ABC Imaging Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 28, 2016

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Medi Falsafi

Pros
  • I worked with good people in IT department (in 7 reviews)

• I enjoy working with people from all over the world and I always learn a lot from those around me (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • What other company has upper management post FAKE reviews (in 16 reviews)

• Low pay, people doing same job as you on higher wages even tho you worked here longer on (in 7 reviews)

1. "Good entry level start"

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff is fun to work with. They do occasionally appreciate any hard work that you contribute to.

Cons

- lower than expected pay for some positions based on experience.
    - benefits are really expensive

2. "Great Printing Experience"

Current Employee - Graphic Manager/Production Specialist in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Graphic Manager/Production Specialist in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learned Digital printing, Large Format and Grand Format Design and Layout.

Cons

Project based, So often stay late or even work weekends to finish the project.

Advice to Management

Don't say yes to every project.

3. "Mid management"

Current Employee - Production
    Current Employee - Production

Pros

Fast paced, industry leading, constant growth, if you work in a ship that doesn't make mistakes you are left alone from upper management.

Cons

Pay raise takes forever, insurance is bad, upper management has to many chiefs not enough indians.

Advice to Management

Let regional management make more decisions, find local vendors.

"Great people to work with"

Current Employee - Headquarters in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Headquarters in Alexandria, VA

Pros

This is a very fast paced environment with a lot of things going on at all times. My coworkers work very hard and have very high standards. Of course that can lead to some heat sometimes, but there is a lot of passion. I enjoy working with people from all over the world and I always learn a lot from those around me. This is not boring! There are some fun things like happy hour, lunches etc.

Cons

We do put in long hours sometimes. Commitment to the client needs can lead to extended days.

"Digital Graphics Specialist"

Current Employee - Digital Graphics Specialist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Digital Graphics Specialist in Washington, DC

Pros

Extremely friendly group of people. Those who are not very friendly are few-and-far-between, but those who are genuinely nice and respectful are a mass majority. Definitely a great environment.

Cons

The parking in the area is a minimum of $10 for an early bird special (In before 7 or 9 usually), and the parking pass for the company costs $189/mo. So needless to say, you can expect to pay a pretty penny if you plan on driving here. And the traffic is horrendous.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and ensure that the working environment stays an enjoyable one. The workload here is too heavy to be also accompanied by a stressful work place. Keep your employee's in a positive atmosphere, and they will keep pushing strong for you. A little praise from time-to-time can go a long way.

"Great place to start"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Washington, DC

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Started my IT career here. It was a great learning environment and I am happy the gave me a chance right out of school.

Cons

Having to hear the owner yell all the time, no room for advancement, no work life balance

"Good place to wrok"

Pros

fun people, lots of nice things to do, bright open area. not the best but not so bad

Cons

long hours and minimum social life time. lots of weekend work. pay could be higher

Advice to Management

increase money

9. "Big company but management takes the time to know you"

Former Employee - Multiple In Various Cities
    Former Employee - Multiple In Various Cities

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management takes the time to know you. They learn your strengths and are willing to discuss better utilization of your skills. They look out for your potential. Make it very easy to network and interact with all levels of employees around the world, helping solve problems efficiently. Opportunities to take on different roles are endless and very attainable.

Some employees complain about management sending them parts and instructions instead of calling in a technician and say things like "this isn't my job" but I loved this practice, I got to learn a lot and worked with some extremely skilled people in the industry from all around the world, they took the time to know which employee had specific talents and put you in touch with them and you others.

Brainstorming ideas on how to do a job that has never been done before with peers everywhere was a huge benefit and I think their strongest asset is the individual talent and skill sharing, streamline this with current technology and hands down this would be the best place to learn any part of the industry.

Cons

Not flexible with home life. Pay is generally on the low side of industry. Promotions and raises are on a slower pace than industry standards (not the same as opportunities, they are very willing to give you a chance to learn and change positions, just not with a promotion).

ABC is a quantity over quality business model, anything to get the job done on time so you find yourself not using the right tools for the job.

Unwilling to keep up with the changing technology and future of print industry, so don't expect to be in any part of cutting edge industry changes. There's nothing wrong with it, and I'm sure from their business standpoint it makes the most sense. It's the same idea as running a car over 300k miles until you absolutely have to replace it, and then going out and buying the same car used with 250k miles on it.

Advice to Management

Keep your eyes on the talent you have and further utilize and integrate skills from around the globe, don's start with a forum now, jump ahead and use a private social network collaboration & community platform to connect all the incredible talent you have.

As the world of Print declines embrace the new changes and get better software developers that can keep up with the market. Create ways for clients to use their stored data easier, on a cloud, make it accessible on the tools they use like phones and tablets, they will order more the better you show them their product.

Be more realistic with work/home life of your employees. Not everyone can work late nights all the time, life changes may change someones flexibility for a time. Expecting employees to give you extra time and when the time comes when they need a period of flexibility is denied flatly is unfair.

10. "Great"

Current Employee - FM Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - FM Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Pay,PTO,No overtime,Competant staff, Fm Site no micro managing

Cons

Slow on raises, Raises non existent

Advice to Management

The economy is not hurting ABC Imaging. We open at new loactions acroos the United States and abroad. I am growing tired if companies using the Hey IN This Economy You Should Feel Lucky to Have A Job. No the company shouls feel licky to have me as a employee.

11. "Good"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at ABC Imaging as a contractor

Pros

good work-life balance, great co workers and good location

Cons

no growth, low pay and repetitive work