ABC Legal Services Reviews in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ABC Legal Services Chief Executive Officer and President Steve Carrigan
Steve Carrigan

Pros
  • No dress code, laid-back atmosphere (in 12 reviews)

• The work is not going to follow you home, so you should have a good work life balance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The owners and upper management drive expensive sports cars to work (in 9 reviews)

• Yearly (or more) you will be subtly reminded via company-wide emails of the dire economic situation and cuts are needed (in 3 reviews)

1. "Accounting"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable & Collections Specialist Lead in Seattle, WA

I have been working at ABC Legal Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great boss, great team i work with. , feeds us once a month, over all shows appreciation for employees.

Cons

compensation and paid time off

Advice to Management

Pay more and allow more paid time off

2. "Underwhelming"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at ABC Legal Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with my colleagues, dress code is casual, free lunch once a month, access to free coffee and nearby park.

Cons

There seems to be a lot of swearing, work is not stimulating and can be underwhelming at times; and some confusion arising from where to place orders

Advice to Management

Organize your site so that customers can find and place orders easily without customer service specialists don't have to "educate" them. Also, it would be nice for new and upcoming employees to have a handbook on SPUD system, as well as, the quotes, etc. On the other hand, I was there less than a year and could still have continued learning if given a chance. I felt I grew in confidence. and greatly appreciated the assistance from my co-workers.

"don;t"

I worked at ABC Legal Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pay, casual atmosphere, benes, hours

Cons

managem, favoritism, lack of communication

5. "ABC review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at ABC Legal Services (More than a year)

Pros

ABC legal provides competitive salaries and benefits. People are friendly.

Cons

Corporate office is very disorganized.

Advice to Management

Management should not lay off people every year and rehire for same position in a few months. They are losing all the knowledge and more costly in retraining new hires.

"High turnover"

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at ABC Legal Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good insurance, monthly free lunches, casual dress code.

Cons

Crazy upper management, very high turnover rate, below average computer network/stations, and stupid thinking managers. Replacing one employee with three? Really? How cost effective is that.

Advice to Management

Do your reviews on time and every time, and actually give raises based on merit and not for social interactions.

"Not an enviroment I'd ever want to be in again"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at ABC Legal Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My team was good and I enjoyed working with most them.

Cons

The pay was horrible for what was expected of you to know. I was really good at my job (glowing reviews from mangers, clients, other employees) but it was never reflected in my pay.

Only work here if you enjoy being overworked, under appreciated and underpaid.

"Worst job ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at ABC Legal Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Yeah, the biggest pro was the free fruit and free beer

Cons

The employees and management seem to hate their jobs, their co-workers and their lives. Nobody knows whats going on and most people didn't seem to care

Advice to Management

Buy yourself another Tesla after laying off 20 people and drive it off a bridge

9. "Ever Changing Dynamic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at ABC Legal Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Work Life Balance, Casual Atmosphere, Lunches provided Monthly, Uncharacteristic Management.

Cons

Normal cons to every other job.

Advice to Management

To say that this job is like any other I have ever had is not true. There is definitely merit in some of the comments about how things here are run unusually (Which is not to say badly). But that is honestly one of the best things about this place. To be honest my opinion of this job has gone up and down a few times. But it really is one of the best jobs I have ever had. Its not easy, there is a lot of changes in motion, they happen often, and you would need to be willing to work with that in order to be successful here. There is a lot of volume, so some jobs are extremely monotonous, while others are in depth and require a lot of knowledge of the field. The CEO is a passionate person. I don't think he gets an entirely fair rep. Having the opportunity to get to know him a little more recently, hes incredibly intelligent, and incredibly generous. People don't here him when he is standing up for the freedoms of this company, when the managers are wanting restrictions. People don't realize that he spends a ton of money to keep healthy snacks, and fresh coffee, and provide monthly lunches. He truly cares about it being a relaxed enjoyable atmosphere. If you are willing to work hard, and you can show that you are willing to learn, and grow, then you will always be perceived as valued. I have held many positions while working here. Some I have been good in, some was not a good fit for me, but they found a job I am excelling in. Because I am willing to work hard and learn more. Management doesn't just make blind decisions, they are thought out, discussed, and almost voted on. Its a good company, and a fun job. You just have to care about it and show that you are willing and the rest will fall into place.

"Laid-back workplace, but lots of re-orgs"

Former Employee - IT Business Analyst Key Technical Contributions in Seattle, WA

I worked at ABC Legal Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The IT and dev teams work in a nice old theater with pleasant lighting, ergonomic work stations and minimal supervision. Hours were quite flexible. Reasonable amount of freedom to define your role.

Cons

0 career advancement potential, company re-org every 4 months.

Advice to Management

More communication with and long-term commitment to employees.

"I Don't Even Know"

I worked at ABC Legal Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual workplace, cool old theater building, good work/life balance, free lunch Fridays (maybe gone now), and espresso machines.

Cons

Low pay, no career growth, crazy leadership.

If you like insanity, but not actually questioning it, this is the place for you. Management (CEO & COO) is completely out of touch with reality and clearly doesn't know how to run or scale a business. MBA's be damned.

Let's talk unprofessional-ism. It wasn't uncommon to find Steve (CEO) ranting at, or berating an employee in public, flipping tables while firing someone, or going on a manic tear. Nepotism runs rampant here and they definitely play favorites.

Advice to Management

Oust management before they completely run the place into the ground. Enable and reward the hard workers, instead of firing them.