ADP Reviews | Glassdoor

ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez
Carlos A. Rodriguez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life Balance leaves a bit to be desired (in 185 reviews)

• Politics is way too high, There is no work life balance (in 60 reviews)

"GREAT Company, so long as you are an idiot."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you don't feel like thinking critically or don't like to ask, "why" THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU! If you are dumb and don't like to think for yourself, THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!

The money is OK. Perhaps employees interested in "culture" will enjoy the unending barrage of "snow cone day" and "bingo day" etc, but it is really just another mill of drones hysterically working toward nothing. It's a giant company, so it's hard to say my experience is the same across the organization, but I work in a small group in ALPHARETTA, GA and there isn't much good to say other than I got paid every two weeks.

If you are happy with the status quo and enjoy the idea of sitting in a dog cage, working your fingers to the bone so that people other than you can make money, then ADP is a fantastic work environment.
    If you are happy to learn an incredibly basic skill and repeat it to the point of mental deterioration, ADP is for you.

Cons

Last minute, mandatory overtime.
    Minimal room for advancement.
    Not much money - though you do get a cost of living increase each year
    Incompetent management.
    Disconnected upper management.
    Hard work is not rewarded.
    Quality work is not recognized.
    Management has their heads shoved so deep into metrics that they are incapable of grasping the actual day-to-day.
    Some bonuses come in the form of "points" that are taxable earnings. These points can only be spent in their designated marketplace where the points are grossly inflated over the value of a dollar. In short, they will pay you in company scrip to spend at the company store.

If you want to get a promotion you have to put together a little lesson plan for yourself and develop skills based off of their electronic education system. This is the only way. It does not matter if you are the most senior, skilled, and competent person who is ALREADY EMPLOYED by ADP. If you don't make a nice little lesson plan, you don't get considered for a promotion.

Advice to Management

I know, for a fact, that management is dumbfounded by their inability to retain younger associates. I've typed up some suggestions.
    REWARD YOUR EMPLOYEES FOR THE WORK THAT THEY DO
    DO NOT DEMOTE EMPLOYEES
    HAVE BASIC BUSINESS ETHICS
    LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES
    UNDERSTAND YOUR PRODUCT AND YOUR PEOPLE
    DON'T PROMOTE SOMEBODY TO A MANAGERIAL POSITION IF THEY ARE CONSTANTLY RELYING ON AN ASSOCIATE FOR EVERYTHING
    IF AN ASSOCIATES APPLIES AND INTERVIEWS FOR AN INTERNAL POSITION AND THE HIRING MANAGER LITERALLY TELLS THEM "YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY THE MOST QUALIFIED," HIRE THAT PERSON INSTEAD OF PUNISHING THEM FOR NOT PUTTING A LESSON PLAN TOGETHER

I believe my "advice" here is in vain as I have full confidence you'll find a way to justify each and every action you take, you ignorant, disconnected, inhumane, selfish, power tripping, troglodytes!!!!!

"Not what you think"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very Very Good Benefits for families

Cons

Office politics, management lacks direction and do not adhere to the mission and vision of the CEO - you treated poorly if you don't suck up to managment

Sep 5, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your ADP experience with us on Glassdoor. We appreciate your feedback and take you "Cons" into consideration.

"I&O Analyst"

I worked at ADP full-time

Pros

Great pay and work culture

Cons

Management unfair towards recent graduate hires

Advice to Management

Learn to keep up to your words and promises

Sep 5, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback.

"Misleading"

I have been working at ADP full-time

Pros

there is nothing nice to say

Cons

Misleading
    Manipulative
    Liars
    Fraud
    Unprofessional

Advice to Management

Be honest.

Aug 27, 2017 – Project Specialist

Sorry for you disappointing time with ADP. Thank you for the review.

"Definitely not the old ADP!"

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employee Stock Purchase Plan (although not nearly as good as it was years ago).
    In spite of the management, the people that actually work at ADP are awesome - dedicated, highly-engaged associates.

Cons

Plan on working 60-80 hour weeks to get your job done.
    Participation in pension plan is no longer available to new associates.
    Management is herding existing associates into centralized locations or laying them off.
    Management is slowly getting rid / laying off associates with years of experience and replacing them by new hires with no payroll processing experience.
    Although ADP says "that every associate counts" ... this is lip service and is not really practiced by management.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to "fix things" by trying a new approach to service every four months. It's exhausting to the clients and the employees.

Aug 27, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback of your time with ADP. We appreciate your insights and will share with our HR leadership teams.

"An unfortunate professional experience"

Former Employee - District Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - District Manager in Chandler, AZ

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you sacrifice a personal life, there's a small chance you'll make a little money. Also, having ADP experience on your resume seems to make other employers way more likely to hire you. You'll definitely develop a thick skin and you'll really love the job you have after you leave ADP.

Cons

Absolutely no support from superiors; Public humiliation on a daily basis - it's kind of like a big frat house at all times; Have a question? Good luck getting an answer to it ... ever; Expectations are extremely vague - until you fail to meet them; Actually getting your gas/phone reimbursements returned to you is an extremely complicated process, if you ever get those back at all.

Advice to Management

Wow. Maybe try opening your eyes?

Aug 14, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are escalating this review to our HR and Sales teams for further review. If you have any additional insights you wish to share, please contact us at... More

"Company actively dismissing older employees and hiring students straight out of school"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at ADP full-time

Pros

great people - interesting technology

Cons

way too much politics, remarkably poor leadership from the top down and lack of job security. They are also telling people that they can no longer work from home.

Advice to Management

stop focusing on titles and listen to people who are knowledgeable and experienced.

Aug 14, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for your review. We will share with our HR teams.

8. "RUN - WORST PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation, Compensation, Compentsation, Compensation, Compensation

Cons

People, products, & migration leaders are horrible....no collaboration and quick failures.....

Advice to Management

Lead with integrity and train your leaders

Aug 14, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review.

9. "Client Experience Leadership is seriously lacking"

Current Employee - Employee in Roseland, NJ
    Current Employee - Employee in Roseland, NJ

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The CEO has done a great job of trying to lead the company but is held back by a senior leadership team that is tenured and unmotivated to change. The leader of Business Transformation and Client Experience has celebrity status at ADP but has done nothing to truly transform and improve the client experience. NPS scores are single digits for too long... she should have never been put into such a high role. Her work to consolidate locations is only moving around chairs on the titanic.

Cons

Culture rewards longevity and tenure vs real change. Would be okay I guess if the client experience and service quality didn't suck so badly!

Advice to Management

Wake up! You clients expect more than leaders acting like celebrities and putting on a good show on how much you're NOT doing!

Aug 14, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your viewpoint of ADP Roseland. Your insights are valuable to us and we will use to improve our processes. We have shared your review with our HR Leadership team and if you... More

"Poor leadership from the top down"

Current Employee - Director in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people - interesting technology

Cons

way too much focus on titles and rank. Lack of leadership overall

Advice to Management

Really need new leadership from the top down.

Aug 14, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback from our Alpharetta location.

Showing 435 of 5,497 reviews