ABC Imaging Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 24, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Medi Falsafi

Pros
  • I worked with good people in IT department (in 7 reviews)

• I enjoy working with people from all over the world and I always learn a lot from those around me (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • What other company has upper management post FAKE reviews (in 17 reviews)

• Low pay, people doing same job as you on higher wages even tho you worked here longer on (in 7 reviews)

"Know what you are getting into"

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My customers were great and had some really good team members.

Cons

In no particular order: 1. Salary was low 2. Ridiculous levels of Micro-management 3. No opportunity for growth 4. Upper management was unacceptable (Experienced them yelling at, threatening, lying to employees) 5. The CEO is not fit to be in a position of power 6. No respect for the employees 7. Customer billing was a mess 8. HR was virtually non-existent because they were afraid to lose their job 9. It was a struggle to ever get reimbursed for travel expenses 10. Nepotism

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees; they are the only reason your customers still exist.

"Horrible experience Avoid"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Washington, DC

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None- 0 stars
    I have to give a 20 word min sucks because I have nothing Pros to say!

Cons

Jealous insecure female..
    Favoritism by Supervisor
    The boss is never there he listens to whatever the supervisor says without hearing employees part. He will just Fire period! Very mean!
    Have the patience to look for another job..
    They don't appreciate anyone not even their clients

Advice to Management

If u are going to take advantage of the Atwil agreement and fire employees within 30 days of employment at least train them, give them a performance appraisal then fire them. Not give bad excuses to make yourselves look better.

"Anonymous"

Former Employee - Withheld in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Withheld in Washington, DC

I worked at ABC Imaging (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paycheck but under market value. Good folks to work with.

Cons

Management has no respect for the employees, little or no training. Benifits are deplorable cheaper to get your own. No advancement opportunities or pay increase in 6 years. 50 hour work week expected for salary managers no comp time. Run dont walk away from here!

Advice to Management

Change everything show the same respect to employees that you show clients.

"Stay away from ABC Imaging"

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time

Pros

Currently there are know Pros to speak of at this time for ABC Imaging. However there are a hand full of good people still there that should get out.

Cons

The company has a very checkered past and present. If you value your family, friends & Ethics do not for any reason work for this company, it is career ending company.

"FM Manager"

Former Employee - FM Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - FM Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

It's a job that keeps you realizing that you should joined the military or gone to college.

Cons

This place is dishonest. Do not waste your time working for this place. They will use you and take advantage of you. What other company has upper management post FAKE reviews? ABC Imaging does. You would have better luck and opportunity working at FedEx Kinkos.

Advice to Management

Get real. The word is out that you are corrupt and are slave drivers who manipulate people.

"Unprofessional & the Worst Place to work EVER - Turnover states all"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is one Pro - someone has a job, but not for long. Please take my word for it or contact ANY former/current employee. Look at the amount of court cases, turnover rate and read the reviews - do your own research. If you work here, please do everyone a favor and post your experience.

Cons

As an educated man, I can not even begin to describe the lunacy of this company. You will be managed by fear, torn down daily and every other aspect of your life will be effected. Again, do your own research and I implore you, do not make the same mistake as many others have including myself. LOOK AT CURRENT TURNOVER RATE! The positive reviews...fabricated. I can prove this; hence, stating this. While I could compose a book, the truth is the truth.
    Think about it...when you never have to worry about money and your family has been already set for generations, what is your driving force? Its power and authority. The feeling you hold someone's future in your hands. As a well educated and experienced manager, please trust me when I say this company is about power over people. Job security does not exist. I will continue to compose more information on this company only for the good of people. I do not care about this company, but I do care about people who may make the same mistake - its not worth working here no matter how bad your life is - you will find something else. Also, I care about the people who are pigeon -holed by having a way higher salary than their skill level. They have adapted their lifestyle and the company takes advantage of it. Ask any Store manager what is their average work week is.

Advice to Management

If you continue to use people, treat them horribly, work them to the brink and then threaten their job...it will catch up. When you have to instruct people to create false reviews because no positive reviews of your company exist, except for very well taken care of clients - there is a problem. Your micro managing style is unmatched and just because you work 70 hours a week does not mean you are good at your job.

8. "Seattle shop has gone way down & is a sinking ship."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent hours. They don't want to pay OT so life work balance is good.
    Location is good. Lots of places good to eat if your ok seeing a lot of homeless people on the sidewalks.

Cons

I could write a book. The cons are long. 1) All the good people were fired or left. The people making decisions don't know what it takes to run a print shop and business keeps slowing down as clients are jumping ship even faster than employees.2). Certain people are allowed to work from home and that does not seem fair and is not well monitored. People promoted take credit for other's accomplishments and do not know how to complete a job from beginning to end. Not sure how people got their titles ,,, maybe flirting. 3) ABC allows certain individuals to vape. Vaping is unprofessional in the work place. Why is this allowed? also, I have heard abc employees telling clients to go to the printer down the street. They literally tells people that they thinks have too small of jobs to go somewhere else. With that type of attitude we are losing business because word of mouth is big in pioneer sq and I have heard restaurants talk about how abc "used to be" and how we are now and the used to be is much better but since new mgmt started, thinks have gone down fast. 4) The equipment is so old and outdated. 5) The computers are slow and outdated. 6) No personal printing unless you come in on the wknds so they dont know. 7) No 401 matching 8) Benefits are expensive and not very good. 9) Owner never asks how anything is REALLY going. He blindly trusts that mgmt knows what they are doing when they really does not and is ruining the Seattle abc. 10) Lastly, it has been a common event that a dog is brought into the office and is allowed to sit on the desks. The dog is dirty and customers look at us like we are running a very unprofessional business.

Advice to Management

There is a big disconnect from headquarters. I would advise the ceo to look at the numbers and see how even by raising prices to hide the losing of customers abc still is not doing well and he needs to rethink the leadership in Seattle because the word is getting out that abc no longer wants small jobs. We should not turn any work down.
    Noone should not be allowed to "work" from home. Even though that is the only time we can let loose and enjoy each other socially it still seems bad.
    Don't ask employees to write favorable reviews unless they are authentic. I was approached to write a glowing review but had to keep it 100 and tell what it is really like at abc imaging.
    Give reviews and raises. Acknowledge and get to know the workers.

"Manager"

Pros

I am impressed with the quality and commitment of my co-workers

Cons

Senior management can be irrational or arbitrary with little consideration of the bigger picture

Advice to Management

Limit the amount of micro-managing; trust middle managers

"An American"

Pros

The only pro about this company is the paycheck. Although the amount continues to decrease as the years go by. No raises at all, unless you're part of the "insiders club" of the company.

Cons

Nepotism to the Nth power. Husbands and wives work in the same department. Cousins work on the same team. It's ridiculous. The CEO undermines his entire upper management staff, who are all spineless. The hardworking employees are few and far between and are made to pick up the slack for incompetent individuals who can barely communicate. Employees, who are not family or beholden to the CEO, are treated like cattle. Intelligent Americans with CPA's, MBA's or BA's are spoken to as if ignorant. It's a 3rd world corporation, where being an American is a strike against you and the CEO/dictator is on a 24/7 power trip.

Advice to Management

Management makes no decisions in this company. So my advice would be to the CEO...Stop running your company like a 3rd world country. This is America, not the Middle East.

"Run Run Run"

I have been working at ABC Imaging (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a job and a paycheck.

Cons

They are very reactive and not proactive. Pay, Management, HR, No Growth,

Advice to Management

No advice for them because they wont listen and don't care.