ADT Security Services Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ADT Security Services CEO Tim Whall
Tim Whall

Pros
  • Good money, good benefits, fun environment (in 117 reviews)

• great company great benefits and willing to be patient (in 71 reviews)

Cons
  • Zero work life balance which makes like difficult for a single parent (in 35 reviews)

• Created more busy work that didnt help sales or sales reps (in 73 reviews)

1. "Com. Only Resi Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping to secure lives
    Flexible schedule
    Paid weekly

Cons

GM focused on sales volume rather than quality of clients
    Lack of professionalism
    Poor tracking of commissionable sales
    Late evening appointments
    Saturday appointments
    Call nights

Advice to Management

To Senior Management: Improve the long term outlook of the company by aiming to acquire good quality clients while reducing existing customer attrition.
    Reduce technician attrition by improving the morale of your skilled technicians.
    Appreciate them instead of making derogatory comments about them.

2. "Extremely high turnover especially in Custom Home division."

Former Employee - Custom Sales Manager in Northeast, NY
    Former Employee - Custom Sales Manager in Northeast, NY

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent product. Lots of smart and talented people. Especially at the District level. They are the people who plug the leaks and do their best under awful conditions and minimal training and support.

Cons

Unbelievably poor leadership at the Vice President level. Fake culture and fake news throughout the company. When employees speak freely it is quite sad.

Advice to Management

Be great leaders who have the courage to manage up as hard as you manage down the food chain. Hiding the realties of the front lines or ignoring them yourselves, serves no one.

Mar 20, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for writing your review regarding ADT's management. Our employees are very valuable to us, and we're always looking to make improvements as a company and as an employer.

"Work/life balance a joke"

Current Employee - Resi Sales
    Current Employee - Resi Sales

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leads are there, compensation is adequate.

Cons

You have no life as an outside sales rep. You are expected to work from 8 am to 9 pm 6 days a week upwards of 70 hours. If you choose to work 40 hrs it is frowned upon and made to feel like you arent doing enough. Many of the team building admin days and nights are mandatory. You cant simply say, I have put in over 60 hours this week, I will not be participating. Overworked, driven like cattle, treated like children, micromanaged, and underpaid. No wonder the turn around is non stop.

Advice to Management

If you preach work life balance, honor it. Many more quality reps would stay put.

Mar 14, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

We appreciate your review and feedback. At ADT, we look to ensure successful careers for all employees. We hope to challenge our colleagues at every step in their career and provide them with the ... More

"Read before applying"

Former Employee - Emergency Dispatch Operator in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Emergency Dispatch Operator in Knoxville, TN

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health benefits, healthy rewards, the on site cafeteria is really good.

Cons

Management. Okay, I quit in 2015 but it still bothers me how I was treated and I make sure that I let EVERYONE know what happened to me while I was there.
    I started this job and I loved it, I learned quickly and I was very good at my job. I was always in 1st or second place for my stats, never had a customer complaint. My partner at the time was hired as well because one of their parents worked there so it was easy for them to get a job (it's all about who you know) long story short, I was admitted to the hospital for a week and I had to go on FMLA, per my doctor because it was not safe for me to be there or around my now ex partner. I brought in all of the correct documents, my doctor actually spoke to HR. Everything was good on the HR front.

When I came back after a month, the managers bullied me out of my job. Their exact words about my ex partner who put me in the hospital was "they aren't going anywhere so maybe this isn't the job for you, maybe you should resign" they would take me in an office almost everyday and say that to me. Instead of just keeping the person away from me. They were friends with my ex partners parent so they were essentially bulling me out of a job, to please their friend. One of them wasn't my manager, it was the parents manager. They ganged up on me and bullied me out of a job. After, all of the personal things I was going through, I couldn't handle another second of negativity at work when I went there and gave my all, so I never returned.

Advice to Management

I feel like I said enough in the above paragraph.

Mar 3, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review, as we take these reviews very seriously. We are very sorry for your experience. We try to provide our employees with a comfortable and productive atmosphere where no one ... More

"Too many changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time

Pros

There really aren't very many anymore.

Cons

Removing commission and replacing with hourly, removing weekly pay and replacing with bi-weekly (to accommodate Protection 1's pay schedule), losing management and refusing to replace, removing overtime regardless of customer demand, then making it mandatory at later dates, unsafe vehicles that cause medical issues, unwilling to compensate employees during slow months regardless of performance during busy months, no incentives for extra effort, complete disconnect between field operations and upper management, "if you don't like it there's the door" mentality literally stated to employees. This company treats everyone not in upper management as a number, a tool that can be tossed out.

Advice to Management

Learn how to be leaders and not bosses. Support your staff, realize that you work for your employees. Reward those who deserve it, coach and guide those who need it. Managers who can't adapt to THAT mentality should be shown the same courtesies they have shown their employees.

Mar 3, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for writing your review. We are sorry to hear of your disappointment, but appreciate you voicing your concern. Our ADT employees are very valuable to us, and we're always looking to make ... More

7. "Service Technician"

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time

Pros

Benefits, team work, take-home truck, some independence

Cons

Management micro manages, all about numbers, customers above everything. Low morale

Advice to Management

If you don't take care of your people, the customers will suffer

8. "Corporate sales consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Staff, flexibility staff staff staff

Cons

Turnover rate, Commission plan and growth.

Advice to Management

Stay away from door to door sales. It devalues your product. Today's society any allegations can be made from a potential customer accusing a sales rep of liability.

Feb 23, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for writing your review. Our ADT employees are very valuable to us, and we're always looking to make improvements as a company and as an employer. To help ensure personal and professional ... More

"Beware. ADT is now Protection 1"

Current Employee - FSC in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - FSC in Aurora, CO

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This WAS great job. Fair policies , good starting pay, but now all they do is micro manage you to death.

Cons

Protection 1 bought out ADT and things are starting to change. Less starting pay, new policies, stats are much harder to for agents succeed which makes it more difficult to get an annual increase. New customer service goals that are completely un reasonable. Be prepared to feel like your doing a great job and then be told by management that your not good enough.

Advice to Management

Rethink your current policies. It's causing high turnover.

Feb 17, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We encourage all employees to discuss their workplace concerns with their manager. Our employees are of the utmost importance to us, and if you wish to provide us with ... More

10. "Outside Sales"

Pros

Used to be great place to be a sales rep. Still the leader in its industry. Great brand recognition.
    Many offices

Cons

They push a 'run your own business' mentality but have you locked up in their system of micromanagement marketing. Door knocking and telemarketing is dominant.
    Constantly harassing, demeaning, and humiliating through conference calls, meetings and emails

Advice to Management

If they only stay out of way and let salespeople actually 'run their own business' it would be great
    Let go senior sales Vp and managers, they are ruining the company. Start with bold fresh message and style. Will definitely keep the best talent

Feb 14, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern. We encourage all of our employees to discuss these situations with upper-level management and HR as our employees ... More

"Great unless Corporate gets involved!"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager Resi in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager Resi in Rochester, NY

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved my job, my team and coworkers.

Cons

Corp does what they want

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and get their input on a situation before making a decision that can ruin someone's life... like you did to me!

Feb 9, 2017 – Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for writing your review & we are sorry to hear of your experience. Our employees are very valuable to us, and we're always looking to make improvements as a company and as an employer. At ... More

Showing 394 of 1,574 reviews