ADT Security Services "install" Reviews | Glassdoor

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews about "install"

Updated Nov 27, 2019

2.8
ADT Security Services CEO Jim DeVries (no image)
Jim DeVries
Pros
  • "Lots of room to move up with the company-Great training-good benefits(in 156 reviews)

• "ADT offers very competitive wages to all employees along with great benefits(in 94 reviews)

Cons
  • "There was pressure to close on deals and force an install date on a potential(in 120 reviews)

• "Need to give a base to sales reps(in 91 reviews)

Reviews about "install"

Return to all Reviews

"Technician"

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company will PAY YOU for hard work. Bi-weekly pay, Bonuses EVERY week if you can manage your time and be productive. Commission on sales made, even as a Technician.

Cons

They are going away from "Install" and "Service" technician titles, so now "A technician is a technician" This stinks for those of us in the industry, but for someone new, they wouldn't care much.

ADT Security Services2018-06-03
  2. "Bullies"

Former Employee - Technician Coordinator

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, holidays off, hour lunch breaks

Cons

There was pressure to close on deals and force an install date on a potential install.

ADT Security Services2019-11-28

"Stay away if you want to get paid"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training is very good and decent training pay. Benefits are good

Cons

Long install time. It take 3+ months to get your clientele built up so you can start making money. Company leads are scarce and inconsistent. Straight commission but you get micro managed like you are on salary. Unethical and dishonest management. I left and am still owed pay and expenses 2 months later

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing and pay your employees and be honest and act with integrity.

ADT Security Services2019-09-23
  4. "Don't do it.. you'll thank me later"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay at best is okay

Cons

ADT has one of the most shadiest business practices I've ever seen. Everything from having 3rd party contractors install the alarm system keeping the customer confused to its annual rate increases without letting the customer know. ADT is by far the worst place I have ever had the misfortune of working at.

Advice to Management

Maybe if you actually listened to your employees things wouldn't be so horrible there.

ADT Security Services2019-06-13
  5. "Terrible support for employees"

Current Employee - Adt Security Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

work from home mostly; can make money if you hustle

Cons

steals leads and gives them to third party dealers; fight for commissions; little support for employees; installers don't have right parts, middle and upper management are worried about passing the buck

Advice to Management

stop stealing leads and supporting third party dealers, stop phone sellers from selling incorrect systems over the phone

ADT Security Services2019-05-29
  6. "Work all day, and you don't get paid"

Former Contractor - Promotional Consultant in Knoxville, TN

I worked at ADT Security Services for less than a year

Pros

-Was in Downtown/ South Knoxville -Decent chances for promotion - Did have company cars

Cons

- Was only compensated when we made sales, which was rare - Worked all day in the hot sun - Got attacked by a dog, stopped by cops, and threatened by homeowners. -Was upsold by installers which made us look terrible - No benefits

ADT Security Services2019-03-02
  7. "Could be better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and incentives No micro-managing

Cons

Need more install technicians Cold calling

ADT Security Services2018-11-01

"Small Business Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have a good manager and you get some company-provided leads. Casual atmosphere. Enjoyable day-to-day work process. Mostly you are working in the field from home. It's a sales job so for the most part you make of it what you put into it.

Cons

The company as a whole seems very disorganized. I had to start late because someone delayed running my background report. Someone fudged my address so I never got my health HSA card, it was sent to a wrong address. I've never been fully paid my travel benefits because no one seems to know how I am supposed to sign up to receive them. Most questions regarding compensation or benefits involve me becoming a ping pong ball between the HR Manager and my Sales Manager. I am customer service and am expected to hunt down a payment when a customer has a billing issue or a tech problem. The company actively attempts to pay you as little as possible. You don't get a salary in this role, it's commission only. Rather than assigning all phone or internet inquiries to you to help make of for this fact, the company always sells the new system or add-on parts over the phone/online to cut you out of a commission, then the installers complain it was sold all wrong as no one visited the site and couldn't have known what to sell. There is absolutely 0 team atmosphere, no one introduced themselves to me. You get the gist pretty quickly, it's a revolving door and the few veteran sales guys aren't your friends. Everyone is defensive, there are only a few team players holding down the fort. There is a ton of fishy business with who gets what company-provided leads and why. The sales rep that has been there for over 10 years gets 3x more leads than anyone else, and you aren't supposed to talk about it or ask questions, you won't get an answer. It's tough to compete in this role with such an increasingly competitive environment in this industry and the company from the top down seems focused on what worked in the past.

Advice to Management

Do more team building efforts. Either pay an hourly wage or provide all leads to your reps fairly rather than doing inefficient phone sales to allow your reps to make a realistic living while building personal relationships with your customers.

ADT Security Services2018-09-26

"Not like the commercials"

Former Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in Melville, NY

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relative freedom, no territories, quick commission payouts

Cons

Baaaad customer service and install department

Advice to Management

Make the install department do their jobs. There's no point in selling a job if it doesn't get installed because an hourly union installer doesn't feel like working today.

ADT Security Services2018-10-10

"Custom Home Sales"

Current Employee - Custom Homes Sales Representative

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Create your own schedule. Good commission rates. Good health insurance rates.

Cons

Local branch management is very out of touch. Appointments flow is very poor and many appointments are a waste of time. Call center makes appointments on wrong day and / or with clients who don't even want appointments. Since it is commission only this is a huge source of frustration. Appointments are made for sales with little to no commission potential then large scale jobs are sold by phone which supposedly isn't supposed to happen. You can sell a job and then the tech can go to do the install and talk the customer out of it and there goes your commission. Expected to get self generated sales but lead flow is very weak and poor. Not what I expected at all. Very disappointed how things are ran. Also the car allowance and mileage system is a joke. The car issue alone has me searching out new job opportunities.

Advice to Management

Give the appointments to sales professionals instead of being sold over the phone if you want to keep good commission only sales people. PLEASE train NSC better. Appointments can be a real mess frequently.

ADT Security Services2018-10-04