ADP Reviews | Glassdoor

4,711 reviews

Full-time Part-time

4,711 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life Balance leaves a bit to be desired (in 163 reviews)

• No work life balance and hectic work schedule (in 49 reviews)

1. "The Best Place To Work"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Allentown, PA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You are paid for the work you preform, it is a high pressure sales job but highly rewarding! Great incentives all year long including various trips in addition to the commissions that you are able to earn. Very team oriented environment with the ability to move either up or across BU if you wanted to try something different.

In my tenure I have been able to advance to the next levels within my own BU but it is highly dependent on the ability to succeed. Great incentive to push yourself, love being able to be a self starter and have control in my own path.

Management allows you to work independently but encourages feedback to make the existing processes better. There is no need for micro-managing as your job duties are clearly defined and you are able to get the training you need to improve your skills.

Generous benefits, including tuition reimbursement - they also spend time making sure that the employees work on their work life balance through vacation and other allotted time off.

Cons

This is hard to say, since I enjoy working for them. They work hard on innovation but I think there could be better communications between the different BU's.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the front line employee's as they are the ones that matter. Provide the tools that they need to take things to the next level - don't stop trying to make things better and improve on the old.

Mar 20, 2017 – Project Specialist

Wow - thank you for the amazing review of ADP Allentown and your Sales position. We appreciate the thoughtful and comprehensive review. It's employees like yourself that help ADP to continuously ... More

2. "Good Company overall"

I worked at ADP full-time

Pros

- Good work environement
    - Good work load

Cons

- Recruiting unqualified employee
    - high school level

3. "ADP Retirement Services - Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Retirement Services District Manager in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Retirement Services District Manager in Allentown, PA

I have been working at ADP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ADP Retirement Services is the most dynamic and educational workplace I have ever worked at. They go above and beyond to make sure that everyone feels fully supported and management makes every opportunity to educate their introductory employees.

This is the first sales environment that truly takes a team approach to the sales process. Everyone helps each other close deals and learn how to improve their process. If you're looking for a job where you can learn and move up in the business in a friendly and welcoming environment definitely consider applying to any openings in retirement services.

Additionally, the compensation structure is great for anyone who is self-motivated and able to adapt to a dynamic sales process.

Cons

This is a sales position. I'm not saying that as a negative but if you're not a self-motivated person that is willing to adapt to meet the needs of your clients then you're not going to be successful in any sales position (including this one).

Mar 20, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the great analysis and insight into your ADP experience. Great of the ADP culture. Thanks again. #hellowork

"Client Service Poor"

Current Employee - Client Services in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ADP full-time

Pros

PAID TIME OFF from date of hire

Cons

Client Service Has high turnover rate
    service training below average
    large company with no bonuses for client service

6. "Great First Sales Job"

Former Employee - District Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Successful reps can get a great high paying sales job after a few years

Cons

Low pay, commodity sale, unprofessional culture

Advice to Management

Less partying and more focus on strategic selling

7. "Challenging but rewarding"

Current Employee - District Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - District Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You'll work extremely hard your first year, but the rewards are worth it. There's great work/life balance; you're free to set your own schedule. Management is excellent and is happy to talk with you about where you want your career to go.

Cons

I wish we received residuals for clients - I deal with a lot of customer service issues on a daily basis and it would be nice to be rewarded for keeping clients happy.

Mar 13, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the commentary of our Nashville ADP location.

"Product Manager"

I worked at ADP full-time

Pros

Agile CoE, Motivated leadership, Competitive compensation

Cons

Lack of support for growth of team

Mar 27, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review.

9. "An amazing place to grow your career!"

Current Employee - Client Support Specialist in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Client Support Specialist in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at ADP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you want to continue to grow your career and you are ready to work hard, ADP is a great place to start!

- Hiring process was very fast, faster than any other corporate job I've ever applied to. I got an offer within less than two weeks. Other companies I had to sometimes wait even months just for a rejection message.

- Friendly associates and the atmosphere with management is very open. I never felt nervous asking questions to my manager, let alone to my manager's manager. The company gives off a big family vibe and feels less hierarchal.

- Elk Grove Village has a building with many amenities: cafeteria, fitness center, and Wellness center where you can get many doctoral needs addressed.

- Information is very thorough. If you have any questions, you are likely to find the answers on the employee website. If you can't, you also have an option to send an online message to the correct department for their expertise.

- Benefits for both part time and full time employees. Enrolling in them is simple, thanks to the websites newly designed layouts.

- Lots of opportunities for employees to make an impact in the company as well as corporate discount programs.

Cons

- While the information is thorough and greatly organized, there is a lot of it and can be discouraging to new hires. I won't say this is really a con, but I can see this as a potential cause for an employee feeling overwhelmed.

- 14 weeks of new hire training. Again, this is not really a con because it is necessary to learn about the programs we use. Some parts of the training are dry and some are engaging.

- Minor con, but I wish there was more than 1 day of volunteer paid time off. I love to know I am making a difference not just in the business but also on a personal level. There are many volunteer activities I'd love to participate in like I did before my employment here, but now I feel limited when their policy is only a single day.

Advice to Management

No advice to give currently. You guys are fantastic, and I am having an amazing experience so far!

Mar 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Wow! Thank you for the evaluation of your onboarding process, that information is pertinent and valuable to us. Also we are glad you are loving your job so much. We appreciate the transparency and ... More

10. "ADP"

Current Employee - Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fantastic company and growth within the organization! 99% of leadership is hired from within.

Cons

High quota/high pressure, but the pay is definitely worth it. If you can stand the heat...get out of the kitchen.

Advice to Management

None

Mar 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the review.

11. "District Sales Manager"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company toi work for with the right boss

Cons

It all depends on your boss

Mar 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thanks for the insightful review.

Showing 4,711 of 4,880 reviews