KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

ACES ABA

Engaged Employer

ACES ABA

Add a Review

ACES ABA Employee Reviews about "training"

Updated Sep 23, 2022

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,930

973 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The supervisors are great and teach you so much in order to help individuals on the autism spectrum.(in 81 reviews)
  • "Very flexible hours that accommodate to your needs IF you area student currently going to school and don't need a lot of hours.(in 43 reviews)
  • "Great training very thorough.(in 35 reviews)
  • "Great team, flexible schedule, average billable(in 24 reviews)
  • "The people there are great and have a lot of support with the teams.(in 23 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ACES ABA and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "training"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Better than most SoCal in-home companies

Jun 3, 2017 - Behavior Interventionist in City of Industry, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Clients (Get attached. They're great :D) -Technology (Uses data-tracking program Catalyst on an iPad, so you're not fumbling through papers as you're taking data) -Experience/training (Paid RBT training and BCBA supervisors will debrief you on clients and should also be present for initial appointments to assist. You also have a full paid day of training where you go over typical and unique in-home scenarios and shadow two different seasoned BI's during their sessions)

Cons

-Hours -Driving (These two are common for any ABA agency. Some of your clients may live far away with dilapidated home conditions and in sketchy neighborhoods; be prepared for that in case you have those assignments. And there's no guarantee of full-time hours so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking for that; however, if you just need 5-20 extra hours per week, this place is perfect!) -Changes (comes with nonprofit territory really; supervisors, management, staff, clients are always changing)

ACES ABA Response

Thank you much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the positive outlook and the honesty with the nature of your job within the community and the ABA field. Here at ACES, a couple of our core values are innovation and flexibility, as we continually strive to better ourselves. This may be some of the movement you are feeling. Our hope is that our staff feel pride in this quality about ACES and feel rest assured that we are advancing and even leading the way in the ABA industry.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

behavioral interventionist

Jan 8, 2021 - Behavior Interventionist in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

provide materials needed for work

Cons

Training is crammed into one weekend and is a lot of information in a little bit of time

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

ACES is a family.

Mar 30, 2017 - Supervisor in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

ACES is a team oriented company. The more effort you put into supporting your co-workers and clients, you receive the support back ten-fold. ACES wants to support growth and professional development of all their staff. We are interested in training highly effective staff and providing opportunities for growth to those interested in staying in the field.

Cons

ACES is all about awareness. Often staff become disconnected from the team because they don't reach out for support when they need it.

ACES ABA Response

Culture & Comm Dept Assist

Thank you for such a well thought out review! Your kind words are appreciated from your community here at ACES. :) The ACES Communication Department is constantly seeking new ways to work on broadening communication as we continue to quickly grow. Please feel free to reach out to me at acescommunications@acesaba.com with any fresh ideas you may have!

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Quick Turnover Rate

May 15, 2022 - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician in El Cajon, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The training portion was extremely informative and prepared me for passing my RBT Exam on the first try.

Cons

However, after passing my exam and joining the office I felt I did not have the support or guidance needed to succeed in my position.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

ACES is on the right track

Jul 19, 2017 - Behavior Interventionist in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work itself is very enjoyable! I love that I can use my skills to help the autism population. The training was super helpful and I think that I will be able to use what I learned in all my future endeavors. I particularly liked the hands on parts of the training. The supervisors seem very approachable and are very knowledgeable.

Cons

I hear that they are making good progress to be more competitive in their pay. It's more expensive in the Bay so I am glad that they understand that and I hope they will continue to make sure that staff can afford to live here.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Collaboration and Patience is Key

Jun 4, 2017 - Behavior Interventionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The initial training was adequate and allowed a person getting into this field to become confident in ABA principles. I have been fortunate to work in the clinic, as it allots the greatest opportunity for collaboration (a key value of the company). Being able to witness other BI's being able to model from their strengths helps greatly to accelerate the learning curve. I'm excited that our office had been continually expanding!

Cons

The pay for BI's is not as competitive as it states in its job description. However, I have heard experiences from employees who have left and gone in search of more money (ex: Easter Seals) and have been left unsatisfied with the quality of care for the clients.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee

110% honestly

Mar 30, 2022 - Behavior Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being able to assist and help those who have ASD as well as their familes.

Cons

Work is not consistent. All training is done online and you can barely speak to one person to help with your questions. All communications are through group chats with 5 plus people. Full time doesn't even really exist as to your whole day is gone by and you're starting to work in the late afternoon during to clients being at school all day. They ask your availability (but give you 2 choice to pick from) and when you decide your time has been wasted you have to report hr to change your availability. Not saying it's a waste of time, but if you're looking for a REAL 6-2, 8-5 or 9-5 this is definitely NOT the go to job.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee

Stay Away

Oct 31, 2020 - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician in Chula Vista, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training is free and easy

Cons

The people who have been there forever and in supervisor positions are bullies and push others out.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE

Jun 10, 2016 - Clinical Supervisor in Placentia, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

NONE! This place is a sweatshop that makes supervisors work 50+ hours a week (120 billable hours per month + 10+ hours per week of non-billable).

Cons

Where do I start? Aces sucks. When I started there, I thought I was making a difference in family's lives with ASD. It turned out that Aces is too caught up in contracts, making money and treating their employees like crap. The clinical directors are never around. You better be a very fast learner, because you pretty much have to learn on the job. Training is horrible and pretty non-existent. Management styleManagement styleManagement style sucks where they only talk to you to provide you 'reactive feedback' rather than proactively nurturing and training staff. I was told to write up many BIs who weren't properly trained by HR, and then I had to retrain front-line staff. Ridiculous. This place also promotes based on unfair business practices such as hiring on friends and family for HR and Administrative positions.

5 people found this review helpful