ADP Reviews in Calgary, AB | Glassdoor

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez
Carlos A. Rodriguez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life Balance leaves a bit to be desired (in 188 reviews)

• Politics is way too high, There is no work life balance (in 59 reviews)

1. "Good company"

Current Employee - District Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - District Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at ADP full-time

Pros

I just got hired with ADP. Their compensation package is great (salary, benefits package and other sales incentives). I am currently going through online training.

Cons

The hiring process was very long but thorough. Which is a good thing I guess, as they wanted to make sure, that I am who I claim to be in the resume.

ADP Response

Jun 6, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review and rate ADP and welcome to the ADP team in Canada.

2. "Implementation - Great job if you love long hours and want to end up on stress leave"

Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work is interesting and the people at the company are very nice. At some locations there is work from home opportunity

Cons

The workload is unreasonable particularly at year end. 10 hours a day is normal and some managers won't pay you for the extra hours. At year end, (Nov - mid January) working more than 10 hours a day is not unusual. The weeks of training provided when you start sounds very impressive but aren't nearly enough for you to be able to competently do your job and the ongoing support and promised mentoring is seriously lacking, mainly because the assigned mentors are too busy for the people they are supposed to be working with. The average implementation specialist either quits or is terminated by year 3 and each year the company does a "culling". If they are terminated it's because something went seriously wrong during an implementation (whether the client or ADP was responsible has no bearing), or the implementation specialist was too low on their annual quota.

Advice to Management

Try hiring more people for this job, provide sufficient training and work/life balance DOES matter

ADP Response

Sep 5, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your honest and specific feedback with us. We will share this review with our Canada Implementation teams to help improve our processes.

3. "Reception/Admin"

Former Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at ADP (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good environment to work for

Cons

No advancement within the company

4. "Satisfactory"

Current Employee - Major Accounts District Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Major Accounts District Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance, supportive team environment.

Cons

Career advancement is difficult and compensation is sub industry standard.

Showing 4 of 5,756 reviews