KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

ACES ABA

Engaged Employer

ACES ABA

Add a Review

ACES ABA Employee Reviews about "aces"

Updated Nov 24, 2021

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,927

972 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ACES ABA and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "aces"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

ACES is a Great Company To Work For

Aug 31, 2021 - Customer Services Manager in Fresno, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

ACES is an amazing company to work for, great people, very rewarding, and a great work life balance

Cons

I don't really have any

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It’s a place to get your foot in the door of ABA, but not good long term.

Nov 24, 2021 - Behavior Interventionist in Bixby, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great communication and direction from BCBA’s. Love the clients. Nice and new therapy building. The work you are doing is meaningful.

Cons

ACES tries to pull you in with promises of benefits, PTO, and full-time hours. What they don’t tell you is that your hours will fluctuate and PTO is not available. You will be overworked and underpaid— you are just a number here. The supervisor does not live in the state and visits once a month. Complaints are “heard” but nothing is actually done about them. The pay is significantly lower than surrounding companies and raises are few and far between. The environment is full of toxic positivity and drama, but you have to fight for your side to be believed and acknowledged. Not enough resources available for clients to release energy. There is no career path within the company if you aren’t planning to be a BCBA.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Great Company

Aug 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible and down to earth company. A lot of room for growth too!

Cons

No cons. I have had a wonderful experience at ACES thus far

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Awesome People!

Jul 30, 2021 - Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) in Long Beach, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

ACES is the best company I have worked for. The schedule is busy like any BCBA's schedule would be, but it is super flexible. I enjoy the leadership qualities of my role in teaching others. There is lots of support and growth here.

Cons

Scheduling Techs can be stressful especially when caregivers are anxious and ready to start services.

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Was once a great place to work but a company bought in and made it the worst place to work!

Jul 27, 2021 - Supervisor in Irvine, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Create your own schedule, most of the people are great to work with. Great opportunities for growth even if you have little clinical experience.

Cons

HR department is horrible and unorganized. The company that bought ACES only cares about billable numbers. You are not a supervisor you are only as good as your billable and if you don’t meet that you will be taken off your salary and forced to work hourly until you prove you can meet your billable. They require more work then they pay for and expect you to work all the time. They force you use a curriculum to program for your clients that is dictated by the funding source. Pretty unethical! Insurance companies shouldn’t be dictating what we think clients should be getting as long as it fits in a medical model. It’s now a one size fits all cause if it’s not in their curriculum then you have to ask permission to do it for your client. They pay horrible and claim it’s because of COVID but are opening offices non stop, so clearly they can’t be hurting that bad! They hire anyone and promote anyone because they are desperate!

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0

Doesn’t value it’s RBTs

Jul 25, 2021 - Registered Behavior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the people. I have great supervisors and clients, flexible availability, and good starting pay

Cons

BI’s don’t receive a rest break while working 4 or 5 hour shifts at the clinic, which violates the law here in CA. No retirement plans for BI’s, hours are unstable, and communication is lacking. Unfortunately Aces does not seem to care about keeping its BI’s long term.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 1.0

Lack of care for Employees

Aug 2, 2021 - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician in Norman, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

The kids are amazing. It is a rewarding career itself. The employees, well, like every job you can't like everyone. There is so much to learn from the BCBA's but after the company take over we don't see much of them anymore.

Cons

ACES does not care about their employees. They took away our PTO. They only allowed me to use a small amount of my accrued sick time because they set an annual limit. So, after I had surgery I had to return to work as soon as possible. They no longer offer accrual of sick time. Since ACES took over CLASS Norman, we have lost 6 of our hardest workers.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

ACES

May 5, 2021 - Behavioral Interventionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

ACES is always supportive making sure their employees understand their role and what they need to do. Every supervisor ive had has been very supportive and has made me feel comfortable to ask them for clarity on how to go about a situation during a session.

Cons

Did not receive a raise until i brought one up after 3 years.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Job itself is great, communication is really lacking in this company

Mar 31, 2021 - Behavior Interventionist in Fairfield, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Two weeks paid virtual zoom training Paid RBT exam (if you pass the first try) Compensation for any other certifications you might need (first aid, etc) Ipads provided

Cons

Must use your own vehicle for travel to clients which can be up to 25 miles away from your home location. ACES does not compensate your drive time TO your first session and home from your last one (considered "commute time") , only the travel to sessions in between. Only 2 times during the year you can change your availability unless you have documented proof you need a change Team communication is solely done through Microsoft teams Training can be overwhelming with information

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great company to start a new career path

Jan 7, 2021 - RBT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is great. Was hired through ACES with no knowledge of ABA and they covered all the training to make me competent to do my job. I’m glad I had the opportunity to start a new journey to with ACES.

Cons

Amount of given hours could’ve been a little more than what was assigned.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 Reviews