AC Lion Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Alan Cutter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome Company willing to help you take off"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at AC Lion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Incentives that include everyone
    -Relaxed work environment
    -Half day Fridays
    -Always bustling with energy
    -Great events

Cons

Non-recruiters don't always feel like an integral part, but that's the business.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

2. "Recruiting Intern"

Pros

All employees really care each other and their candidiates. Motivated group of individuals who value the uniqueness of people

Cons

Interns separated from the rest of the company

3. "High-performance, ethical company with a fun and friendly work environment"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at AC Lion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AC Lion offers strong client and candidate recruitment relationships. I have found them to be ethical, trustworthy and of expert-level knowledge of the digital media and emerging tech landscape. Fun, upbeat environment to work in. Management is empathetic to support helping staff achieve personal goals inside and outside the office. Better than average staff retention.

Cons

Can feel like a family run company at times; the pros & cons of smaller environment where the Management really cares...

Advice to Management

Offer flexibility in holiday program schedule. Consider supplemental maternity/paternity benefits.

4. "Its not work when you're having fun!"

Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY

I have been working at AC Lion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ive been with AC Lion for 5+ years. From the moment I started I was given the training and support I needed to make me successful and they have yet to stop. AC Lion has a familial culture. Every birthday is celebrated and personal life achievements are recognized. Interdepartmental games are created for fun to win rewards and you will often find the staff hanging out after work at a happy hour. The concept of "do onto others" transcends throughout the company. Every person's success is also your success.

The C suite has an open door policy. Your voice and ideas are always heard and the opportunity to have strategic talks with the CEO is always available.

There is a ton of room for growth and opportunity to move into other areas of interest.

After 5+ years I have been through a lot with AC Lion and I am happy to say that I feel lucky and fortunate to work for such an altruistic company filled with great people and support.

Its not work when you're having fun!

Cons

Nothing to say here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

5. "Can you keep up with the pace?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at AC Lion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super young and dynamic staff. Everyone really for the most part loves being together and the office is always high energy. Really a collaborative learning environment. Everyone from the junior recruiters to upper management will take the time to teach you something if you ask.

Cons

The hours are somewhat long but we get out early on Friday's so that helps. Sometimes decisions can take longer than desired.

Advice to Management

Maybe take some time during staff meeting to make sure we're all on the same page over policies.

6. "I love my team!"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter

I have been working at AC Lion full-time

Pros

I've known the AC Lion team since 2009. I first worked with them as a client when I was an internal recruiter for a very large online media company in NYC. I developed great respect for the recruiters at AC Lion and their knowledge of the online media industry. Over time they became a trusted partner. In 2014 I decided to join them as an Executive Recruiter. This has been one of the best career decisions I've ever made. The company genuinely cares about each and every one of us, and does everything it can to ensure that we are well informed of what's happening in our industry. They provide continuous learning opportunities. They are generous with praise and recognition. They reward us when we succeed. We are a close knit team and I'm proud to say I work with some of the best Recruiters in the business.

Cons

Health benefits and 401k could be better for team members who are not based in NYC. Weekly team meetings via video conference (Skype) can sometimes be a challenge for remote team members. The audio/video is not always working properly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You've built a talented team and developed an amazing culture.

7. "Great place to work"

I have been working at AC Lion full-time

Pros

- Flexible, friendly work environment with great leadership
    - Consistent potential to learn about new startups and the digital media landscape
    - Getting to work at the best recruiting agency in New York City
    - Great office parties, industry events, trips, and free schwag - you really feel appreciated
    - High performing company - it's a great time to work in digital recruiting!

Cons

Only potential con is that it's not the traditional 9-5 work schedule, as everyone is working very hard throughout the day and no one leaves the office without making sure they've done their job. This may take some adjusting, but it's also great because we close early on Fridays and have tons of holidays.

8. "These guys are killing it!"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

Pros

Friendly and Warm environment easy to work with co-workers.
    Pay starts off a bit shaky but pulls together after hard work.

Cons

Give bonuses it encourages employees and hard work.

9. "Solid Work Environment"

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at AC Lion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super flexible work environment and overall a really collaborative and supportive workplace.
    Definite management opportunities if you're interested in pursuing. Pretty large emphasis on continuing (recruiter) education

Cons

Technology (i.e. Server) issues. We need a new CRM system, ASAP.
    Some processes are slow to change

Advice to Management

Listen to the collective group; there are actually some really interesting ideas suggested by the non-managerial employees

"I love my job!"

I have been working at AC Lion full-time

Pros

The culture is AMAZING, we are all very close and really collaborative

A ton of growth opportunities

A passionate group of people that motivate you into success
    The small things you do are always celebrated as some of the biggest

Every little form of success matters

The CEO has absolutely no ego and treats us as human beings and is completely and utterly supportive of us as human beings thus providing flexibility of anything we need to get done outside of work

Very open atmosphere

Work with people with outstanding knowledge and passion for the digital media space

Cons

Hours can get long
    It can get a bit loud in our offices

Nothing else really!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!