ADT Security Services Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
ADT Security Services CEO Tim Whall
Tim Whall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits and definitely room for growth (in 130 reviews)

• ADT offers very competitive wages to all employees along with great benefits (in 92 reviews)

Cons
  • Pace of operations leaves little time for work life balance (in 44 reviews)

• Created more busy work that didnt help sales or sales reps (in 78 reviews)

1. "A company that cares nothing about you"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Able to manage your own schedule (somewhat).

Cons

-Expected to make over 250 cold calls per week. Usually to the same people over and over because ADT doesn’t provide good sales force leads.
    -expected to attend a “call day” every Tuesday to call potential customers over and over again at a time they are at work. Pointless.
    -Upper leadership is more so concerned with numbers and spreadsheets than they actually care about customers.
    Sales Managers are the most poorly treated in the company. Pathetic compensation. Long hours. Typically are more intelligent than their “superiors”.

Advice to Management

PAY YOUR SALES MANAGERS. A $38,000 base AT BEST is laughable considering the amount of work SM’s do. With unattainable goals that typically are withheld until the end of the year anyway (how do you work towards a goal that you don’t even know exists ) is nearly impossible. Stop being a “Churn and Burn “ company. If you pay you sales managers appropriately there wouldn’t be nearly as much turnover.

2. "lead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

hard to find any pros at all

Cons

The poor management , ceo Tim Whall of the company is fake doesnt care ..p1 merger ruined the adt brand.. work the day after thanksgiving.

Advice to Management

listen to the ppl actually doing the work

"CSG Rep"

Former Employee - Arc Representative in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Arc Representative in Knoxville, TN

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great great great great pay

Cons

Terrible benefits, terrible insurance costs, impossible to hit metrics

Advice to Management

Don't do it

Dec 1, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Coordinator

We're sorry to hear of your disappointment with the benefits ADT offers. We're always looking to improve our offerings to our employees as we consider our employees to be our greatest asset.

4. "Not good!"

Former Employee - Commercial Sales Representative in Miramar, FL
    Former Employee - Commercial Sales Representative in Miramar, FL

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As outside sales you can control your own time. Engineers will help you with the proposal.
    Brand recognition.
    Good courses to learn the industry.

Cons

Many things! Just to build a proposal and to get it approve can take several days.
    Salary is very low for all the work you do,
    Operations is very slow after you finally closed a deal, sometimes it takes one month for install.
    Commissions not good, sometimes you have to work on an account for several months to make $600. This means $300 after you sigh the account and the other $300 whenever the customer decide to pay! So in average you only made 50% of your commission.
    Leads? Not everybody gets good potential customers.
    If the customer doesn’t pay you don’t get pay, so all that effort you put into has $0 value.
    Car allowance is only $140 a month!.
    You need to get involve the engineer, the technician, operations, the manager, just to build a proposal that you don’t even know you will closed.
    Prices are super high compering with the competition.
    So far the lowest salary I made in 25 years.
    When I was 19 I was making more money!

Advice to Management

Get involve. I never see management taking care of the real problems the offices have. Change the comp plan. Deliver fast, not 1 month later.

"Thank You P1 for ruining ADT"

Current Employee - Residential & Small Business Service Technician in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work vehicle that you can take home.

401k.

Tools you need are provided and paid by the company.

Cannot think of anything else....

Cons

Everything else you could think of. Ever since the P1 merger and their people have moved it, a hostile work environment has developed at the Wallingford CT office with severe resentment towards lower management as well as upper management. This resentment is coming from GOOD EMPLOYEES too.

As a person nearing 15 years in the resi-service department, I had plans to retire here at ADT. That has completely gone down the drain, and morale has dropped so bad that most of us wish we would get canned so we can move on. It's not the job. It's the management. Most of us have been here for years so it's hard to leave because we feel we should not have to due to the walking on eggshells environment that has developed, but HR is useless here.

The "metrics" that we are held to every day via multiple emails from management is meant to set you up for failure, and even if you're top in your department, exceeding your expectations is not good enough to get this horrible management team off your back. It really is that bad.

There is no more holiday party, no summer picnics, and the vending machines have been removed from our break room in an effort to save costs.

Advice to Management

I know a rep from ADT reads these. Tell Tim Whall that I hope he chokes the day he sells the company in 4 years which we know is his plan. He has ruined a once good company. Congratulations.

Dec 1, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We encourage all employees to discuss their workplace concerns with their manager. Our employees are of the utmost importance to us, and if you wish to provide us with... More

"Custom Home Security and Surveillance sales Sales"

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time

Pros

Ability to make good money if you are creative and can navigate the layers of management to find those knowlegable enough to get the job done properly.

Cons

Disorganized, micro managing, lacking proper training programs and support systems.

Advice to Management

Take a look at Richard Brandon's philosophy on managing people.

Nov 22, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Coordinator

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. We encourage all of our employees to discuss these situations with upper-level management and HR as our employees... More

"Don't bother to waste your time"

Former Employee - Installation Technician in Westwood, MA
    Former Employee - Installation Technician in Westwood, MA

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hard to dig for the pros, but have met interesting and engaging customers. Good dental and vision benefits

Cons

Where to start... ADT hires the most incompetent and unqualified line management possible. These managers are bullies and numbers driven. The managers have zero field experience and don't understand how technology and electronics work. They have zero desire to see how the installation technicians do their job and never leave the home office to understand how the job works. They only desire to achieve their blessed numbers. Their sole goal is to make sure that all policies and procedures are met in a timely fashion in spite of federal and state labor laws. ADT's own policies regarding minimum qualifications are never followed; therefore, are managed by people who are not qualified to do the Installation Technician position by the lone be a manager. Management states on Facebook he hates his job and wants to go drink. Hmm, not sure this is how I prefer to be led. I have been in the field long enough to know I don't want to be led by idiot like this. I surrendered today.

Advice to Management

How about you lead by example and understand how the technology and electronic field works. Further there's more to installing alarms than placing devices on the wall and walking away. I hate bullies and I despise how the new system works. Further removing money and incentives to make us work harder will not work. Breaking Federal and State labor law s will not help your cause. Also working until 1-
     PM does not assist you with any gratitude, they only expect more. Don't drink the Kool Aid. Avoid working for ADT at all costs.

Nov 15, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Coordinator

Thank you for leaving an honest review about ADT's management. We strive to provide our employees with an environment where they feel heard. If you would be interested in providing us more... More

"Run away!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a job not a career, good stepping stone to another security company

Cons

Poor customer service, constant conflict between sales and operations

Advice to Management

focus on the customer

"Very Close to worst job I ever had."

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing I repeat nothing good about company

Cons

No salary, 100% commission. Non existent Management

Advice to Management

Offer a salary, get higher quality people

Nov 8, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Coordinator

We're sorry to hear of your disappointment with the pay/benefits ADT offers. We're always looking to improve our offerings to our employees as we consider our employees to be our greatest asset.... More

"Glad I left."

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Being out doors, benifits, feeling like you your own boss

Cons

It was terrible beware of swingshift supervisor he was not professional targeting woman. Pay was low.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees more because not being in the field you never know what's going on but obviously it don't matter.

Showing 416 of 1,848 reviews