KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits

Is this your company?

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits

Add a Review

ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Employee Reviews about "team members"

Updated Sep 14, 2019

Found 11 of over 253 reviews

3.1
ABC Fine Wine and Spirits Chairman and CEO Charles E. Bailes III (no image)
Charles E. Bailes III

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ABC Fine Wine and Spirits and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "team members"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Management

Dec 3, 2017 - Field Management in Cape Canaveral, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Above average benefits and opportunities for advancement. Integrity of leadership. Team members are supported and contributions are valued.

Cons

Working weekends. (It's retail!)

Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you are finding working at ABC a rewarding experience!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place To Work

Aug 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

ABC cares about their Team Membersbout their Team Membersbout their Team Members as well as the guest. They are family oriented and treat you as you are part of it. They offer great incentives and benefits and look for ways to improve the work environment for both Team Members and guest.

Cons

Need to have a better training system in place and find a way to improve the incentive program as well as expand it more.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Enoyable Working Environment- Opportunities for growth

Nov 4, 2018 - Assistant Store Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have to say, this is one of the most stress free positions I have had in all my career. I've learned so much about the retail environment in the 2 years I have been here. The owners are approachable, humble, upstanding individuals who I am grateful to have met on more than one occasion. Having over 100 stores in the state of Florida, I'm sure it is no easy task. The opportunity to learn whatever you choose about the wine and spirits business is available, at no cost, to you. The company inspires excellent customer service. I've met many individuals this way. This really is a people business, so you must be a people person to prosper. If you are the type of individual that lacks initiative, not conscientious, do not take pride in what you do, then this environment may not be for you. Each store runs like it's own little company, that can be good or bad dependent upon the managers and team members. The benefits are great, the company pays a significant portion of.

Cons

Everyone always desires to make more money. I believe the company recognizes this. Over time they are working on improving this area.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

I agree that we need to greet guests at the counter differently. Hopefully guests are greeted as they enter a store or are approached while they are shopping the floor. At checkout, we suggest you ask "did you find everything you were looking for?" this may cause a guest to remember that they need something else, which we can run and get for them. Then, of course, we should always thank guests for shopping with us and offer to carry out their package if appropriate. Nothing worse than a bland"do you have an ABC card?". Charles Bailes, CEO

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Unique Culture

Nov 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family-oriented atmosphere and culture. ABC genuinely cares about its team members and celebration specialists. Open door policy. ABC welcomes any issues and feedback through an open door policy; no one is unapproachable. Culture driven by charismatic leadership: ABC has a top-notch CEO who's personality and caring nature drives the culture of the organization. Although performance is paramount, the ability to fit into the family is just as important. Room for growth and development: Leadership within ABC support the professional and personal developmental opportunities of team members.

Cons

Parking is limited at the warehouse and headquarters buildings.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for your comments. While it is true that we compete in a very competitive retail environment, what is most important at the end of the day is how we treat one another. We will always accomplish mere (and have more fun) if we work as a team, respect one another's opinions, and treat others as we wish to be treated. Charles Bailes, CEO

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Inspiring, uplifting culture

Oct 18, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Genuine, caring managenent always seeking feedback from team members Feeling like part of a large team that does good for the communities it serves Benefits rock! Discounts really are great Promotional opportunities throughout company

Cons

Working hard is the norm; everyone pitches in wherever needed. Job responsibilities blur at times so must deal well with ambiguity

VP, Team Member Services

Thank you for the feedback and kind words! We are lucky to have great team members!

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company to work for

May 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

ABC has good benefits and cares about the health of their team members. If you are passionate about wine, beer, and spirits, this is the right place for you. The training for sales associates if fantastic, but if you are not interested in the products they sell, this becomes just a job.

Cons

Communication is the most significant opportunity for improvement at all levels of the organization. Lack of training for management. Not a lot of room for career growth

VP, Team Member Services

This is all very good, thank you very much for the kinds words and intelligent constructive feedback. Trust me when I tell you we are doing our best to improve communication, educate our teams and create career paths!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Field Operations

Nov 20, 2015 - Field Operations in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company truly cares about the team members and wants to find ways to make the team members happympany truly cares about the team members and wants to find ways to make the team members happympany truly cares about the team members and wants to find ways to make the team members happy. The job itself is pretty easy. You interact with shoppers primarily and merchandise the store. The company has philosophy of service and engagement, so if you like to talk to people, this is a great job. Plus you get to sell booze, so most people are happy when they walk into the building. The company is very small, it is family owned and privately held. The corporate office is like 60 people, that includes IT, HR, Accounting, etc. I like this as it is easy to get to know everyone.

Cons

It is retail, so the pay is what it is, however, the company did just do a large pay conversation that bumped all the store team members wages to a minimum of $10/hour. This is pretty good for retail.

1 person found this review helpful