AECOM "urs" Reviews | Glassdoor

AECOM Employee Reviews about "urs"

Updated Sep 19, 2019

3.3
AECOM CEO Michael S. Burke
Michael S. Burke
1,802 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "Limited support from upper management(in 150 reviews)

• "After 5 years of working to integrate URS into AECOM they just notified everyone that the company is breaking off(in 124 reviews)

Reviews about "urs"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Exceptional Company"

Former Employee - Document Control Specialist in Stockton, UT

I worked at AECOM full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I worked for URS Corporation that was bought out by AECOM. The pay and benefits were incredible! The work atmosphere was relaxed and progress was always rewarded. The safety program was above and beyond a normal work site. Great place to work!

Cons

Some of the middle management were power-hungry and did not know how to be good supervisors.

AECOM2018-02-21

"The Bottom Line Is All That Matters"

Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people that came from former URS are good people

Cons

AECOM is in the business of cannibalizing companies and only the bottom line matters. Turn over is very high at the company and salary/benefits are low. The company is very top heavy and there is not an even spread of senior management & younger entry level/ middle positions.

Advice to Management

Focus on your employees, they work hard for you and are not dispensable.

AECOM2019-09-19

"Constant change of companies"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good experience for workers I guess

Cons

After 5 years of working to integrate URS into AECOM they just notified everyone that the company is breaking off...

Advice to Management

Stop throwing employee lives into disarray so you can make more money

AECOM2019-06-20

"Not URS Anymore"

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people to work with in the office and the field.

Cons

Since AECOM acquired URS, the focus of the company seems to be more profit driven than project driven.

Advice to Management

Revisit the company goals and provide incentives for all employees to improve upon product deliverables and customer satisfaction. The company will be nowhere without its customers. Also, start matching 401Ks again.

AECOM2018-08-18

"Love my job...that's about it"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working for URS Corp (now part of AECOM) has given me the opportunity to do what I love.

Cons

I have been here for three years - my manager doesn't know my job or even where my office is located. I have literally received one performance evaluation, and had to request a face to face after the project manager had already marked my profile as complete (which calls ethics into question...). I am expected to jump at the first request, but cannot get my employee profile updated with a degree that I have had for... three years, or certifications that I have completed in the last two. There is no communication unless there is a problem, and they don't care what the employee is dealing with. It is a terrible experience and honestly if I didn't absolutely love my job, I would tell them that and leave. N.B. - I have read a lot of reviews about AECOM itself - but I think that my particular experience is not the overall company, but the people at my specific location. Either way, it now carries the AECOM name and logo and the poor management of this location makes the whole company look bad.

Advice to Management

pay attention to your employees - other than if they forget to update their time sheet or someone reports an issue. employees who don't receive guidance and coaching do not know what the expectations are actually evaluate your employees instead of just filling in the blocks to complete a tasker

AECOM2018-07-31
  6. "Exposure, Not Development"

Former Employee - Planner

I worked at AECOM full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exposure to a variety of clients; access to high-profile projects; ability to work across disciplines with the other groups

Cons

Not good at retaining and developing talent; bureaucracy and lack of transparency; still developing culture/business structure post-URS merge.

Advice to Management

Develop a rigorous professional development program to recruit and develop young professionals and keep them interested in AECOM

AECOM2018-06-10
  7. "Electrical Engineer"

I worked at AECOM full-time

Pros

Large challenging projects, great working environment, international exposure.

Cons

Company acquired URS and as the "synergy" between the two was greatly advertised at the beginning of the merger, the actually process was slowly detrimental for the employees, with many of them were let go.

Advice to Management

Care more about employees.

AECOM2018-02-22
  8. "A perfect place for Engineering"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Carbondale, IL

I worked at AECOM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Learns A LOT, from engineering to management to finance to safety to politics. The company "URS Corp" invest in the employee and push them to grow up and excel.

Cons

Extensive travel. Relocation is sometimes mandatory to keep your job. For a married person, it is hard to keep up with.

AECOM2018-02-07

"Senior Technical Editor"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Editor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AECOM full-time for more than a year

Pros

AECOM bought out its rival, URS. The URS employees who stayed through the transition are all very good people.

Cons

Everything that is wrong with Corporate America is represented in AECOM. AECOM puts the almighty dollar way, way, way, way, way, way, way above quality work, employee fairness, and client attention.

Advice to Management

Go see the Wizard and get a heart.

AECOM2018-02-14
  10. "Sr Project Manager"

I have been working at AECOM

Pros

Great place to grow, after some struggles including URS, this company is on the right track now to develop into a real global player providing engineering services world wide.

Cons

Lots of problems with dealing with business software that does not reflect the daily needs of a manager. Company however is aware of this problem, but should move faster finding better working solutions that are relatable and prove the data that is truly needed.

Advice to Management

Being part of management my advice is to all teams to not get frustrated, but to reach out for help more often.

AECOM2017-12-10