ACR Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
James Nelson

Pros
  • It builds up your resume, and it results in a lot of direct patient care hours (in 12 reviews)

• You are making a difference in the improvement of lives as well as it not feeling like you are constantly at work (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • I would work full time for ACR if the pay to be a DCP was manageable (in 5 reviews)

• Direct care is sometimes a 24/7/365 on a team (in 4 reviews)

1. "ACR Homes"

Current Employee - Direct Care Professional
    Current Employee - Direct Care Professional

I have been working at ACR Homes part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is very easy to fit shifts into a busy schedule as the shifts are usually for odd times of day

Cons

Having shifts be at odd times of day can be unfortunate when you want to have a normal schedule

Advice to Management

Let staff reduce their hours easier and quicker, you would have much more retention with students

2. "Fantastic, Flexible Workplace"

Current Employee - Former Weekend Supervisor, Current Part-time
    Current Employee - Former Weekend Supervisor, Current Part-time

I have been working at ACR Homes part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, flexible hours, experience for Pre-PT/OT/Nursing, vast advancement opportunities, internships, bonuses

Cons

Lots of turnover, frequent shortage of staff which puts pressure on supervisors.

3. "Best job I've had!"

Current Employee - Direct Care Professional in Afton, MN
    Current Employee - Direct Care Professional in Afton, MN

I have been working at ACR Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great money, flexible hours, and feel I make a positive impact on my residents.

Cons

Tough to balance work and life d/t periods of low staffing.

Advice to Management

N/A

5. "Positive place but no career growth."

I worked at ACR Homes full-time

Pros

Positive atmosphere, fulfilling job. Would recommend.

Cons

No career growth. Job requires availability past shift mandatory if others don't show.

Advice to Management

None available, the job is what it is.

"Residential Supervisor"

Current Employee - Residential Supervisor in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Residential Supervisor in Roseville, MN

I have been working at ACR Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible for the most part. I'm currently taking classes at a university and can adjust my schedule as needed. I receive consistent and constructive feed back as well as regular leadership training. My employers provide me with several opportunities to build my resume and allow me to regularly exercise my passions and strengths; most days I work, I feel like I'm making a difference. Also, there's the free housing. With my position I don't have to pay rent.

Cons

About two months a year life can be pretty stressful, but the benefits out-weigh the cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Direct Care Professional"

Current Employee - Direct Care Staff in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Direct Care Staff in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at ACR Homes part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with ACR for 6 years and there are many reasons for this but the two biggest are: 1) The residents; there is nothing better than the spending time with them 2) other staff; I've been lucky to work at a home where there are other staff that have become my friends. They also have a great internship program.

Cons

- I would work full time for ACR if the pay to be a DCP was manageable. Even at the top of the pay grade, it's not a livable wage for the work put in. After working for 6 years, it's hard to believe I will never make more than I am right now in this position.
    - There are issues with reporting problems to supervisors. They issues get downplayed and remain unresolved. This causes controversy between staff.
    - I have floated at many homes and there is a lack of training and knowledge when floating. Often times, the RS doesn't reach out before/during/after to ensure you are able to actually do your job duty. If mistakes are made, the float gets blamed, however it isn't always their fault due to little to no training.

Advice to Management

Instead of running contests and giving staff gift cards/phones/etc, increase wages. More people will be more willing to fill shifts (this would also help prevent needing to pay double/triple time for shifts that are desperate to be covered) and there wouldn't be a mad scramble to cover the shifts. Go outside of the box with recruitment and start to concentrate on hiring longer term employees, not just college students (this goes hand in hand with paying more). Upper level management that is not in the homes needs to take more steps to understanding and preventing burn out.

8. "Program counselor"

Pros

Comfortable environment, wonderful coworkers and clients! It was great entry level experience in direct care, and had high quality training.

Cons

It could be stressful working in some homes if there were behavior issues, but that wasn't the norm, and there was a lot of support and extra training on how to handle those situations.

9. "Good"

Former Employee - Direct Care Staff in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Direct Care Staff in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Nice very good and nice

Cons

No cons to share currently

10. "HHA"

Pros

Attention to detail is impressive here, high quality patient care

Cons

No pay raises, don't make enough money. You do this job for the great hands-on experience if you're pursuing a medical career

Advice to Management

Higher pay, were doing the work for the RN's, and we make as much as fast food employees. Not fair.

11. "Voted #1 workplace for a reason!"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Roseville, MN

I have been working at ACR Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to build good working relationships with residents and staff. Residents are treated with respect and dignity. Above average pay and benefits. This company cares about residents and employees. Truly a fantastic place to work!

Cons

Co-pay for health plan is a little pricey, and deductibles are quite high. That is the only area I see that could be improved upon.

ACR Homes Response

Sep 11, 2016 – Director of Staff Development

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! So glad your'e enjoying your work at ACR! Thanks for the feedback on benefits as well--if we can be of any help regarding your benefits and health plan ... More