ABC Supply Co. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Keith Rozolis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • ABC Supply is a great company to work for (in 15 reviews)

• ABC Supply is without a doubt the best career choice I have made (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Unless you want to become a branch manager, there's not much room for advancement within the company (in 10 reviews)

• There can be some long hours during the summer (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Opportunities, Great People, Great Success"

I have been working at ABC Supply Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Joining ABC Supply was the best decision of my career. I am provided with professional development opportunities and variety in my work. I work with great people who want to work together to advance our company. The company's mission and purpose resonates with me. We live by our core values, we don't just hang them on the wall. Our founder, Ken Hendricks, believed that 'Everybody has within themselves the ability to do great things" and that belief is still echoed at ABC Supply. Advancement opportunities are there for those willing to work for them. I can't see myself working anywhere else.

Cons

I have been with this company for over two years now and I've yet to encounter a con. There are challenges, like all workplaces. ABC Supply is always growing. We've added more than 300 locations since I started. With that comes some growing pains, but that's a great problem to have.

"My own words"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Muskegon, MI
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Muskegon, MI

I have been working at ABC Supply Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work from the bottom and move your way up. Started out as an outside sales person and am now managing a branch. The thought process always begins at the branch level from your newest employee to the most tenured. It is structured to the point of leaving most of the decisions being made at the branch level with some oversight from above. Plenty of opportunities to grow at your own pace and what you feel comfortable with your decisions. If you make a mistake, you get to own it and learn from it as well. The training provided for outside sales and branch managers is the best that I have ever experienced. There is definitely a lot of thought put in every level of training to ensure you are receiving the best information that is related to your task at hand.

Cons

Lots of hours you put in, but the reward at the end can be....rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue to leave the decision making process at the branch levels. This is were the rubber meets the road and each branch knows their market and customers the best. I love the experience and the family feeling that I have experienced here at ABC Supply, so keep that culture going and the team will follow as well.

"Incredible company full of great people and opportunity"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Dunnellon, FL
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Dunnellon, FL

I have been working at ABC Supply Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with and the opportunity this company offers me and my family is amazing. I get back as much as I'm willing to put in.

Cons

Very satisfied. I don't have any cons.

Advice to Management

Be very intentional and strategic when selecting branch managers or Delivery service managers. They set the tone for the branch, make sure its a good one!

"Great company"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at ABC Supply Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Uncapped commission and great benefits. ABC provides an opportunity that many companies cannot, making it easy to plan for the future.

Cons

Be prepared to work long hours. Although the company preaches working hard and having fun, the working hard aspect is always more of an imperative.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to focus more on cross training individuals. This would help eliminate some of the stress of position changes and filling important gaps in employment.

"Great company, fantastic culture, great benefits"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Peoria, IL

I have been working at ABC Supply Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, family atmosphere, focus on associates, great options to advance. Communication on a company level is above and beyond. I have voiced my goals and have been given the opportunity to reach those goals in an acceptable timeline.

Cons

At this point in my journey with ABC, I do not have any cons. They have allowed me to voice what I want my path to be and have offered help and guidance to achieve it.

Advice to Management

Keep allowing employees to have a voice. Knowing that our opinions and ideas are considered is extremely valuable and satisfying.

"Excellent opportunities for advancement!"

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Wichita, KS

I have been working at ABC Supply Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ABC Supply is a very large corporation with an equally large number of opportunities for growth. I started with ABC three years ago as a delivery driver. The work is demanding and a lot of responsibility is placed on the drivers. The ability to make decisions at the lowest level definitely helped me get a favorable look from management. Since starting as a driver, I have moved to inside sales, outside sales, and now manager in training. Working hard is rewarded by this company!

Cons

Working in every type of weather.
    Shingles are very heavy!
    Roofs can be very steep. Do not hire on as a driver or helper if you are afraid of heights!

Advice to Management

Each location is it's own business entity. The great managers make a great environment for the whole team, but some branches struggle. A little more involvement from higher echelons of leadership in struggling branches may be necessary. I do not know this for a fact... I come from a branch with one of the great managers.

7. "Working at ABC Supply"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at ABC Supply Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I came to ABC Supply to find a company that believed and lived the same character traits I live by everyday. The biggest thing that attracted me to ABC Supply is their Core of Values. Respect, opportunity, work hard-have fun, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Family, Give Back, and American Pride. I have been with ABC Supply now for 5 years and can honestly say they put their employees first and live by these core of values everyday.

Cons

I don't have any Cons about ABC Supply.

8. "I love my job!!!"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Taylor, MI
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Taylor, MI

I have been working at ABC Supply Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, and grow. Amazing opportunities to move up in the company.

Cons

Dealing with the public can be difficult, but the pros far out way the cons!

9. "Inside sales/mit"

I have been working at ABC Supply Co. full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. They care about you and there is lots of room for growth within the company.

Cons

There can be some long hours during the summer.

10. "Greatest people to work for!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at ABC Supply Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People, management and culture. I wish I started my career here 15 years ago. ABC provides opportunities for anyone who wants grow.

Cons

There can be some long days.

Advice to Management

Keep putting the employees first!