ADP Reviews in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez
Carlos A. Rodriguez

Pros
  • Work life balance for the majority of the year is excellent (in 415 reviews)

• Able to work from home three days out of the week (in 197 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance leaves a bit to be desired (in 173 reviews)

• No work life balance and hectic work schedule (in 55 reviews)

"It's challenging and no two days are the same"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

It's challenging and no two days are the same thing over and over so it's very stable here at adp

Cons

I'm not sure that I can tell you yet because I don't have this so I'm sorry I can't tell you much except not all units off or work from home

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and keep the employees in the loop

May 8, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the account of your time with ADP.

2. "District Manager"

Current Employee - District Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, room for growth

Cons

Depends on your territory how well you do

Advice to Management

Nothing

3. "Love this Place"

Former Employee - Sales in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great leadership, plenty of room for growth, work hard and get heavily rewarded!!

Cons

have not found any yet

Advice to Management

nothing, keep up the hard work!!

May 1, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review.

4. "Starting a career at ADP (Revision from previous March review)"

Current Employee - Client Support Trainee in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Client Support Trainee in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at ADP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you want to continue to grow your career and you are ready to work hard, ADP looks to be a great place to start. This is my first time in a corporate environment, and I really like it so far.

- Hiring process was very fast, faster than any corporate job I've ever applied to. I went through multiple interviews and received an offer within days of my final interview. Other companies I had to sometimes wait months just for a rejection message. ADP’s hiring process is fantastic, and I felt very important to them as a potential future employee.

- Associates in my department are very friendly, and the atmosphere with management is great too. They have an open-door policy so I never felt nervous asking questions to my manager, let alone even to my manager's manager. Many of them make an effort to wish everyone in the department “Good morning!” directly, and some associates are starting to follow suit. I appreciate it even if I don’t always fully acknowledge it; it shows they care. Overall, the company gives off a family vibe and less of a hierarchal one which I greatly appreciate.

- Adding to the previous point, there is a big amount of diversity among employees as well as many support groups including for LGBT, veterans, etc. It is great to see groups like these in place because it reinforces the loving and accepting environment ADP already offers.

- The Elk Grove building has many amenities: Cafeteria, Fitness Center, and Wellness Center. Cafeteria food is pretty good, and the company ADP works with has a selection of quality food. You can use the Wellness Center to complete your biometric screening, flu shots, and daily medical concerns.

- Information and communication is very thorough. If you have any questions, you are likely to find the answers on the employee website in some place or another. If you cannot find it, you also have an option to send an online message to the correct department for their expertise.

- Benefits for both part time and full time employees. Enrolling in them is very simple thanks to the websites newly designed layouts.

- Surveys. ADP is not just about giving surveys to its clients but also its employees. I’ve probably taken over a dozen at this point, but each time it was for a different area from a training course to the employee website. It’s important when a company wants to hear from its employees so often; they want to make sure they are satisfied with what they are doing..

Cons

- While there are lots of opportunities for employees to make an impact in the company, your impact will be as much as you put into it. To be exceptional in this company, you will need to be at many times self-motivated, disciplined, and determined to improve yourself. This amount of mental focus may not be for everyone to handle, and I have seen some new hires leave because of similar reasons.

- Adding to my point about mental focus, there is a lot of company information you are initially exposed to. While it is thorough and greatly organized, I still see it being overwhelming for some new hires.

- Management does make their best efforts to communicate with employees, but at times they do seem to have a lot of meetings they attend in addition to their managerial duties.

- 14 weeks of new hire training, and the training only gets tougher as the weeks continue. Again as with my previous posts, it can be overwhelming and I've seen it happen first-hand with other new hires. I understand the training is important and we will likely appreciate it more when we finally start to implement it. Regardless, parts of the training are very dry even with our instructor giving us breaks and doing her best to make it fun.

- Blackout dates are November through January because they are the busiest times of the year. Again, not a big issue for me because I understand the reasons why, but it can still be a bummer. It was also communicated to me multiple times before I accepted the job offer that this would be required of me, so it's only a minor con.

- Another minor con, but I wish there was more than 1 day of volunteer paid time off. I love to know I am making a difference not just in the business but also on a personal level. There are many volunteer activities I'd love to participate in like I did before my employment here, but now I feel limited to choose when their policy is only a single day.

Advice to Management

No advice to give currently. It’s been great, and I am having a great experience. It is no doubt challenging, but I am handling it!

5. "District Manager"

Current Employee - District Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule, employees are rewarded for hard work

Cons

Your success is determined by your opportunity and opportunity is not always distributed fairly.

Mar 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the evaluation of ADP Chicago. Your analysis is appreciated.

6. "Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great leadership and builds talent.

Cons

Always changing management and processes.

Mar 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review.

7. "HRB Service Center"

Former Employee - Client Support Administrator in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Former Employee - Client Support Administrator in Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at ADP part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-401(k)
    -Networking opportunities
    -Learning experiences
    -Executives care about employees of any status

Cons

-People are often hired based on who they know/are related to
    -Not enough training

Advice to Management

Make more opportunities for growth for admin positions

Mar 3, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thanks for your attentive review of the Elks Grove Village location.

8. "Growth potential. Work culture is top grade. Generous benefits/compensation."

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant I in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant I in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at ADP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to move laterally and vertically are abundant. Compensation and benefits are attractive. Work life balance for the majority of the year is excellent.

Cons

October through January the workload can be dizzying. During this time, the amount of quality resources available to troubleshoot in a time crunch is scarce

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!

Feb 23, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the assessment of ADP and commentary on our busy time. We appreciate the review.

9. "Open Enrollment Specialist"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at ADP as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

ADP has a very good training program in place with very knowledgeable trainers. Help and resources are available to employees at all times. ADP also makes work fun. There are multiple food events with free breakfasts, lunches, or snacks to break up the daily routine. We even got to wear pajamas one day!!!

Cons

Some people took advantage of the food and also tardiness, longer lunches, and leaving early as there was no time clock.

10. "Financial Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Staff Accountant in Chicago, IL

I worked at ADP (More than a year)

Pros

At ADP my professional growth was always strongly encouraged.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of any bad points at this time. I left to stay at home full time with my children.

Jan 23, 2017 – Project Specialist

Great review! We can't think of any bad points either. :)

Showing 133 of 5,176 reviews