ABRA Auto Body & Glass Reviews

ABRA Auto Body & Glass President/CEO Duane A. Rouse
Duane A. Rouse

1. "Appraiser"

I have been working at ABRA Auto Body & Glass full-time

Pros

Friendly,caring, and open to rewarding emplyees

Cons

Can be busy at times

Advice to Management

Don't hide or hold my bonus. We know it's up to management to share with employees or keep for shop prodit

"Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant/Customer Service Representative in Bellevue, NE

I worked at ABRA Auto Body & Glass full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the employees at ABRA as a franchise we were smaller and it was a positive environment. I also enjoyed the diverse customers.

Cons

Sometimes we were micro-managed and I like being part of a team and I can work independently very well.

3. "Auto Glass Technician"

Current Employee - Auto Glass Technician in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Auto Glass Technician in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at ABRA Auto Body & Glass full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great schedule, occasional Saturdays, good co-workers that are willing to give you a hand. Great boss that doesn't micro-manage.

Cons

Nothing out of the ordinary for this type of job. Working outside can be great, but presents challenges at times.

Advice to Management

None

"Production manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairless Hills, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairless Hills, PA

I worked at ABRA Auto Body & Glass full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really none! Bad place to work! Super disorganized and understafed!dont waste your time!

Cons

This place is horrible always new faces high turn over. Crazy rules. No x mas bonus. They really try to under pay you!

Advice to Management

Pay people the correct way. Remover you wouldn't like your money messed with!

"Work here if you want to live in poverty"

Former Employee - CSM/Estimator in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - CSM/Estimator in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at ABRA Auto Body & Glass full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Couple of guys were fun to work with.

Cons

Estimator with 2 years experience and thought I would give Abra a chance it sounded great. The pay sucks I made 11 dollars an hour. I accepted the job anyways because I was advised bonuses were pretty good. That was not the case. The company will keep up the 3/4 of your monthly bonus if your shop does not meet customer service standards. My paycheck after benefits and taxes was 600 dollars every 2 weeks! Manager advised that pay structures and bonus policies are out of his hands. Whereas the technicians are making 40 to 70 a year the office staff are much much less. For example I netted 23000 this year. Expect to work 10 and 11 hour days and Saturdays. Everything is regulated and watched with a microscope. If Geico and Allstate were to ever sever ties with Abra it would go out of business. They claim to have approx 300 stores nationwide but can't fill the stores they have with employees. Don't believe me? Check out Craigslist or indeed if you have an Abra market in your area. They claim to be the industry leader but will pay you 11 an hour and line their pockets with your bonus. Anyway, I was there just over a year and got fed up now I've got a new job and salaried at over 50 a year. Only work at Abra if you KNOW NOTHING about the auto industry and willing to sacrifice having any kind of life or lifestyle so you can get into the industry. My advice would just find a dealership body shop that you can actually make a living.

Advice to Management

Compensate your employees. Working less hours. Better benefits. Have DM'S and market VP'S actually know what's going on in the shops instead of just going off reports and doing a 2 hour "problem solving" meeting over the phone. LOL seriously.

"Company needs to Review District Manager performances,Urgently"

Former Employee - Shop Manager
    Former Employee - Shop Manager

I worked at ABRA Auto Body & Glass full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, hours you work, workplace safety

Cons

Company hires Dist.Mgrs that do not know the business,then when they feel intimidated because the shop mgr knows more then they do, they fire them..the DM does not respect the GM at all

Advice to Management

Train your District Mgr to work with your shop mgr not against them. Help them understand the GM usually does know more about the shop/work than the DM does. Do your hiring of Dist.Mgr from within the field of GM's not from outside sources..It is definitely hurting your business.

"Mixed emotions"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Parts Manager in Buckhead, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Parts Manager in Buckhead, GA

I worked at ABRA Auto Body & Glass full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Abra there is always room for growth. It doesn't take them long to realize your talents and they're not afraid to give chances.

Cons

They don't really prepare you for the changes. They don't completely train you. They pretty much throw you out to the wolves and expect you to survive. Almost like a punishment for being intelligent enough to advance. When there is a problem, they don't get to the root. They go by what looks right on the outside and cover up the initial problem.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. When they tell you they have an issue or they need help, help them

"FastFast growing company that is losing clear sight of good employees."

I worked at ABRA Auto Body & Glass full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Abra is generally busy and the pay/benefit package is above average. Most stores are cleaner and more organized than the average shop.

Cons

High level of turnover which hinders technicians ability to turn a consistent paycheck. Last three years have seen huge growth and therefore allot of employees now feel like numbers. Looks great from the outside so do your research!

Advice to Management

Experienced employees that have bought in to the ABRA way should be looked at as assets like you used to view them When Mr. Rollie was at the helm. Abra wouldn't be what it is today without loyal, hardworking employees!

"Don't overlook this organization!"

Current Employee - CSM in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - CSM in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ABRA Auto Body & Glass full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an automotive repair/collision organization like no other. They like to do things right every time and it shows- from customers and employees to management. I'm proud to be associated with this growing company and the way we differentiate ourselves in our customer service, training and leadership.

Cons

We're not as recognized in all markets.

"RUN!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

I worked at ABRA Auto Body & Glass full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

co-workers were great! The environment used to be very employee friendly up until a few years ago and now its all about the $$$.

Cons

Out with the old - in with the new! If you do work at the corporate office - don't stay longer than a few years because you can bet everyone will be coming in above you and you will not be given the chance to grow your career. Get your experience and move on. You mean nothing to management and are very replaceable. Benefits are some of the worst I have ever had.

Advice to Management

Try valuing the employees that have been with you forever and bust their butts for you - maybe grow them (with training opportunities) instead of discarding hard working dedicated employees....

RSS Feed </> Embed