ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios) Reviews | Glassdoor

ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios) Reviews

Full-timePart-time

2.9
ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios) Chairman and CEO Florentino Pérez Rodríguez
Florentino Pérez Rodríguez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Director Business Development"

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Houston, TX

I have been working at ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility to work in large projects

Cons

Little support from global Corporate

Advice to Management

Need to Increase resources for pursue more projects

ACS (Actividades de construccion y Servicios) Response

Apr 11, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We do not have and never have had a Director Business Development employee in Houston, TX. This is likely a review of a different ACS.

"Great place if you are friends with upper management!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Good pay if you are fortune to have a long tenure with ACS. You do learn a lot as most departments are understaffed which affords you the ability to wear different hats.

Cons

Upper management is not concerned with customer service but with the bottom line. It is all about who you know and not what you know. Lay offs are foreseeable even when profits are up.

Advice to Management

Time to review the senior management and their leadership abilities. An open door policy does not exist, literally, doors are closed 75% of the time.

3. "ACS"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great Domain Knowledge Experience, Work closely with Business Analysts. Learn about the full suite of IBM products and Commercial Off the Shelf software

Cons

Late hours, not very flexible work hours. Some bad managers who do not respect your time-off. Huge egos for some managers

Advice to Management

Welcome more feedback from employees. Respect employees vacation time. Provide benefits for extra work hours and late nights. Employee appraisal should be fair

"Decent place if you are entering or re-entering the workforce."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cary, NC

Pros

Managers are flexible and try to help employees with work/life balance. You get to meet a diversity of people, some good and some bad and I am talking about the employees working there. Most first line supers were helpful and available if you had questions. The training was extremely fine-tuned and complete so you were comfortable with the various programs you were using when you got to your workstation.

Cons

Apparently the managers or whoever is hiring still does not check into the background of employees well enough. There seemed to be a noticeable lack of professionalism in a number of the employees working there in the way that they dressed and conducted themselves.

Advice to Management

Get even more stringent with the hiring and background checking of employees. Try to hire the best quality employees possible. Really listen when interviews are being conducted to determine better the maturity and professionalism level of the person.

5. "ACS"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Some of the poeple who work there are great, others are not.

Cons

The job salaries are below standard.

Advice to Management

Hire people who know what they are doing

6. "Slow place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Pros

Flexible and can work remote

Cons

The working process is horrible

Advice to Management

Do not rely on offshore

7. "No loyalty to employee, Remote Management without personal interaction. Employees are treated as expendable resources."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Pros

If you don't care about your career and just want to make a few bucks, ACS is the place to work.

Cons

No pad on the back for doing a good job, and thus no incentive for being loyal to the company and to your job responsbility.

Advice to Management

Management should develop a closer relationship to the employee.

8. "Processing"

Current Employee - Financial Aid Officer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Aid Officer in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Make own hours, do not have to talk to customers. You also get to sit and listen to music all day long and people here are pretty conservative and just sit at the computer all day long.

Cons

Sit at a computer terminal for 8 hours. No human contact which can be good depending on the way you love your life.

Advice to Management

Do not micro manage and be more open to vacation plans. Also please consider that we are human beings and not processing machines. Also you could pay us more just the bare fact that you pay us 11.54 an hour is not good.

9. "Felt like a slave"

Former Employee - Elgibility Specialist in Marion, IN
    Former Employee - Elgibility Specialist in Marion, IN

Pros

The hourly pay at ACS is very high for the area and type of work (customer service) . The other women I worked with were for the most part friendly and not back stabbers. I enjoyed the their comaradie, and helpfulness to share information.

Cons

My main complaint is the way employees were treated. I was forced into a new area with little to no training. I felt so imcompetent and had to call over help for every call, putting client on hold for long periods of time. While was expected to keep time of calls down. No one asked me if I WOULD take the position, I was FORCED to, after learning all I could to do the job I was hired for for 3 months. I did not feel appreciated for the effort put in. My first evaluation of my performance was "failure", which really crushed me, after trying so hard to do a good job. I was basically marked down for 1 little thing I didn't say. They expect you to go by a script to answer questions when half the questions aren't IN the script! And the search capibilities of the script is non-existant. You are timed at breaks strickly and pay cut if you go over break or lunch time. This felt like inhuman treatment. Sometimes ya gotta take a potty break and want to get a cup of joe and decompress on your break but the timing is so strict- I have worked for small companies before this and was treated like a person, not a thing. Their benefits are non-exhistant and not even offered until after 90 days. I didn't need their health insurance thank goodness but feel sorry for all those who do. Only the pay is good and its not worth it when you feel like this about your job.

Advice to Management

Treat people like people, not machines. ASK if they are willing to take a new position. TRAIN them for the new position if they take it. Worry about the customer/client more and less about TIME used to help the person. Again Treat people like PEOPLE.

10. "Not Professional"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN

Pros

The benefits were great, they did allow parents time off to attend their childrens school functions the health insurance was expensive but very good.

Cons

In order to advance within the company it would be best to move to a larger location with more people and more opportunities. Memphis was a small operation and there was no room for growth unless you left and went to another state.

Advice to Management

In some of the smaller locations, I think that senior mangement needs to pay more attention and visit some of these locations.