KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

ACES ABA

Engaged Employer

ACES ABA

Add a Review

ACES ABA Employee Reviews about "management"

Updated Oct 4, 2022

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,930

973 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ACES ABA and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don't do it

Apr 25, 2018 - Registered Behavior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Only pro was getting to know the clients and their families and watching clients improve overtime and reach the target behaviors.

Cons

TRUST the one and two star ratings here because everything said is true!! I read these ratings before I applied but I still applied because I believed it wouldn't be that bad. Boy, was I wrong. Hours are all over the place and NOT guaranteed. Too many cancellations and pay is low. There is a reason why there are so many sub cases! When a client cancels, good luck paying your monthly bills because there goes a chunk of your paycheck! Little to no contact with supervisors. RBT's are out in the field on their own and are thrown into new client cases with very little guidance or support. The two week training does not adequately prepare for actual field experience. Rather, it only focuses on passing the exam. Training itself is dull, repetitive, and rushed. Upper management and HR are pretty much nonexistent and do not communicate effectively. Office itself is very clique-y and you can smell the favoritism in the air. There are many greater opportunities with other companies in the behavioral field. Do not fall for the 'flexible scheduling' or 'competitive pay.' Do yourself a favor and apply somewhere else.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Company headlines

Jul 12, 2019 - Behavior Therapist in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paid training, flexible hours, average pay

Cons

Okay management and okay administration

3. 1.0
    Former Employee

Extremely unorganized

Feb 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There truthfully aren't any pros.

Cons

Unorganized. Extremely rude test proctors. Horrible experience. I still receive emails from them 2 years after quitting because their management is so unorganized.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Clinical supervisor

May 8, 2017 - Clinical Supervisor in City of Industry, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team. And great management system.

Cons

Not having good BIs is really a challenge for right now.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Would not apply unless you're absolutely committed to helping children with ASD

Sep 1, 2016 - Behavior Interventionist in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy job interview process and quick to hire. They train you, they provide you an iPad with GPS and timesheet technology, great coworkers, kids are awesome.

Cons

Upper management is disorganized and inconsistent—I couldn't get a concrete number for the reimbursement rate for driving the entire four months I worked there. When updating HR with my school availability, their new reassignment was giving me only one client for 3 hours a week and ignoring all of my follow-up emails asking for more hours. High turnover rate for BIs, supervisors are always stressed out.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't let the culture fool you

May 20, 2022 - Behavioral Interventionist in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

ACES has some great training and flashy company perks.

Cons

Please don't buy into the idea that the needs of BI's are important to management. If we're only getting paid when clients show up, our livelihood isn't of priority to the company; only our labor is. I was told that on weeks that clients canceled, I would be given admin work. When this happened and I asked after admin work, I was told no every time. Can't tell if this was a lie or a self-delusion on their part. Getting supervision was also pretty difficult. I think I got under 20 hours in the year I was working with clients. Despite all the praise I got for being a top performer, I was turned down when I asked for a pay raise. I was being paid $15/hr; a different clinic in the area offered me $22. Someone told me once that 'passion' in a company's mission statement will mean they expect a culture of overwork. I saw this in my ACES trainer in Cali, who was answering emails at midnight. It's not the worst ABA company I've ever seen, just don't believe everything (anything?) management says and be aware your hours will likely be cut at some point.

5 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Part time review

Dec 15, 2021 - Behavior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Didn't have many issues with the company aside from poor management / scheduling when I first started.

Cons

Bad scheduling department, hard to get ahold of them for weeks.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Supervisor

May 12, 2017 - Supervisor in Concord, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have created some of the best friendships while working with ACES and even though they are no longer with the company, the bond has continued outside of work. The BCBA on my cases if one of the most influential supervisor that I have had the chance to work with. She ties the task list items to what I am currently implementing with the clients.

Cons

Due to have many ASG (Medicare) cases, my work load is predominately direct work. Adjustments or additional indirect hours should be compensated to prepare materials or review programs for ASG cases. No compensation has been provided to prepare materials or create digital data books for ASG cases, it is prepared on my own time. Management lags before intervening to help lower management on cases where clients families are not following the rules and policies towards staff. Kaiser ESBA ratio is 50/50, but ACES wants 70% direct and 30% indirect.

3 people found this review helpful

ACES ABA Response

Culture & Comm Dept Assist

Hello, Thank you so much for taking the time give your feedback. We value each and every feedback given! We are pleased to hear your peer experience has been so influential. We work very hard to make sure that each customer service experience, whether internal or external is met with heart and passion. In regards to ASG cases, ACES holds to the highest standards incorporating the BACB standards when setting supervision requirements regarding indirect hours, our interpretation of code definitions in our contracts, and the CPT codes. Please feel free to reach out to me so we can discuss this in greater detail. In regards to client families breaking the rules, we appreciate that you recognize how important an issue this is and don’t want any staff to feel like they have to deal with those issues alone. Holding families accountable takes the entire team understanding the issue and being on board with the solution. Please reach out to your manager and/or director immediately when you have concerns and ensure they help you develop a plan at your monthly meetings. If you still feel you are not receiving the support you need in a timely fashion, please feel free to reach out to acescommunications@acesaba.com so we can problem solve.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE

Jun 10, 2016 - Clinical Supervisor in Placentia, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

NONE! This place is a sweatshop that makes supervisors work 50+ hours a week (120 billable hours per month + 10+ hours per week of non-billable).

Cons

Where do I start? Aces sucks. When I started there, I thought I was making a difference in family's lives with ASD. It turned out that Aces is too caught up in contracts, making money and treating their employees like crap. The clinical directors are never around. You better be a very fast learner, because you pretty much have to learn on the job. Training is horrible and pretty non-existent. Management style sucks where they only talk to you to provide you 'reactive feedback' rather than proactively nurturing and training staff. I was told to write up many BIs who weren't properly trained by HR, and then I had to retrain front-line staff. Ridiculous. This place also promotes based on unfair business practices such as hiring on friends and family for HR and Administrative positions.

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

BCBA supervisor

Oct 20, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

great culture with all the employees. Management team wants to hear and support your needs while providing high quality ABA services.