ABC Imaging Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Medi Falsafi

Pros
  • I worked with good people in IT department (in 7 reviews)

• I enjoy working with people from all over the world and I always learn a lot from those around me (in 4 reviews)

Cons

"Slightly volatile environment due to upper management's temperaments, but great middle management & reliable co-workers."

Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

progressive, creative thinking encouraged; supportive team members and good social atmosphere; hard work gets recognized; there's always something new to learn about or get involved with/ always interesting

Cons

upper management is extremely passionate and inspiring, but tends to micro-manage other people's direct reports which leads to miscommunications

Advice to Management

Hire a management team you can trust, rely on, and that's as forward thinking and passionate as you, then sit back a little to let them bring their offerings to the table. You must be able to trust their talents to lead your entire team. If you do, they will exceed your expectations... mutual respect.

"great company to start your career with"

Current Employee - Graphic Design Intern in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Graphic Design Intern in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Pros

great team and try organized

Cons

dealing with turnover times for client's project

"Employment"

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time

Pros

Growth, Visionary, International, Privately Held

Cons

None that I have seen

4. "Definitely looking forward to working with you..."

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time

Pros

Don't have any as yet but feeling positive. Went for a interview recently and it went very well environment seem friendly and professional

Cons

Don't have any as yet but feeling positive. Don't have any cons every company have different ways to do business I see bad reviews but people who gave those reviews worked there for years so it make me wonder......if it that bad then why stay that long.

5. "amazing"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

Pros

good salary, nice workplace. over all good

Cons

work life balance is not there

Advice to Management

have to improve work life balance

6. "Stimulating and Rewarding"

Current Employee - Account Management
    Current Employee - Account Management

Pros

We service world renowned architects and engineers...its exciting to be a part of their world and to support their efforts. Amazing to watch a building, go from design to built through the drawing process.

Medi was an architect as well, and he brings that sensitivity to the company.

Global opportunities.

Cons

We are deadline oriented (as are our clients)...this,at times, can be stressful...but also, in the end rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower at the local level and support the entrepreneurial spirit

"Amazing place to work"

I have been working at ABC Imaging part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with, great facilities

Cons

Not many things to say. Enjoyed everyday working

"Overll"

Current Employee - IT Professional
    Current Employee - IT Professional

Pros

Amazing working envinronment, great teams

Cons

low benefits, hard to commute

Advice to Management

increase benefits which help employees sustain their health

9. "Great"

Current Employee - FM Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - FM Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Pay,PTO,No overtime,Competant staff, Fm Site no micro managing

Cons

Slow on raises, Raises non existent

Advice to Management

The economy is not hurting ABC Imaging. We open at new loactions acroos the United States and abroad. I am growing tired if companies using the Hey IN This Economy You Should Feel Lucky to Have A Job. No the company shouls feel licky to have me as a employee.

10. "Big company but management takes the time to know you"

Former Employee - Multiple In Various Cities
    Former Employee - Multiple In Various Cities

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management takes the time to know you. They learn your strengths and are willing to discuss better utilization of your skills. They look out for your potential. Make it very easy to network and interact with all levels of employees around the world, helping solve problems efficiently. Opportunities to take on different roles are endless and very attainable.

Some employees complain about management sending them parts and instructions instead of calling in a technician and say things like "this isn't my job" but I loved this practice, I got to learn a lot and worked with some extremely skilled people in the industry from all around the world, they took the time to know which employee had specific talents and put you in touch with them and you others.

Brainstorming ideas on how to do a job that has never been done before with peers everywhere was a huge benefit and I think their strongest asset is the individual talent and skill sharing, streamline this with current technology and hands down this would be the best place to learn any part of the industry.

Cons

Not flexible with home life. Pay is generally on the low side of industry. Promotions and raises are on a slower pace than industry standards (not the same as opportunities, they are very willing to give you a chance to learn and change positions, just not with a promotion).

ABC is a quantity over quality business model, anything to get the job done on time so you find yourself not using the right tools for the job.

Unwilling to keep up with the changing technology and future of print industry, so don't expect to be in any part of cutting edge industry changes. There's nothing wrong with it, and I'm sure from their business standpoint it makes the most sense. It's the same idea as running a car over 300k miles until you absolutely have to replace it, and then going out and buying the same car used with 250k miles on it.

Advice to Management

Keep your eyes on the talent you have and further utilize and integrate skills from around the globe, don's start with a forum now, jump ahead and use a private social network collaboration & community platform to connect all the incredible talent you have.

As the world of Print declines embrace the new changes and get better software developers that can keep up with the market. Create ways for clients to use their stored data easier, on a cloud, make it accessible on the tools they use like phones and tablets, they will order more the better you show them their product.

Be more realistic with work/home life of your employees. Not everyone can work late nights all the time, life changes may change someones flexibility for a time. Expecting employees to give you extra time and when the time comes when they need a period of flexibility is denied flatly is unfair.