ABC Imaging Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 9, 2017

1.0
Medi Falsafi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I worked with good people in IT department (in 7 reviews)

• I enjoy working with people from all over the world and I always learn a lot from those around me (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • What other company has upper management post FAKE reviews (in 18 reviews)

• The work/life balance does NOT exist (in 7 reviews)

"If you're looking for instability and insecurity, please apply and accept the offer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time

Pros

The people are typically great. They are nice and friendly. I've made great friends.

Cons

Low pay, terrible benefit. The higher management are two-faced. When you first met them for interviews, they will be very nice to lure you in. Once you're in, they treat you like you don't exist. Yet, the micro-management level is off the chart. People leave and get fire left and right. If you want to feel stressed and scared most of them time. Then this this the job for you. CEO doesn't care for the employees at all. He just cares of money and money only. I felt sad for anyone that went into the interview room at ABC Imaging. When they promised a raise within 3months, get it on writing. Please know if you don't negotiate at the beginning, DO NOT count on getting a raise!

Advice to Management

I don't think anything would work if higher management doesn't change, esp. the CEO. Stop hiring C*O level people and then fire lower level employees and/ or cut hourly people's hours. This makes no sense.

"Not a good experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carlstadt, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carlstadt, NJ

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well apart from mw feeling like i was in a adult nursury the few youmg ones where ok

Cons

The arrogance of management is unbearable I worked in the new jersey branch and there was no proper ventilation so you inhale all the fumes from.the machine. There is no management the last manager resigned on short notice after firing and laying off people. The owner is like a spoilt kid with a candy in his mouth and cares zero about his workers. I was told i had to work 12 hours and their is no overtime pay because you are already salaried. There is no room for advancement ive met people in the same position as old as i am.

Advice to Management

No advice because they already know what needs to be done but they are all puppets on the owner....

"CAUTION! Dead end road ahead!!"

Former Employee - Production Manager in Carlstadt, NJ
    Former Employee - Production Manager in Carlstadt, NJ

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great experience working along side a few great ppl, personality and professional wise, in a large format print production facility. Opportunity to learn different facets and processes ranging from small to large format printing and digital media, to fabrication and manufacturing from start to finish.

Cons

I have to agree with a lot of the negativity surrounding this company and its poor reviews and rating. Within the first 2 weeks of my employment, close to 18 employees had gotten laid off and shortly after some ppl who were with the company for over 15 years, even 20+ were submitting their resignation papers, and a little before my first what was supposed to be employee review after 90 days, my hiring manager leaves the company on short notice. I was told that salary personnel are subject to raises often and bonuses, but THIS IS JUST NOT TRUE AT ALL!

The CEO did away with all overtime for hourly employees, and as a manager you are expected to put in minimum 12hr shifts and make sure you are available to work weekends at all times. The work/life balance does NOT exist. They demand you put the company first, your personal life will suffer drastically as you will come to find out you will not have one.

Unfortunately for me, I could not perform within my role in which I was originally hired to do as Project Manager. I had to be available and fill every void they had left because most of the staff either quit or got laid off. There isn’t anybody left to do the work and despite knowing they are short staffed, they refuse to hire replacements and if at all they will hire cheap and under-qualified. They expect the managers to now work even harder, longer hours in light of this problem with no end in sight.

Advice to Management

Take a seminar on how to create a profitable, successful company where you value the hard work and dedication your employees have or what’s left of them and stop looking for ways to cut corners and cut cost by letting go of talented, experienced professionals.
    Seriously the environment is dreadful and the lack of employee morale is unlike anything I’ve ever seen its no wonder why this company and its CEO has one of the worst ratings I have ever seen in this industry.

"ABC is a horrible company"

Pros

Great services but they are cancelled out by poor leadership and management

Cons

The CEO is not fit to manage that company. Besides him cussing out employees and having a temper tantrum like a toddler on the daily, upper management has no idea how to structure their departments or treat their employees. Keep looking for better job never settle for ABC Imaging.

Advice to Management

HR should do more to raise employee morale and empower management and departments with their own budgets, goals, and do what ever they can to keep the craziness of that CEO from interfering with the staffs ability to do their jobs.

"DonT accept"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay for starting. But not worth the load of work you do.!

Cons

Jealous employees especially the woman at the front desk- Insecure!!
    Manager only listens to those that have been there for long and those that are from his country...Eastern AFRICA

"Bait and Switch"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Once in a while they brought in donuts for us.

Cons

I was hired as a graphic designer, but they charged an exorbitant rate for design services, so I never got any clients. They had me making copies instead, without any training, and put me on probation when I wasn't good at it.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your job descriptions.

"Know what you are getting into"

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My customers were great and had some really good team members.

Cons

In no particular order: 1. Salary was low 2. Ridiculous levels of Micro-management 3. No opportunity for growth 4. Upper management was unacceptable (Experienced them yelling at, threatening, lying to employees) 5. The CEO is not fit to be in a position of power 6. No respect for the employees 7. Customer billing was a mess 8. HR was virtually non-existent because they were afraid to lose their job 9. It was a struggle to ever get reimbursed for travel expenses 10. Nepotism

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees; they are the only reason your customers still exist.

"Anonymous"

Former Employee - Withheld in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Withheld in Washington, DC

I worked at ABC Imaging (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paycheck but under market value. Good folks to work with.

Cons

Management has no respect for the employees, little or no training. Benifits are deplorable cheaper to get your own. No advancement opportunities or pay increase in 6 years. 50 hour work week expected for salary managers no comp time. Run dont walk away from here!

Advice to Management

Change everything show the same respect to employees that you show clients.

"Stay away from ABC Imaging"

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time

Pros

Currently there are know Pros to speak of at this time for ABC Imaging. However there are a hand full of good people still there that should get out.

Cons

The company has a very checkered past and present. If you value your family, friends & Ethics do not for any reason work for this company, it is career ending company.

"FM Manager"

Former Employee - FM Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - FM Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

It's a job that keeps you realizing that you should joined the military or gone to college.

Cons

This place is dishonest. Do not waste your time working for this place. They will use you and take advantage of you. What other company has upper management post FAKE reviews? ABC Imaging does. You would have better luck and opportunity working at FedEx Kinkos.

Advice to Management

Get real. The word is out that you are corrupt and are slave drivers who manipulate people.