ABC Imaging Reviews | Glassdoor

ABC Imaging Reviews

Updated July 6, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I worked with good people in IT department (in 7 reviews)

• I enjoy working with people from all over the world and I always learn a lot from those around me (in 4 reviews)

"Production operator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Good management; always fair and reasonable.

Cons

Low Pay; no pay increases

Advice to Management

Needs improvement get it right like the resr of your company.

"AWFUL."

I worked at ABC Imaging (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some good people that you'll maybe get to work with. But the majority of them end of leaving

Cons

Always google a company before you accept a job offer!! These reviews aren't a joke.
    This place will expect so much out of you and have no incentives in return. Holidays, Pay, PTO, and your work schedule will not matter to them.

CEO is the absolute worst. And you will probably come into contact with him at some point or another. He hires some of his family members to come in and spy on workers. The Vice Presidents of the company are all under his wing and do whatever he says.
    They also don't hire quality people. ABC Imaging judges so hard on who they want to bring on board but they don't have the right to be that picky if you ask me.

I'm not sure how this place still seems to get business, but I doubt it will be for much longer.

Stay AWAY!

Advice to Management

Get a new management team.

"Interesting Experience"

Pros

It was a paycheck. No one ever hit me.

Cons

Read the other posts already out there

"Most insulting and rude CEO I have ever seen"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Even in bad situations there are always some nice people and ABC is no exception.
    They are however, in general, constantly abused by the constant tirades and stunningly rude treatment by the CEO.

Cons

An entire company run by a CEO who is as arrogant as Donald Trump but without the brains, sense of humor, or talent.

The Napoleon complex is of epic proportions as are the episodes of insulting personal abuse.

The worst person I have ever come across in business or any other arena.

Advice to Management

Beyond repair.

"High Stress Low payoff, don't expect rewards"

Current Employee - FM Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - FM Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The coworkers are generally great. It's good industry experience. and if you get lucky with your placement the clients are wonderful

Cons

upper and middle management are oblivious, and unfit to lead. they are about 50% of where the stress comes from. you are often underequipped and undertrained and expected to handle situations beyond your scope. very little chance of raises or bonuses, and if you manage to get a raise you'd be luck to get 5%

Advice to Management

offer slightly better salaries and overtime, you'd be amazed how much better the workers are when they feel appreciated.

"Hell on Earth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some amazingly nice people who work here and are very, very helpful. A few guys in IT, some of the women in customer service positions, a few of the graphics people are just terribly good folks who work for an awful company.

Cons

The owner is a tyrant. He is disrespectful, abusive, rude and has no regard for anyone. It's all about image, dollars and his ego. The way he treats his employees has a severe trickle-down effect. Every person in a position of power treats their subordinates terribly. They call each other names, there's a lot of backstabbing and underhanded shadiness. They treat women like dirt, I'm not sure if it's due to the industry being male dominated or the fact that many of the people at ABC coming from countries where women are not treated like humans but it's not okay. There's no performance reviews, no raises, the benefits are awful. There's a roach infestation and nobody cares. They shrug it off like it's normal. There's a lot of nepotism as many of the employees are related, married to each other or from the same country. The gossiping is horrendous. Everyone is playing telephone and by the time the story gets to you it sounds like one of Aesop's fables. The clients treat the employees like trash because they feel empowered to do so by management. The equipment is ancient and they're always cutting corners to get things done instead of just purchasing new equipment. And instead of implementing training programs or hiring quality applicants, they just buy a failing company and cite THEIR accomplishments as ABC's. You will be overworked, not appreciated and underpaid.

Overall this place is just awful. Very awful.

Advice to Management

Take a few management classes. You are the reason the turnover rate is SO high.

"FM Manager"

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time

Pros

Luckily,I did not have to work with the SLEAZY owner!

Cons

They steal from you! RUN.AS.FAST.AS.YOU.CAN!

Advice to Management

Why bother, they don't care. It's how they do business.

"The owner of the company has no idea what he's doing."

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are nice people, very hardworking.

Cons

There is perhaps 2 or 3 people with real vision.
    The owner of the company is stubborn. He has no leadership skills.
    The space is a mess.

"The worst company in the world"

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are literally none. I am not a person who usually writes reviews but this company needs to be put on blast.

Cons

Terrible pay. Terrible morale. The owner is a maniac and an awful person. They treat women terribly. Something very fishy going on in the company. Upper management is a train wreck. No room for growth.

Advice to Management

No advice because they would never take it.

"Only okay if you are desperate for a job"

Current Employee - Graphics in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Graphics in Washington, DC

Pros

The only pro is having a paycheck. If you're lucky, the people you work with might be nice. Two words left.

Cons

There is a lot of distrust among the departments and levels of management. There are people put in place to snitch on fellow employees. Employees are treated with no respect. Management are constantly yelling at employees in front of colleagues and customers. Employees are fired without warning and replaced with someone willing to do the same job for ~$10/hour.

One location has a leaky roof(rains on workstations and machines), no reliable heating or AC, and extremely poor restroom/dining conditions. Rats, mice, roaches, and wasps are very common.

Some employees have been with the company for many years and have never received a raise. The pay is very low and not even remotely close to industry standards. Many of us believe our time sheets/paychecks are being tampered. Each paycheck is very inconsistent, despite having a regular schedule.

Be prepared to do the same job/task over again because mistakes are constantly made in all departments(sales/csr/design/printing). Hiring quality employees does not seem to be a priority. Your job description means nothing. You will be doing whatever they want you to do. You will be overworked. There is no question about that.

Benefits and incentive are basically nonexistent. There are benefits, but you will likely use most of your earnings to pay for them. The only thing I receive from the company besides my paycheck is the $30 dollar Safeway gift card that are handed out at Thanksgiving.

Every machine is old, in poor condition, and outputs inferior quality prints. Most of the software is very old(over a decade in some cases). PC/Mac workstations are also mostly obsolete.

I could go on, but I think you get it by now.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. Pay them better(at least a livable income). Give them better resources. Change the culture of distrust and disrespect. Maybe you wouldn't have so many employees leaving.