ADGA Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2019

3.8
ADGA Group CEO Françoise Gagnon
Françoise Gagnon
Pros
  • "There is a strong emphasis on respect to all from the top down and this results in a very comfortable and open work environment(in 7 reviews)

• "Senior management is open to new and better ways to improve the processes in order to get the results we all want(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

1. "Great team"

Current Employee - Corporate in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at ADGA Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working within a small team, great manager, very supportive of staff. Pretty flexible for time off and other requests.

Cons

Tasks can be a bit monotonous

ADGA Group2019-10-12

October 15, 2019CEO

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your feedback is important to us and lets us know how to continuously improve our workplace in order to retain our most valuable assets: YOU and your colleagues. I am pleased to observe that you are enjoying the team and flexibility we strive to provide to our employees. Like you, I believe we have a great team in place. Without knowing what you do at ADGA, it is difficult for me to weigh in on the nature of the tasks. Have you raised this with your manager to determine whether you can take on additional responsibilities or diversify your tasks? We are embarking on Talent Review where we map out career framework for employees to ensure that the path to greater responsibility is increasingly transparent to our team members. Don't be bored, there is no shortage of interesting work at ADGA . Thank you for joining our team and providing your feedback!

2. "Don't do it"

I worked at ADGA Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It used to be fun, not anymore

Cons

HR doesn't work, COO is absent, structure has returned to the 80's No work from home even though they promise it Will tell you anything to get you to sign Absolutely no fun allowed Money means everything

ADGA Group2019-10-17
  3. "Happy Camper"

Current Employee - Electronics Service Technician in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at ADGA Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary and benefits, good senior supervisor and mangagement team

Cons

On call, too little sick leave days

Advice to Management

have sick leave days match national average of sick time taken of 10 days

ADGA Group2019-09-11

September 16, 2019CEO

Always happy to read a review with the title "happy camper". Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am pleased that you feel well compensated and surrounded by a supportive supervisor and management team. We strive to provide all our team members with a stimulating and supportive environment. Call work can certainly be demanding, and due to the nature of some of the work we do, it is part of the job. With regards to sick leave, we provide 5 days of sick leave, and 5 days of Family Responsibility Leave, thus 10 days total leave, in alignment with provincial legislation. If you have any further questions regarding this or any other benefit, please do not hesitate to reach out to Talent Management. Thank you again for taking the time to provide a review - your feedback is important and valued.

4. "interesting projects most of the time"

Former Employee - Program Manager

I worked at ADGA Group full-time

Pros

interesting projects most of the time

Cons

opportunities can be short lived

ADGA Group2019-09-16

"Electronics Technician Salary"

Current Employee - Electroncis Technician in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at ADGA Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good for the graduated students to get in the field and gain some experiences. Also, good opportunity for the people getting close to their retirement.

Cons

Unfortunately, you don't get what you expect. Not much training provided by the company and you have to figure out you way around most of the time.

ADGA Group2019-08-05

August 13, 2019CEO

Dear team member, we've not had the opportunity to meet face to face but welcome to the team. First, thank you for choosing ADGA as your employer. I regret that your onboarding and training did not meet your expectations. The feedback is helpful and I have connected with our Prairies supervisor to ensure the situation is rectified and you receive the training you require to perform and excel at your job. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally if I can be of further assistance. Thank you again for taking the time to provide the gift of feedback and give us the opportunity to do better.

6. "Low salary"

Former Employee - QA Tester

I worked at ADGA Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team members were nice. Friendly people.

Cons

Salary was low. Management didn't accept any feedback. Poor environment to work in.

ADGA Group2019-08-16

September 16, 2019CEO

I am sorry to read this review, particularly as it notes that management doesn't accept any feedback, and that we don't provide a good work environment. Whether through Town Halls, Ask the CEO segments, or our engagement surveys, management actively solicits feedback and is responsive to it. In fact, we hold all managers accountable for the feedback on engagement surveys, and I can cite numerous instances where we have implemented significant changes in response to feedback. There seems to be an inconsistency in stating that the team members are nice and the people are friendly yet it is a poor work environment. Without more specific details, I cannot respond to this particular comment. I hope you are more fulfilled in your current role and thank you for your contributions to ADGA and our clients.

"Innovative work environment"

I have been working at ADGA Group full-time

Pros

- Interesting and varied work - no two days seem to be the same and the projects are stimulating and interesting. - Great work environment - a lot of hard work has been put into creating a fun and engaging work environment. - Strong communication - ADGA has made great strides in keeping their employees connected and updated.

Cons

- As deadlines approach, work hours can be long

Advice to Management

- Ignore the nay-sayers and continue on the path you're on. Changes in recent years have shown that the company is serious about its employees and the products they deliver. Kudos to all your hardwork and perseverance. In regards to the post from April 4, 2019: I work in the same department as the reviewer, and his account could not be any further from the truth. It is ludicrous that such a blistering review... could be left after a tenure of only 8 days. At no point have I ever witnessed any shouting, abusive behaviour, or inhumane and cruel treatment of any of the employees in this department. Full stop.

ADGA Group2019-04-16

April 26, 2019CEO

Thank you for your comments. The course of change we have adopted since 2014 has required heavy lifting by many and the results speak for themselves. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any suggestions on how we can improve on engagement and make ADGA an even better workplace for you.

