ADP Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez
Carlos A. Rodriguez

Pros
  • Work life balance for the majority of the year is excellent (in 404 reviews)

• Able to work from home three days out of the week (in 193 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance leaves a bit to be desired (in 168 reviews)

• No work life balance and hectic work schedule (in 52 reviews)

1. "Started great 5 years ago, but the ship is sinking."

Current Employee - Implementation in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Implementation in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Established client base. Some mature products to fall back on. Job security (depending on the job)

Cons

Some departments are at risk of being outsourced as a result of senior management putting cost cutting ahead of client experience.

Priority seems to be on speed and quantity delivered rather than quality. The management team talk a good game when it comes to focus on quality of service but there isnt anything actionable to back it up. There are however many indications that the uk MDs of the past 5 years want to make a quick buck then get out before the house of cards falls over. Which isnt too far off.

Advice to Management

Remember who pays the bills, long term. If your staff are overallocated its your walletts long term that will suffer.

"Horrific place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

There are none at all.

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. No confidence in management. Completely disjointed and ineffective business which is never going to win new clients. Hires very mediocre individuals. No training or development.

"Avoid"

Former Employee - District Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - District Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are some good People
    Nice offices - no parking
    Good expense policy
    Some excellent support people

Cons

Software & Solution does not work, way behind competitors
    Poo service
    Senior & Regional Sales Managers have poor management skills
    Claw backs from commission when it is a software, service or solution issue and not down to Sales

Advice to Management

Employ better managers, listen to Sales team
    Invest in solution, bring support back to UK

5. "Good training and development weak leadership in certain areas"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in London, England (UK)

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great brand and global client roster, good employee development opportunities talent management process not as complete or joined up as they think.

Cons

Poor management of territories and quotas for sales people, would rather lose individuals than address the actual underlying issues at play. All territories are not equal and no amount of arguing is going to make them so, weak leadership in certain areas along with an underlying aversion to rocking the boat even when it may be the right think to do for fear of compromising their own careers.

Advice to Management

Deliver on your talent agenda, reward your leaders for developing talent rather than penalizing them for doing so, understand the macro economics of the UK and right size your territories and sales numbers to make it fair for all of your quota carriers not just those in selected areas.

"Like turning an oil tanker"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a large, stable company that pays well.
    People are friendly and well intentioned.
    Trying hard to keep up and is implementing some important measures such as NPS.
    Seems a good place to ride out until retirement.

Cons

Just too slow and top heavy.
    There are too many managers having meeting but nothing getting decided. Senior leaders (Both at board level and country level) are too far removed from the actual work and create conflicting messages about strategy.
    Too many vested interests in the company to allow effective innovation, despite best intentions.
    Too US focussed so any attempt to develop solutions for UK clients is lost in a big "Global solution" that never satisfies anyone.
    Very inflexible around working arrangements (Think this is due to US management not understanding UK labour legislation).
    Ultimately, its not a very engaging place - great if you want to be paid for coasting, but not good if you want to learn and build your career.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to make a one -size-fits-all solution.
    Stop treating the rest of the world like poor relations to the US.
    Make people directly accountable, rather than people trying to get endless consensus on every idea to avoid being held responsible.
    Product Managers should know how to use their products.
    Stop wasting time with engagement surveys when they just repeat the same items every year.

"Great company- if you get the right team behind you."

Former Employee - RPO Coordinator in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - RPO Coordinator in London, England (UK)

I worked at ADP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company were compassionate to personal circumstances and absence. HR are great and the best point of call for any information. Was offered a generous base salary.

Cons

Management extremely stretched which means you don't get the guidance needed when you first start. Was made to feel extremely unhappy and targeted by an employee on client site who rather than offer constructive feedback gave continuous dirty looks and snotty remarks. They also "documented" certain things that I had apparently done in my first few months that were deemed unsatisfactory which were never brought up, even though I had requested feedback and 1-1's regarding my progress (as I knew everything I was doing was being nitpicked). I was then extremely appalled that this feedback led to the end of contract prematurely and I was never asked about my thoughts, views and all of the feedback given in my exit interview were things I was being relayed for the first time (a few of which were over exaggerated from the client) I feel if ADP management were more present and aware of what actually happens this would not have occurred. I left feeling quite victimized as the nature in which my departure was orchestrated was unprofessional and insensitive.

Advice to Management

I feel if ADP management were more present and aware of what actually happens staff would feel a lot happier. I believe just because the client is crucial to the business the way in which they treat ADP staff onsite should be monitored and if needed, addressed. Give constructive feedback to staff when requested.

8. "Great place for Sales talent!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sales led business with amazing opportunities and reward for great sales talent.
    Engaged with flexible working practices and happy to support those.

Cons

Parking at the office can be problematic.
    Career opportunities limited in some departments.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage talent from varying sectors in order to learn from other industries and to evolve both the talent pool and the direction of the business.

"District Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Incentives, amazing trips away around the world if you over achieve, decent commission structure, room for progression/promotion

Cons

awful latest product, micro management, pressured, poor marketing, high turnover, lack of resources, claw back commission if product fails

Advice to Management

change the strategy on how you treat people, modernise the office and overall company brand. step out of being in the boiler room

"Good company, if you like large organisations with many processes and silos."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are generally very nice and supportive. Company has a good international reputation and perhaps it looks good on a cv.

Cons

1. UK salaries not competitive - less than with competitors.
    2. Management don't care much about employees - they treat them as resource pool, not as talented individuals who could actually do some great job for the company.
    3. Many talented people simply leave because there is no much career advancement.
    4. Performance standards are not high - management and employees are content with average delivery, not aiming to provide best service to clients.
    5. Middle management is a bottleneck of organisation - mostly controlling individuals not allowing much flexibility to employees

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees.

ADP Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the evaluation of your time at ADP UK. We admire your transparency and thorough review.

11. "ADP - a global leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A welll established Company that looks after its staff and has a 1st rate portfolio of solutions to provide its client base with a complete package

Cons

Make life difficult for themselves by trying to complicate solutions and then having to add fixes.

Advice to Management

Look at only releasing a solution when we know it fully works.

Showing 20 of 4,998 reviews