ADP Reviews | Glassdoor

4,898 reviews

Full-time Part-time

4,898 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life Balance leaves a bit to be desired (in 174 reviews)

• No work life balance and hectic work schedule (in 56 reviews)

1. "Payroll Clerk"

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Champaign, IL

Pros

Work from home with different morning start hours
    My boss is a great guy who shows affection (got sick called 911) and tells me how well I have done.

Cons

ready for this ?
    I was hired and did training with Google Hangouts
    I get my pay in a wire from Western Union or Money Gram
    My boss has not been paid
    Hired my mother... shes owed
    Hired my friend and shes not gotten ANY pay.. At least my mom got partial pay.
    I am told the accounting dept is having payment issues
    I print and do way more than my mom and my friend, ( compare and 65 shipments to their 2) but yet I put and invest my money in it and am not paid for my supplies or wages. Trust me I dont just copy/paste the information from my email. There are a lot of mistakes I catch and so does FedEx. But they know how hard I work. The accounting dept really needs to pay my boss and
    Even a few others are thinking : "what is really going on? Why cant we get paid ON TIME ?"

Advice to Management

Start paying the little people who make your checks and ship them. Keep their pay promises on the days we are to be paid. I know I am expendable and so I am being honest. I really dont understand why its being wired to me and I have asked over and over again, why? Thats more costly The FedEx account had issues as well... So i am not sure about how legit my job really is, and I am sorry for that ... :(

May 22, 2017 – Project Specialist

Hello - please visit - https://jobs.adp.com/fraud-alert/ --- this does not sound like a legit ADP job, but rather a fraudulent job scam. Thank you.

2. "Technical and Application Management Specialist"

Former Employee - Technical and Applications Management Specialist in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best place to work here

Cons

Not any during my 5 years at ADP

3. "Payroll Specialist"

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Brand, values associates, gym, credit union, and cafeteria

Cons

Commute is bad during rush hours

Apr 17, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thanks for the review and rating of ADP in Alpharetta.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ADP has a great work atmosphere.

Cons

Upper Management doesn't care about employees over dollars.

Apr 10, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thanks for the great review!

6. "Sales"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Solid company does right by sales people. Vision of senior leadership is clearly communicated . Lots of internal opportunity for career advancement . Senior leaders are doing what is needed for ADP to remain competitive in market.

Cons

Implementation and Service struggle from time to time and that can be frustrating for sales and our clients. ADP will always work to eventually make it right

Advice to Management

Keep products innovative

Apr 17, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the honest review. Great insights.

7. "Just ok"

Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at ADP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It use to be a nice place to work

Cons

They never stop and think about the people that are doing the work to get them their bonuses

May 22, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the feedback on ADP Dallas.

8. "Good Company"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Invest in their associates

Cons

Big Company slow to change

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!

Apr 17, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the evaluation of ADP. You're review and rating is used to help us improve our HR goals. It is appreciated.

9. "SBS IS Account Executive"

Current Employee - Associate Insurance Account Executive in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Associate Insurance Account Executive in Allentown, PA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are so welcoming when you come on board and are there throughout your entire experience there. Benefits are great. PTO time received is amazing compared to other companies as a whole. The job is decently fun(because of the people), it's satisfying only if you work your behind off to bring in the sales you work for. If you're making sales and making money, you're good.

Cons

Depending on team, location and business unit, if you didn't sell you were looked down upon by management and not talked to, if you sold and hit your KPI's, and brought money in you were treated normally, if anything better because you "brought money in". Understandable in a sales position job, but at the same time wouldn't you question why you are NOT treated with the same type of respect if you had a off sales period? I also personally disagree with some of the daily operations of this position. In this specific business unit, also at least in my department, there was a daily goal of hitting "100 points" this 100 point system would represent your KPI. 1 point per dial, 15 points per quote, 10 points per business sold, and 1 Hour of talk time would equal to 10 points. My first question on this KPI structure was, why is selling and getting a deal receive lower points than simply sending them a quote? Surely in insurance services obtaining a quote was dependent on the small business operations, but it wasn't the hardest part of the job, the job was to sell the quote and if you sold it, you receive a lower KPI point grade from actually sending out the quote. If you send a quote and don't sell it, that 15 points goes down the drain. I recently had my best selling month at the company selling a littler over 20K in small business services, which for a new comer seemed pretty freaking awesome. At least until the end of the month where they reviewed your average 100 point day scores with you, my average for my best selling month was at 94, below the acceptable "100" and all I could simply say to myself was "I feel like I'm being looked down upon because of my average KPI number, and not being "looked up" upon what actual money I brought in to the company" yeah sure for a multi-billion dollar company, 20k was pocket change, but I simply told myself that I had just proven this KPI structure was not true to its full extent being that I was one of the highest selling producer on my team but being frowned upon because I didn't follow a KPI grading system? It felt like a corrupt corporate system. If you have individuals bringing money into your company, are you going to question why didn't hit a certain KPI requirement? Or are you going to ask them how do we continue to bring this type of money, and some, in to the company?

Advice to Management

Cut the crap that doesn't matter to the individuals, lock down on each producer and make them great, don't look down upon them if they have a few mistakes, figure out what they are by working together, fix it, and make it better. Stop dwelling on stupid 100 point days and a corrupt KPI grading structure, that should not be telling you the performance of your producers. Management alone should be able to see the performance of their producers, and not have to rely on a KPI grading structure to help them evaluate performance.

May 1, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for this comprehensive review and insights into your role within the sales organization. We will share with our HR teams and wish you much success as you continue your career with ADP.

"Overall happy I worked for ADP. Treated well but a few caveats"

Former Employee - Infrastructure and Operations Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Infrastructure and Operations Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work from home often
    Pay was good
    401k match 6% dollar for dollar
    Overtime paid well
    Top 50 company to work for in IT

Cons

Redundant IT case work. Lack of communication or direction from multiple levels of middle management.

Never traveled or was given option to travel once (I'm sure it was frozen)

Work location was given the axe. People were laid off including myself for the company trying to reorganize their location strategy. While others were able to stay.. seemed unfair in some cases and like the company didn't care anywhere near enough about us

Advice to Management

When implementing a relocation strategy, instead of laying off hundreds or thousands why not build or lease a new facility nearby or offer complete work from home? Then allow travel quarterly or annually at least to new locations so people can meet face to face and pay that air fare instead of severance

Apr 7, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for your review and suggestions. We will share your review with our HR leaders and hopefully we can implement some of the changes you have suggested.

11. "Major Accounts DM"

Current Employee - Major Accounts District Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Major Accounts District Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at ADP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ADP offers phenomenal sales training and onboarding programs as well as benefits. ADP also has annual client revenue retention rate of more than 90% and an average client tenure of 11 years (this speaks very highly of the company and what our client's think about the products and services we offer them)

Cons

I currently have zero cons regarding ADP

Apr 7, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for this review! We are glad you are loving your experience @ ADP Knoxville.

Showing 4,898 of 5,076 reviews