ACI Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Excellent call center"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

I have been working at ACI Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job itself takes a few days worth of training and a few weeks of practice to become adept. The pay is good, and the hours are terrific. You can manage your own work place and the work/life balance in this one is absolutely superb.

Cons

I cannot for the life of me find a single facet of this job that i don't like. The work, the culture, the pay, and the life balance are wonderful, and even the facilities, equipment, network, and building are all well maintained and pleasant to use.

Advice to Management

I cannot prescribe any advice to management at this time. In my experience, all disruptions and disputes, technical and personal, have been fully handled with utmost swiftness and professionalism.

2. "Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA

I worked at ACI Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm glad they are listening to their employees are not getting rid of telecommuting. My much more productive than having to drive into the office and waste my time looking at taillights.

Cons

Overall this is a very good place to be however the expectations are high and it isn't for everybody. I also appreciate that ACI is investing more in 401k.

Advice to Management

Invest and us more and we will produce more.

3. "M&A Machine"

I worked at ACI Worldwide full-time

Pros

. . . . .

Cons

Lack of communication and leadership surrounding Mergers & Acquisitions and employees who are let go that are an intricate piece of the puzzle.

Advice to Management

Don't separate the only staff that knows the task before a knowledge transfer has taken place.

"Company is a complete mess and getting worse."

I have been working at ACI Worldwide full-time

Pros

The people are fantastic. They really are a terrific group of people working hard for the company but they company just doesn't give back. There is a lot of serious talent at ACIW. Every good leader they have at ACI is leaving or has left and that has put people that don't have any idea what they are doing in charge of things they know nothing about. People within our business units were working very hard for the company with nothing in return. Consulting studies done which was a good idea yet nothing in those studies has been followed and anything other than they way ACI is running things now is frowned upon.

Cons

Executive leaders there are wearing titles but they don't have any idea what they are doing. The company has had some incredible leaders working at ACIW and they have left in droves leaving things in shambles. The employees are treated poorly and while leaders say all the right things, they don't act that way. The company is also biting off more than it can handle in a number of areas and it is getting to implode a few things along the way. You attract good talent yet cannot keep it. There is a layer of dishonestly that exists at this company that does from the top down and the bottom up within the leadership ranks. The fishing debacle with the president - just read about it.

Advice to Management

You have let too many great people leave the company. The recent exits of the senior leaders from an overseas acquisition that are very talented, the top technology leader of DC Ops and application teams and his next in charge and the leader in sales are great examples. Sales continues to perform poorly and nobody is held accountable. Layoffs are a continuous thing at ACI and it is never in the areas that really need to be cut. Re-orgs twice a year are terribly handled. Putting technology people up under a non technology leader that is weak is a terrible idea and one that has caused people to exit and more are going to be leaving. I guess things will have to completely implode before a change is made. The technology people in particular are so helpful to the business area and they are terribly mistreated with work left balance issues and inflated administrative teams within our business units. Lastly the 401k is a joke with a 4% match but only a $4k maximum match per year <nice math there>. That too is an example of crafty executive leadership while collecting their over inflated big bonuses and big performance stock awards that somehow are paying even though the company is not doing well. Keep trying to reinvent the company, reinvent terminology and reinvent poor leaders within the company. We are not losing the people that we need to be losing, we are losing a lot of very strong individual contributors and leaders and will continue to suffer for it.

5. "Good place to work"

I have been working at ACI Worldwide full-time

Pros

Flexible hours
    Pay
    Benefits
    Team environment
    Office space

Cons

I wasn't trained as much as I needed for success.

6. "Software engineer"

Pros

Best place for work life balance. Unlimited work from home. Very nice people and knowledgeable people but be careful while choosing projects.

Cons

Very poor management. Needs to improve a lot. They don't plan accordingly to the deliveries. Simply hire the contracts and waste the money.

"Toxic Exec Mgmt"

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at ACI Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Colleagues and at times challenging work.

Cons

Toxic executive management which filters down. Too much organization change. Exec Mgmt won't allow an org change to settle in and take effect before they change things again.

Advice to Management

Time for the CEO to go.

8. "Associate Marketing Specialist"

Pros

super friendly team who care about their work and each other

Cons

smaller office so sometimes very quiet

Advice to Management

none

9. "Growth and opportunities"

I have been working at ACI Worldwide full-time

Pros

ACi is growing faster both organically and inorganically and it brings a lot of opportunities. High level of engagement and energy on the employees.

Cons

ACI is still very much focused on itself instead of the customers.

Advice to Management

Remember to recognize employees everywhere - not only in US.

"Wonderful People, Company looking for direction"

Former Employee - Director in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Director in Norcross, GA

I worked at ACI Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are wonderful, the opportunities are abundant and the Company is waiting on you to take the rains

Cons

No real direction, Products are in stable, company looking for a true set of products

Advice to Management

Develop good products that are tried and true, do not implement what has not been tested