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Director in Ottawa, ON

I worked at ADGA Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

A forward looking company with an engaged and engaging leadership. The culture at the company is one of inclusion and empowerment allowing everyone at all levels the opportunity to succeed. There is a strong emphasis on respect to all from the top down and this results in a very comfortable and open work environment. The frequent communications meetings from the leadership, regular planned one on one meetings... with one's immediate boss and team meetings result in good communication and flowdown. Feedback is encouraged in all directions to ensure alignment. During my tenure, there were many improvements to the overall compensation package with increased benefits. This is indicative of the leadership putting into practice their stated goal of having a high performing engaged workforce by investing in the employees. There is a drive to diversify the company's offering which bodes well for a strong future. I enjoyed working at ADGA and feel my time there allowed me to grow in my career.

Cons

Shortage of resources for some more specialised positions unfortunately but necessarily leads to additional workload on some from time to time. this is not unique to ADGA, of course.

Advice to Management

Continue the employee focussed approach and measured growth.

ADGA Group2019-04-12

April 15, 2019CEO

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. Constructive feedback provides us with an opportunity for growth and improvement. I wish you well in your future endeavours. Thank you for contributing to ADGA's success; I am pleased to know you enjoyed your time at ADGA, and appreciated the workplace culture.

9. "ADGA is getting even better every day"

I have been working at ADGA Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- There are many interesting projects on the go at all times. The variety in the work is stimulating and provides a great learning and development environment for gathering new skills. - Senior executives interact frequently with employees. It is not uncommon to find the CEO and others taking time out of their busy schedules to listen to and address the concerns of employees at all levels. It is clear to me that... the company executives feel a personal responsibility for both the success of the company as well as the happiness and well-being of employees. - ADGA is making significant investments in employee benefits/engagment and IT technology refresh, not only to maintain a competitive edge in the market but also to streamline operations and improve the efficiency of the workplace. All of these things are making the employee experience better.

Cons

- There are periods when project deliverables converge and the workload is significant so the whole team has to work together to get the job done. That being said, I don't consider this to be unusual for any company striving to innovate and grow.

Advice to Management

I work in the same department as the former employee who left the scathing review below, and witnessed first-hand the support he was given during his 8 days at ADGA. I cannot emphasize strongly enough how baseless and incorrect his characterization of the work environment is. Some examples: - "They didn't even help with fundamental information such as the location of the files in order to do the job": I... personally spent multiple hours across several days in one-on-one meetings sharing information about the work, answering his questions, and pointing him to the files he would need. - "the director came in and shouted at everybody": I participated in that meeting and there was absolutely no shouting, from anyone. - "The treatment was so abusive, inhumane and cruel": I have never witnessed or experienced anything approaching abusive, inhumane or cruel treatment from any of the people that I work with. Words like these have very clear meanings and to suggest that they might even remotely apply in this situation is appalling. The only aspect of the review that bears any semblance of reality relates to the quietness of the office environment. With only five people at this particular location (and all focused on highly technical software development work) there is limited opportunity for casual conversation. Senior management has already taken action to improve this situation by moving this small team back to the main office facility where we have been welcomed back into a vibrant and diverse community of employees. To the CEO: Ignore the drama and fiction of baseless negative reviews. Stay the course and continue your mission of building high-performance, well-functioning teams filled with happy, engaged employees. ADGA has a bright future ahead.

ADGA Group2019-04-16

April 26, 2019CEO

Good morning, I won't belabour the outrageous post below other than to underscore that it is baseless and shameful in its accusations. I speak for senior management in conveying that we are aligned in our vision to keep building ADGA to be a Canadian leader in Defence, Security, Enterprise Computing, Space, and a best employer. it is motivating to received feedback from employees who love the changes and are committed to the vision. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and your experiences.

"Great work environment and culture! Awesome place to learn – either within the position or from the people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at ADGA Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Each day is something different. Even with over 20 years of experience in the industry, I continue to learn and grow. This wouldn’t be as easily achieved without the team that I work with and their supportive nature. It is evident to me that ADGA supports and encourages continued learning. Communication comes smoothly, even in fast-paced times, and I never feel like I can’t bring any concerns to the attention of my... directors / senior management. There is an openness that is difficult to find anywhere else. All of this I appreciate. The positive can-do attitude of my coworkers and my boss is something that adds so much to my day. Work & life can be challenging and even when the stressors of it show up in their lives, they continue to come to work each day with great attitudes! And this, of course, is infectious. I continually hear good things about ADGA and I can certainly attest to that through my own experiences here. The CEO is a force of her own who shows strength and kindness to everyone she meets – she certainly exudes great knowledge, leadership and respect and I know I stand to gain a lot by her example.

Cons

Perhaps too soon to tell. With any business comes growing pains but what I have seen is improvement and is forward-moving.

Advice to Management

Lead on! Keep doing what you are doing – I love the change that I am seeing and hearing all about. The open door and open mindedness of ADGA makes all the difference in any workforce.

ADGA Group2019-01-03

January 6, 2019CEO

What a positive start to 2019, thank you. There are many ways to grow a business, and we fundamentally believe that the best way to build ADGA is to invest in our people. Build the people and they will build the business. Harvard Business Review has some compelling stats on "return on character" which measures a company's success relative to its leadership's behaviour and characteristics. Like you, I am impressed by the caliber of our people and how they not only show up for work but take pride in the work they do; they are my greatest motivator. They make a choice to work for us, it behooves us to confirm to them that they've made the right decision. I am humbled by your comments on my leadership and quick to add that I couldn't do what I do without an outstanding team by my side. Surrounding myself with talent and people with a strong set of values and ethics has been fundamental to my success in my role. Thanks again for the feedback and starting 2019 off on such a positive note.

Found 59 reviews