communication is something we work on daily. In today's fast paced work environment, communication can always be better and I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas you may have to improve.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company to work for

May 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

ABC has good benefits and cares about the health of their team members. If you are passionate about wine, beer, and spirits, this is the right place for you. The training for sales associates if fantastic, but if you are not interested in the products they sell, this becomes just a job.

Cons

Communication is the most significant opportunity for improvement at all levels of the organization. Lack of training for management. Not a lot of room for career growth

VP, Team Member Services

This is all very good, thank you very much for the kinds words and intelligent constructive feedback. Trust me when I tell you we are doing our best to improve communication, educate our teams and create career paths!

Viewing 1 - 16 of 16 English Reviews