ADS "men and women" Reviews | Glassdoor

ADS Employee Reviews about "men and women"

Updated Jun 21, 2019

Found 68 reviews

3.9
Jason Wallace
Pros
Cons
  • "New HR department claims to protect employees however that remains to be seen(in 4 reviews)

• "ask about how many sexual harassment complaints have been logged in the last 5 years(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "men and women"

Return to all Reviews

"A Great Place to Work."

I have been working at ADS full-time

Pros

We service the best customers in the world - men and women in uniform. The culture and atmosphere is great. The company is growing.

Cons

People stay with the company for long periods of time which makes it challenging to progress quickly.

ADS2018-02-01

"Best Place In VB to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at ADS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Few companies have such a strong purpose. We support the men and women who defend our country. It makes coming to work much more meaningful. I appreciate the efforts to the make the company better. They are never satisfied with the status quo.

Cons

ADS is a small company so it can be difficult to quickly promote. You have to be patient, work hard, and wait for an opportunity to promote. People are typically in a role for 3-4 years before they advance to the next position.

Advice to Management

Overall I am very happy with the management. Ensuring the employees know why a decision was made is important. Sometimes decisions are made without much communication.

ADS2018-01-22

ADS Response

May 16, 2018Digital Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We pride ourselves on working for the men and women serving this country. Happy you're apart of it as well.

"Clear up misinformed reviews"

Current Employee - Sales in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at ADS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been at ADS for a couple of years now and find these recent reviews to be total crap! This is an absolutely great place to work and the digs that the individual(s) are taking in the last few negative reviews are obviously from someone who is a disgruntled former employee. While yes, ADS is not perfect, the company as a whole has always done what is right by the individuals who make this place great. The organization...

Cons

NONE. Be reasonable in your expectations if you're going to work for the best in the business. Late hours and long travel sometimes comes with the territory but I will attest that the leadership team does what is right for the individuals who put in the effort required for the job.

Advice to Management

Keep making the changes and putting forth the effort to make this place a great environment to work in.

ADS2018-01-08

"8+ yrs and going strong!"

I have been working at ADS

Pros

The mission of ADS is to support government service men and women with their needs everyday. This is a mission that gives you a real sense of purpose and satisfaction throughout the day. You know you are making an impact in someone's life and helping them with whatever challenges they are facing. This can be as simple as sending out a pair of boots that are more comfortable for a soldier or as sophisticated as a mobile...

Cons

The work is challenging and, on some teams, extremely fast-paced. ADS isn't for everyone, but if you like solving problems and thinking outside of the box then it could be the right fit.

ADS2016-06-03

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at ADS for more than 8 years

Pros

-Love everything they stand for, protecting our brave men and women. -Free to be creative

Cons

Long hours in the month of September

ADS2016-06-03
    • "Great People at a Great Company!"

I have been working at ADS

Pros

-Getting to come to work everyday and support the men and women serving our country. -Awesome group of people to work with - everyone is creative, hardworking, and a lot of fun. -Exciting business that is constantly growing and open to new ideas. -Great atmosphere and lots of opportunity for development.

Cons

-We work really hard and do it at a fast-pace so this definitely isn't the place for someone looking to just collect a paycheck. -The company is very agile which means we can get a lot done quickly but it can also mean we don't always have a process laid out step by step for everything so you have to be willing to come up with your own solutions - with the help of your team and managers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! You have created a great place to work and I am so happy to be a part of it.

ADS2016-06-06