ADP Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez
Carlos A. Rodriguez

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life Balance leaves a bit to be desired (in 174 reviews)

• No work life balance and hectic work schedule (in 56 reviews)

"Go corporate-- not client-facing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management invested in making organizational changes appear reflexive.
    Huge market share and reputation, despite more advanced and easier to use solutions by competition.
    Great food service and staff.
    Solid opportunity for recent grads looking to start a career in client service, as long as scheduling bathroom breaks and forgoing schedule autonomy are acceptable.
    Some very genuine people with great ideas, though not always in a position to implement change.
    Free lunch during year end when you can scarcely leave your desk between calls.
    Very cool opportunities in tech at corporate office.

Cons

Everything is a numbers game-- managers don't know/care what you actually do, but are quick to interrogate and condescend on time mgmt when forecast is at stake.
    Favoritism-- those who are mobile/favored by upper mgmt are either sycophants or cutthroats.
    Training-- onboarding for roles that don't generate dollars for the org is completely unstructured. Managers are consistently underskilled to provide technical support outside of payroll.
    Management-- endless cycle of unreasonable client expectations, undertrained associates, and derogation from management.
    Bonus-- unattainable/ambiguous metrics based largely (40-60%) on org performance, and "manager's discretion" (20+%).
    Jaded employees-- many underpaid and overworked associates who can attest to favoritism, stagnant pay, high pressures/volume, and losing good people.
    Downsizing-- company laid off 300 managers last year, closed down several locations in the east, and eliminated many homeshored positions. Impact will be shouldered by already overbooked employees + cheap, inexperienced new hires in VA and FL.

Advice to Management

Hire/promote individuals who know how to manage PEOPLE, not just numbers. Stop marketing ADP as this virtual/flexible company while eliminating WFH and blacking out half the year for PTO.
    Employees don't want "gifts" that are charged back to them on their pay stubs-- they want raises.
    Hire more people.

2. "ADP enrollment specialist"

Former Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Louisville, KY

Pros

I was working through a temp service. Temp for hire.

Cons

Temp to hire is ridiculous. You could work there several years without actually being hired on. They didn't really respect the temps. Their motto "they'll throw you to the wolves and you'll fend for yourself" type of training.

May 22, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you fro your analysis of ADP Louisville. We'lll share your insights with our team.

"OK for recent graduates"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Roseland, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Roseland, NJ

I have been working at ADP (More than 10 years)

Pros

A good company for recent graduates. You'll learn a lot, the training is great.

Cons

No work life balance. Hours are long and you often take work home. Depending on what business unit you may not be able to take vacation during annual enrollment and year end. They are opening new locations in low coast areas but are laying off senior employees in high cost regions. There is no loyalty. My advice would be to work there to get experience and then find another job at a different company that values its employees.

May 1, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for your entry level position insights into ADP.

5. "Disappointment from a reputable company"

Former Employee - Employee Solutions Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Employee Solutions Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

benefits, training, and fellow employees

Cons

less onsite managers, most of the training is remote, not hands on

Advice to Management

take pride in rehire the employees you lay off. those are the ones worth hiring. Also try getting more onsite managers and not ones where they are working remotely on the other side of the country.

May 8, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the Pro/Cons and Advice to Management.

6. "Payroll Specialist"

Former Contractor - Payroll Specialist in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Contractor - Payroll Specialist in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at ADP as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely loved the networking and social events that were hosted fairly often which contributed to some amazing personal and professional relationships that I still value til this day. It keeps the environment fresh and exciting. There is sufficient training (IF they allow you to take it.) The workload is large and challenging. The payroll knowledge is hugely transferable.

Cons

MICROMANAGING, it was soo bad that my manager monitored how often and how long I took to use the restroom. I truly felt like a contractor. The conditions were deplorable. little to no work life balance, remote days were used for manipulation, upper management completely disregarded any feedback or issues, and would impede deserved promotions. There is no profit sharing so managers and executives get to reap the benefits . Unless you have a strong connection to someone higher up I definitely don't think this company's environment is much encouraging .

Advice to Management

treat your employees as you would your best customers, and your business will reap rewards beyond what you can imagine. Things that you allow to fly under your radar you are just as accountable for . Your organization doesn't end with you so your priority should be building a foundation on positive values, attitudes and morals.

"Director level"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great salary and bonus structure, very competitive

Cons

no work life balance, chaotic work environment

Apr 17, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the insights and transparent rating of ADP Louisville, KY.

"Culture"

Former Employee - Vice President Operations in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Vice President Operations in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are better than most

Cons

I was a long term employee at ADP and in my last years (by the way I left on my own) I have never seen such poor treatment of associates in my entire career. The new executive leadership had no respect for those of us that put our heart and soul into this company. It's a shame that they treated people they hired off the street better than those of us that took this company to where it is today.

And the people in the position of "President" to run this company were not qualified to be president.

Thank God I got out when I did because, when I hear from my peers that are still there all I hear is how the culture continues to decline. Everybody wants out.

Advice to Management

Treat your loyal employees with respect and value the years they have given to this company to make it what it is.

Apr 3, 2017 – Project Specialist

Hello - we apologize you had a turbulent end to a successful career at ADP. Thank you for your honest and thorough impressions of your ADP experience. We appreciate your takeaways and transparency.

"Client Service Poor"

Current Employee - Client Services in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ADP full-time

Pros

PAID TIME OFF from date of hire

Cons

Client Service Has high turnover rate
    service training below average
    large company with no bonuses for client service

Apr 3, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review of your current experience in ADP Atlanta.

10. "Operations Manager"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent Benefit package, Management was encouraging

Cons

Not a good Work-Life Balance

Advice to Management

Do what you say you are going to do. They promise change, but it never comes. I was there for over 7 years, and my health declined due to the number of hours I had to work to keep up. I finally left to find a job that I didn't have to work 60+ hours a week, with no end in sight. And it is almost impossible to change divisions. Once they get your they won't let you move.

Mar 24, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the intelligent summary of your time with ADP. Sorry to hear about your tumultuous tenure and we wish you the best in your future endeavors. We will share your feedback with the HR ... More

11. "Good expereince"

Former Contractor - Senior Financial Analyst in Roseland, NJ
    Former Contractor - Senior Financial Analyst in Roseland, NJ

I worked at ADP as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Large Company, good facilties and perks for the full time employees such as in house Gym, Cafeteria, etc...

Cons

Lot of turn over and upper management trying to save cost by off shoring a lot of key jobs, Not enough guidance

Advice to Management

Don't out source key jobs otherwise suffer skills and experience drain people leaving the company.

Mar 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review of our Roseland NJ office. Great insights and some powerful takeaways. We appreciate it.

Showing 590 of 5,079 reviews