ACI Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

ACI Worldwide Reviews

Updated July 26, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Easy process to work from home if needed without any prior limitation (in 75 reviews)

• You can manage your own work place and the work/life balance in this one is absolutely superb (in 36 reviews)

1. "Great Future Ahead!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ACI Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've only been with ACI for a short time, but I am thoroughly pleased. It's a great feeling to be with a company that is growing and has real vision for the future. I'm impressed with the level engagement at all levels of leadership and I am excited to see what the future holds!

Cons

I haven't experienced any downsides to date. Very excited about being here!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Not happy"

I have been working at ACI Worldwide full-time

Pros

Company has a lot of promise, and the overall strategy makes a ton of sense.

Cons

Nobody can seem to make the right decisions to make an impact, other than a negative impact. Revenues aren't materially improving despite many acquisitions and the C-suite isn't being held accountable for this. A lot of debt and little cash on hand means bookings misses are paid for with layoffs.

Advice to Management

If you want to grow you need to invest, not reduce staff. Many problems are self-inflicted and will need new blood to correct.

"Very disappointed"

I have been working at ACI Worldwide full-time

Pros

Really hard to think of too many pros at the moment. Perhaps the pro is that many of us are still employed and we hope for a brighter future.

Cons

The recent leadership additions and changes haven't improved anything. If anything things are worse. You can't run a business through constant cost cutting but you can run it into the ground. That's where the company is heading. The recent $40 million plus lawsuit loss doesn't help things either.

Advice to Management

Not sure advice would help at this point. Starting to believe that selling the company is the only fix, so at least the workers will have a chance.

"Not great"

I have been working at ACI Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Payments industry is moving fast, nice list of customers, smart people across many departments. Some departments are good to work in.

Cons

Execution is horrific, customer projects and development underfunded, so that unnecessary stress is created instead of focusing on delivery. Too many meetings to explain to management why something is a problem when they created the problem in the first place.

Advice to Management

Run the company like a payments software company and not like a payments services company,

5. "Good People"

I have been working at ACI Worldwide full-time

Pros

Overall ACI is a great place to work. There is a reason I have been here 4+ years and haven't left. Generally I have pretty good work life balance (not always, but it has gotten much better), we have great benefits - on site cafe, gym, employee events, my team is wonderful and I enjoy the type of work I do. Compensation is competitive based on your role. I have a close commute and I enjoy the casual and flexible environment since I have little ones.

Cons

Very heavy on VP level and above employees and the organization runs lean on employees so in some ares there may not be the work life balance I enjoy. Also there is a lot of commotion around the telecommuting, but this hasn't been an issue for me. We expand rapidly through acquisitions and integrations and it can be very disruptive to the business and employees.

Advice to Management

Remember your employees are your greatest asset and will help the company reach its goals. Continue to follow through with your employee engagement goals.

"what is going on?"

I have been working at ACI Worldwide full-time

Pros

Benefits, decent salary, work/life balance is generally pretty decent for most, but some friends are getting hammered

Cons

Everything seems so opaque, held close to the chest in Naples, too many reorgs, policies and meetings, layoffs all the time that cut certain departments too much

Advice to Management

let people know what's going on and make good decisions not bad ones

"Pass"

I have been working at ACI Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The area I work in everyone is very nice...when you have a chance to talk. The company is pretty flexible as well. Nice work at home opportunities when needed.

Cons

Why is everything always on fire??? People need to know that not everything is an emergency. It really seems that the top mgmt could care less about the people and just concerned about the bottom dollar. There is no company moral or company culture. It is work hard and then work harder. It is pretty much sink or swim and from what it looks like to me most people are going under.

Advice to Management

Realize that people are human and treat them with respect.

"company killing work from home and telecommuting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at ACI Worldwide full-time

Pros

payments industry keeps you on your toes and skills high. ACI is well positioned as a leader and has better vision than most of the competition.

Cons

company trying to move to everyone being in an office 5 days a week, even though many workers were previously hired with agreement to telecommute. fine to have a 20 minute drive in Omaha or Naples, but how about Norcross or Waltham? senior execs out of touch because most are 50+ with grown kids or no kids so they don't have to juggle like average people. so they impose their will with no consideration. new HR guy brought on board but I bet he will just do whatever Phil wants, so goodbye telecommuting. unrealistic in today's information economy to force people to punch in and out and then run reports on people? no trust, just control. I work 10-12 hours a day and am on the phone across the globe yet I need to commute so someone can check a box?

Advice to Management

treat workers like adults, focus on work performed, not where it is delivered.

"Services is a mess"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at ACI Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good hardworking people who want to do the right things

Cons

Penny pinching means you don’t get to staff projects until it is almost too late. If someone resigns or calls in sick your projects run late. No advance planning, no support from executive management.

Advice to Management

Plan and staff like you have a growth business, not a cost center.

"Wants to be a leader in operational excellence, but has a long way to go"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at ACI Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Flexibility
    - Industry Leader in payments
    - Great people
    - Good collaboration

Cons

- Constant change
    - Reorgs every 6 months it seems
    - Lack of loyalty to tenured employees
    - Unrealistic expectations
    - Unspoken expectation to continually put in 40+ hours (this is the norm, not the exception)
    - Promotes people to managers without them being a good fit

Advice to Management

If you want to be operationally excellent show loyalty to your employees and invest in them. Top Performer was a great program that has since fallen by the way side. Find something that works and stick with it - stop throwing things at the wall and hope they stick.