ACT-1 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"A growing, Knowledge, Expanding and life Changing for what we do everyday !"

Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Bakersfield, CA

Pros

Great leadership, Inspiration daily, never ending opportunity, Career Growth abounding! Constantly in a positive work environment that in infectious to all around there ! Cant say enough of how much I truly am privileged to work there everyday !!! Where else can you work that you can help individuals dreams come true one at a time !! Anyone that has an oppurtunity will leave blessed if you ever leave at all !!!

Cons

Hard work...so come ready !!!!

2. "Contract Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Writer|editor in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Writer|editor in Nashville, TN

I worked at ACT-1 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is always a wide variety of assignments with Act-1. The recruiters and placement officers are first-rate, and the company is very responsive to helping someone with things like timesheet issues, holding onto a paycheck for a personal pick-up, answering tax structure questions, etc.

Cons

That there isn't an Act-1 office in Nashville! -The only thing I'd say is that the pay isn't always the greatest, but it also isn't awful.

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing in your Universal City office - Lisa Lucas is the best thing that ever happened to Act-1.

3. "Regional Sales Trainer"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Trainer in Cypress, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Trainer in Cypress, CA

I have been working at ACT-1 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive company, they believe in you! Excellent training. Unending financial opportunities for Account Executives. Excellent benefits. Opportunity to qualify for yearly all inclusive trip. Opportunities for growth & advancement! You can write your own paycheck & manage your own career goals at this company. Supportive management.

Cons

Must be full-fledged multi-tasker, focused, & in it for the long haul to succeed here! Must be able to run a full desk & be thick-skinned. You will receive great support & training from management/corporate, but you must be willing/able to be self-motivated.

4. "Staffing Associate"

Current Employee - Staffing Associate in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Staffing Associate in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at ACT-1 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They truly care about their employees, work-life balance, pay is fantastic, training is very well thought out.

Cons

There really aren't any cons to this position, unless you're not self-motivated

5. "Research Associate"

I have been working at ACT-1 part-time

Pros

Act-1 Group's management is amazing. The company constantly strives to keep up-to-date with the latest technologies. I am very impressed about how the company proactively implements its mission everyday.

Cons

The company has no cons.

6. "Great company that treats you well!"

Current Employee - Staffing Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Staffing Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ACT-1 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Act-1 has taught me the true value of a company when they treat their employees with respect. I have really grown as a person professionally, and have met many wonderful individuals whom I learn from every day. I look forward towards starting my career, and working along side this company!

Cons

I have learned a long time ago that there are no Cons, because I see cons as a pro in disguise as a lesson.

It is a fast-paced environment, built for someone who is willing to put their 100% every day that they come in.

Someone who may be looking for a more relaxed environment should consider looking somewhere else unless they decide that this opportunity is worth adjusting your work ethic and energy.

Advice to Management

Dear management,

the effort you put into your employees is seen and appreciated. The dedication you have for your company is unique and sets you apart from other agencies. Keep up the great work!

7. "Great agency that will help you find work"

Current Employee - Temporary Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Temporary Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ACT-1 part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really friendly agents that hep you find work that you like, on your schedule. Very flexible & will keep you booked for jobs.

Cons

None really. I have been working with them for over 3 years and recommend them to all my friends.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

8. "Gd"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ponce, PR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ponce, PR

I worked at ACT-1 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Por que me gusta trabajar en waerhouse

Cons

Me gustaría trabajar en una compañía buena y seria con buenos beneficio para mi y mi familia

Advice to Management

Mas información en una entrevista gracias por su ayuda

"Overall time well-spent"

I have been working at ACT-1 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of nice, caring, and hard working people at this company. With some exceptions, many of the C levels are approachable and open to ideas on how to improve services to customers and the companies as a whole. Not overly competitive internally (I've seen much worse.). Relaxed atmosphere, except when there are customer emergencies. Learned a great deal about business and human relations/customer service while here.

Cons

Some necessary internal changes could come sooner. Your supervisor will determine how well you fair, your team's dynamic, and possibly your level of happiness. If you are lucky to have one who is good to you/advocates for you, competent at what he or she does and be willing to train you, be thankful. Compensation and benefits could be better for some, while some people are paid well for their title, duties, and if they are not in "line jobs."

Advice to Management

Review job titles, duties, and compensation & benefits more often. Listen to people from the ground up more often because there are good ideas waiting to be heard. Engage in greater morale building and acknowledge contributions more frequently.

"Program Directo"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in New Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at ACT-1 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible arrangement and solid benefits if needed. I created the assignment but needed to go through them to streamline cost and paper work. Their payment and reporting systems were solid.

Cons

None really. Best when you can create your own role.