AEGIS.net Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Michael Callihan, PMP

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company!"

I have been working at AEGIS.net full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is employee focused! AEGIS.net values quality, hard work, and team culture. Interoperability is a focus and it shows in the employee culture of collaboration.

Cons

No downsides to list at this point.

"Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AEGIS.net full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been employed here now for just over six months and wanted to update my review. AEGIS is the best company I've ever worked for. My co-workers are knowledgeable and friendly.

Everyone is ready to help. I enjoy getting up in the morning and going to work. It's been a long time since I was able to say that.

Cons

There truly aren't any! I've had no issues while working at AEGIS.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you've obviously mastered. Thanks for standing behind your mantra of work/life balance!!!

"Collaborative and Smart Organization"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at AEGIS.net full-time

Pros

*Coworkers are very knowledgeable and responsive
    *Ample time is provided to get the job done so it is done right
    *A real appreciation for delivering quality to the customer
    *Responsive Operations team with genuine regard for it's employees
    *Flexible schedule and able to telework, which both work well for all of team collaborating on tasking together.

Cons

*Various projects running concurrently can sometimes be a challenge but only in being organized and does not detract from working at the company.
    *Lots of email traffic

Advice to Management

*Continue to review existing processes to refine improvements that enhance productivity
    * Empower employees to further understand how they can support the company outside of their current daily tasking.

"A Wonderful Experience with a Wonderful Company!"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at AEGIS.net full-time

Pros

AEGIS.NET truly delivers on their promises. They bill themselves as a family-friendly company and are dedicated to employees maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Company pay is great, and benefits are top-notch. You will not just be an employee number at this company- senior management personally knows all employees. I would still be at AEGIS today if it weren't for a family situation that required I work closer to home.

Cons

Like some other reviewers have mentioned, because AEGIS is a small company, it has the small company "problems" that go along with that. As long as you aren't expecting an instantaneous response, you won't notice this issue.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! You've built an excellent company culture even though employees work at different sites and on different projects.

5. "Great all around company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Pros

AEGIS allows for a work life balance making sure you are able to have time with your family. They provide great benefits and really care about the employees. It is a place where employees truly enjoy going to work.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Health IT Leader - focus on Interoperability"

Current Employee - Subject Matter Expert in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Subject Matter Expert in Rockville, MD

I have been working at AEGIS.net full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AEGIS is clearly a leader in the (Health) IT community, this organization works hard to train, and share its experience in a variety of industries, including Health IT Standards community. Supporting HL7, IHE, OMG, OpenGroup, Sequoia Project and HHS/ONC S&I Framework. From the reviewer perspective AEGIS leverages team member skills to build Pilots like HL7/FHIR WildFHIR and Open Source projects like ConnectOpenSource and others. With a corporate focus on Quality - as a CMMI ML3 and ISO Certified company, AEGIS truly walks-the-walk, and when they talk - it is grounded on proven experience.

Go AEGIS!

Cons

Can not think of any

Advice to Management

Many challenges face small businesses like AEGIS, focus on continuing to keep to the high-road and a proven corporate culture of attracting on the best.

"What a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in Rockville, MD

I have been working at AEGIS.net full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

AEGIS is a very good company for balancing work/life responsibilities. It's one of the only companies I've seen that actually stands true behind the "We're a Family Oriented Company" philosophy. I couldn't imagine trying to balance a full time job and raising children working anywhere else.

Management at AEGIS is a class act. I haven't seen a Management team go above and beyond with employees on both a professional and personal level.

Cons

None come to mind.

"Nice company and great people to work with."

Current Employee - Sys Administrative in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Sys Administrative in Rockville, MD

I have been working at AEGIS.net (More than 3 years)

Pros

At AEGIS, I have found one of the most pleasing aspects is the company's respect for life\work balance. Many of us have families and AEGIS offers excellent flexibility when time is needed for home\life events - expected and unexpected. Many opportunities are available (and encouraged) to improve your skills and grow within your field. Because AEGIS takes a personal stake in my family's well being, I also reciprocate by working the best I can as I feel I have a stake in the company and it's success. The people in the company have always been very nice to me. We are a group of people comprised of very diverse cultures but we all have a common goal with our work ethic and our family happiness. I am always proud when I tell others about the synergy here. It amazes me to know this because I am not the easiest person to work with. As an IT guy I have many quirky personality traits, like many IT guys do. My sense of language and communication skills are a little off-beat and I have a tendency to be a little introverted at times. However, despite these short comings AEGIS has been very gracious and understanding. I have been able to do technical work here that I would not have opportunity to do anywhere else and for that I am grateful. I would recommend AEGIS to anyone who values these things in a company. I consider myself lucky and fortunate to be part of this team.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say here. That might seems unrealistic but the trivial stuff one could say would not be weighty enough for mention.

Advice to Management

Keep on going in the direction you think best and please continue to advocate for the employees and the company.

"Superior Employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at AEGIS.net (More than 3 years)

Pros

Focused on Employees' quality of life and Customers' quality of service; a company that lives up to its promises and Management that goes the extra mile to make sure that happens. One of the few entities, private or public, that invests in its personnel and really promotes work/life balance.

Cons

AEGIS has a very lean support staff, so employees need to exercise some patience on Employer actions occasionally.

Advice to Management

Continue to act on the principles espoused by AEGIS. Strong principles of integrity and quality will lead to continuing success.

"Exciting industry, family focused company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at AEGIS.net full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Health IT is an exciting industry to be apart of. AEGIS's team is breaking new ground with their testing services.
    Flexible and remote work locations allow for better work/family balance. - Work from home!
    Great benefits and perks including certification bonus.

Cons

Slow to complete paperwork for benefits as they use a third party to process. Not a huge problem, but be prepared.

Advice to Management

Streamline on-boarding process.