ABC Imaging Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.9
Medi Falsafi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I worked with good people in IT department (in 7 reviews)

• good work-life balance, great co workers and good location (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management trying to impose there will (in 19 reviews)

• The work/life balance does NOT exist (in 7 reviews)

"Be careful"

Former Employee - Production Manager
    Former Employee - Production Manager

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Only things I can think of was just the people I worked with in the shop and being able to meet a bunch of different people in all sort of fields of work. It was stable work enviroment.

Cons

No loyalty with employees, very cut throat, hard to deal with upper management, to many upper management trying to impose there will. Hard to get a raise. In my tenure there I only got 3 raises I was employed over 10 years. Benefits are outrageous. Company doesn't listen to there employees or clients needs most of the time. They try and manage by bullying you sorta.

Advice to Management

Show your long-term employees loyalty and figure out which direction the company is moving and stick with the plan. Needs to be better communication between upper management and employees.

2. "Be more competitive"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Base salary and commission structure

Cons

Outside sales people are treated like hourly employees and have to physically clock in and out of the local store.
    Not competitive at all on pricing and they don't care.

Advice to Management

Be more competitive and let your sales people be more autonomous in order to be more successful

"If you're looking for instability and insecurity, please apply and accept the offer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time

Pros

The people are typically great. They are nice and friendly. I've made great friends.

Cons

Low pay, terrible benefit. The higher management are two-faced. When you first met them for interviews, they will be very nice to lure you in. Once you're in, they treat you like you don't exist. Yet, the micro-management level is off the chart. People leave and get fire left and right. If you want to feel stressed and scared most of them time. Then this this the job for you. CEO doesn't care for the employees at all. He just cares of money and money only. I felt sad for anyone that went into the interview room at ABC Imaging. When they promised a raise within 3months, get it on writing. Please know if you don't negotiate at the beginning, DO NOT count on getting a raise!

Advice to Management

I don't think anything would work if higher management doesn't change, esp. the CEO. Stop hiring C*O level people and then fire lower level employees and/ or cut hourly people's hours. This makes no sense.

"Not a good experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carlstadt, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carlstadt, NJ

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well apart from mw feeling like i was in a adult nursury the few youmg ones where ok

Cons

The arrogance of management is unbearable I worked in the new jersey branch and there was no proper ventilation so you inhale all the fumes from.the machine. There is no management the last manager resigned on short notice after firing and laying off people. The owner is like a spoilt kid with a candy in his mouth and cares zero about his workers. I was told i had to work 12 hours and their is no overtime pay because you are already salaried. There is no room for advancement ive met people in the same position as old as i am.

Advice to Management

No advice because they already know what needs to be done but they are all puppets on the owner....

"CAUTION! Dead end road ahead!!"

Former Employee - Production Manager in Carlstadt, NJ
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Carlstadt, NJ

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great experience working along side a few great ppl, personality and professional wise, in a large format print production facility. Opportunity to learn different facets and processes ranging from small to large format printing and digital media, to fabrication and manufacturing from start to finish.

Cons

I have to agree with a lot of the negativity surrounding this company and its poor reviews and rating. Within the first 2 weeks of my employment, close to 18 employees had gotten laid off and shortly after some ppl who were with the company for over 15 years, even 20+ were submitting their resignation papers, and a little before my first what was supposed to be employee review after 90 days, my hiring manager leaves the company on short notice. I was told that salary personnel are subject to raises often and bonuses, but THIS IS JUST NOT TRUE AT ALL!

The CEO did away with all overtime for hourly employees, and as a manager you are expected to put in minimum 12hr shifts and make sure you are available to work weekends at all times. The work/life balance does NOT exist. They demand you put the company first, your personal life will suffer drastically as you will come to find out you will not have one.

Unfortunately for me, I could not perform within my role in which I was originally hired to do as Project Manager. I had to be available and fill every void they had left because most of the staff either quit or got laid off. There isn’t anybody left to do the work and despite knowing they are short staffed, they refuse to hire replacements and if at all they will hire cheap and under-qualified. They expect the managers to now work even harder, longer hours in light of this problem with no end in sight.

Advice to Management

Take a seminar on how to create a profitable, successful company where you value the hard work and dedication your employees have or what’s left of them and stop looking for ways to cut corners and cut cost by letting go of talented, experienced professionals.
    Seriously the environment is dreadful and the lack of employee morale is unlike anything I’ve ever seen its no wonder why this company and its CEO has one of the worst ratings I have ever seen in this industry.

"Assistant Shop Manager"

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time

Pros

Benefits, bonuses when sales goals are reached, opportunity to move positions within company

Cons

Passive aggressive management style, unorganized, serious lack of communication

Advice to Management

Be more open and direct. When the CEO visits, he should introduce himself and not make employees feel like they don't matter or exist.

7. "Major Account Sales"

Pros

Has ability to be great

Cons

Complete disconnect between HQ and branches. Poor strategy communication. Operations personnel always in fear they will lose their job. Sales team focus constantly changes due to whims of owner. No clear strategy, no organization between HQ and branches, no clear way to interconnect the various divisions, etc.
    Just decided without warning to cut all sales reps commissions. Sales reps are thought of as worker bees who do nothing.

Advice to Management

communicate

"ABC is a horrible company"

Pros

Great services but they are cancelled out by poor leadership and management

Cons

The CEO is not fit to manage that company. Besides him cussing out employees and having a temper tantrum like a toddler on the daily, upper management has no idea how to structure their departments or treat their employees. Keep looking for better job never settle for ABC Imaging.

Advice to Management

HR should do more to raise employee morale and empower management and departments with their own budgets, goals, and do what ever they can to keep the craziness of that CEO from interfering with the staffs ability to do their jobs.

"DonT accept"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay for starting. But not worth the load of work you do.!

Cons

Jealous employees especially the woman at the front desk- Insecure!!
    Manager only listens to those that have been there for long and those that are from his country...Eastern AFRICA

10. "Graphic designer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

2 plus years, had to work really hard first 2 years. But got paid more than most companies.

Cons

Would have liked to do more design work and less production, but once they figured out I was better than other designers, they hired a production person under me

Advice to Management

They are learning to separate design and production.