ADP Reviews in Sacramento, CA | Glassdoor

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ADP CEO Carlos A. Rodriguez
Carlos A. Rodriguez

Pros
  • Work life balance for the majority of the year is excellent (in 415 reviews)

• Able to work from home three days out of the week (in 197 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance leaves a bit to be desired (in 173 reviews)

• No work life balance and hectic work schedule (in 55 reviews)

1. "Great First Sales Job"

Former Employee - District Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Successful reps can get a great high paying sales job after a few years

Cons

Low pay, commodity sale, unprofessional culture

Advice to Management

Less partying and more focus on strategic selling

ADP Response

Apr 3, 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for the commentary on your time with ADP.

"Former Sales District Manager- Would Not Work Here Again"

Former Employee - District Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate American Company, good name to have on resume, fun team events, decent salary, great healthcare coverage, 401k and stock options.

Cons

Realize in sales you are just a number to the corporation. ADP is old company and not as flexible as startups and smaller companies. I did not have a good work life balance (but this all depends on the manager you have). All perks come with strings attached. Disgusting building in a bad part of Sacramento with old desks. I had to clean my desk my first day. Most employees are looking for jobs after year one at ADP; high turnover of sales employees. Half of service team was let go and their jobs outsourced to India while I was there. Biggest complaint is that my customers weren't happy with the product after I sold it to them and that I couldn't help customers with the problems they had.

Advice to Management

Realize you are working with people, not numbers. Practice "one ADP" in Sacramento. Don't be so "corporate" and get to know the people you work with... they might be more engaged. Make sure your managers show up on time and are available for each member on the team.

3. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Senior Client Services Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Client Services Representative in Sacramento, CA

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great training, hours were good. Management was willing to listen to our suggestions on how to better the call center environment.

Cons

They moved customer service to another state and opened another call center in India. The location is now closing in Sacramento.

Advice to Management

You should pay more attention to the long term employee's, they have lots of info to provide, just need someone to listen to them.

"Senior District Manager / Elite Preformer"

Current Employee - Elite Preformer in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Elite Preformer in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome Management, culture, trip incentives, and training. Strongest product in Marketplace. Good benefits, discounted high preforming stock bonuses, company car, gas card, iPad, comp & cell.

Cons

It takes time to be given or creat your own opportunities that produce a give high enough lead volume to be very successful. ADP's comp plan is rough during first year, and you'll get med device trying to recruit you weekly with a higher base, but if you stick with it, it starts to pay out.
    Stock Bonus's take 2 years to mature - lame

Advice to Management

Overall very sat w Management

5. "It was pretty good."

Current Employee - District Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at ADP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reason was to get sales experience. They have a good training program that shows you how to fit your personality to the sales process.

I had a good time for the almost year I was there and would recommend it to anyone right out of college who wants to get some good experience.

Cons

The worst part about the job was being in the office Friday for no reason other than to send emails and talk. It is an outside sales role.

It's was ok but not what I would want to do forever.

Advice to Management

Weed the good from the bad out and let them be if they surpass quota by a big margin.

"Associate District Manager"

Former Employee - Associate District Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Associate District Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great sales experience for your first job out of college. Recruiters will be contacting you nonstop the second you change your Linkedin profile to say that you work at ADP. Companies know that ADP has a sold sales training program and they want to recruit people with our specific experience. I'm happy that I was able to push myself enough to have a year at this company under my belt since it has lead me to much better, higher paying opportunities.

Cons

Constant micromanagement, even though upper management will swear that they do not micromanage. Upward mobility is difficult. Extremely high turnover- in the year that I worked there, at least half of the office turned over. The pay is very low for how hard they push the reps and how much pressure/stress we are constantly under. If you are not hitting your quota you feel like an outcast, but if you hit your quota the next month, you are suddenly noticed again.

Advice to Management

Try not to micromanage your First-year reps so much- It ultimately pushes them away and drives them to search for other opportunities within another company.

7. "Good company that ultimately chooses larger profits over lasting employees"

Current Employee - Client Relations Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Client Relations Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

As a company there are not many stronger than ADP. They are very forward thinking with a constant eye on progress. They are constantly looking for ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper. This is why they are the industry leader and continue to grow. As an employee I was fortunate to spend the better part of the last ten years employed by them.

Cons

The battle to do things for less sometimes causes you to choose the cheaper option rather than the quality option. Money wasn't always spent on the best tools for employees to do their jobs. A lot of down time was spent because of the inadequate tools provided to employees (crashed computers, non functioning printers, etc.) Our business was very seasonal and during the busy season we were not always provided with the proper resources to service our clients forcing us to not deliver on quality our clients deserve. Better, faster, cheaper gets shortened to faster and cheaper, not always better. When the main reason clients come to you is your price, it's usually a good sign that quality isn't a focus.

Advice to Management

The division I worked in had a different divisional president almost annually during my time. Each one had a new idea for how things should work. This constant change was hard to keep up with and often was very ineffective. I liken it to a professional football team changing head coaches every season.

"Great stepping stone to your next job"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good compensation, good training program, opportunity for growth within, biggest company in it's industry (also a catch 22), company continues to grow

Cons

poor management at local level, absolute burnout job, disengaged co-workers (and sometimes management), your territory is NOT your territory - constantly battle within your own company to sell your products/services, full of dishonest reps

Advice to Management

Don't micro manage via email so much, lower your pricing in Resource or enhance the service

9. "Good but not Great"

Current Employee - District Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good money, great training, fun place

Cons

not much room for growth and no loyalty

Advice to Management

Treat the Employees better and be more honest

10. "Toxic local environment in Sacramento and the Bay Area"

Current Employee - Major Accounts in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Major Accounts in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Name recognition (although, they do have a really bad reputation for customer service in many divisions). National resources

Cons

Very poor local and regional sales management that have a churn and burn attitiude toward anyone in sales positions. Good ol' "boys" network. Be wary of management members that "eat their young" and will mow you down for a few dollars in sales revenue. If you like telemarketing and getting "good" leads for your sales manager to take over and botch your sales process this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Stop selling the benefits of "employee engagement" and outsourcing HR services until you can figure out how to treat your own employees with respect and invest in making ADP a positive place to work. Additionally, why not use the great cloud technology and integrated features for the ADP workforce instead of just saving the good stuff for your clients?

Showing 13 of 5,176 reviews