AEM Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Sharon deMonsabert

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great environment"

I have been working at AEM Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AEM provides a great environment in which to work. The company has high expectations of its employees, however, they are not unreasonable expectations and you are compensated for the effort you put in.

Cons

Being an employee outside of the VA area, it can be difficult to connect at times. They acknowledge and understand this is an issue and are actively making changes to address this.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"A Family Oriented Company"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at AEM Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome group of people to work with and amazing benefits!

Cons

Nothing that I could see!

Advice to Management

Continue to care for your employees as you have already!

3. "Positive environment, subpar salary"

I worked at AEM Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Above par benefits and company events. Especially if you have a family
    Great company for people that are complacent with salary and position
    Generally, positive work atmosphere

Cons

Sub par pay. I almost doubled my salary when I left AEM. No amount of benefits compensate for the low of salary.
    From my experience there, manager preferred to do the work himself and scapegoat employees.
    Company policy is to layoff employees without any prior action and without reason.
    Even though events are great, a lot of the excitement is faked to please the owner.

AEM Corporation Response

May 17, 2017 – CEO and Founder

Thank you for your note. I know we spoke a number of times during your time here, and it’s hard when AEM and an employee are not the right fit for each other. I’m glad that you found a great job that... More

"Develop inter-personally and professionally"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at AEM Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are opportunities to grow and learn at AEM. The challenge is to the seize these opportunities by having relevant skill sets and the right mind set. A person can be surrounded with beautiful art but not see it if they are not willing. AEM will meet you more than halfway, it's the employees responsibility to take initiative.
    There is a sense of family and senior leaderships professional will unrivaled.

Cons

There are no cons that are worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Quarterly reviews to ensure employees goals and job satisfaction is being met.

5. "Great Company"

I have been working at AEM Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Investment in your professional development, 'family' work culture, great benefits, responsive to employee needs. I work with such talented people, who are also willing to serve as mentors and work hard to create quality, timely, products. They are creative and kind.

Cons

Pay could be better for junior-level staff.

6. "Terrific company that allows flexibility"

Pros

AEM allows you to work with the best of the best every day. It has been exciting to work closely with so many people who work hard and are experts in their field. Management is flexible enough to listen to and seek acceptable resolution to any problem, large or small, that you may have. Hands down this has been the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

"STRONGLY DO NOT Recommend Working Here"

Former Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at AEM Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office just expanded and the cubes are nice. The office is quiet and the overall atmosphere is good. The health insurance is excellent.

Cons

Lack of communication among team members and management. This company is not setup for IT specialists or those looking for legitimate government contracts as analysts. The job tasks I was given as an employee were completely the opposite of what I was told when I interviewed for the job. The salary is very low and unacceptable for the DC area. There was no room for growth and no salary increase offered.

Advice to Management

Hire people with better skills and be truthful in your job descriptions - this includes being transparent with salary.

AEM Corporation Response

Aug 15, 2016 – CEO and Founder

Thank you for sharing this feedback. I am sorry that your time at AEM did not work out. I would encourage further thoughts, if you would like, so we can better understand your specific circumstances... More

8. "Great Company Culture"

I have been working at AEM Corporation (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good opportunity for hardworking people. Almost all of your colleagues are competent and excel at what they do -- you'll enjoy working together as a team to meet and exceed the objectives and goals you initially set out for any project you're working on. The overall culture of the company is great, and that starts at the top with generous 401K contributions, bonuses, etc.

Cons

At times, there can be a lack of communication and transparency from leadership for how some decisions are made. This is often overlooked when things are going well (which is admittedly the case 98% of the time, at least in my experience and those of the people I've worked closely with).

9. "Amazing Corporation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at AEM Corporation (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can't say enough great things about AEM. I have been in the workforce for 30 years and I have worked at small and large companies including the public school system and a large secondary mortgage lending institution.
    AEM has an exceptional benefits program, flexible management styles from the top down and incredible intellectual growth opportunities. I am rarely idle and am often being challenged to learn and grow.
    Our peaceful working environment and flexible work schedule inspire me to push myself and give more for the good of the company.
    It's not easy to get hired but it is worth the time it takes to experience a truly great work experience. I count myself blessed.

Cons

There are no cons, in my opinion..

Advice to Management

Your kindness and flexibility is truly your greatest asset as you earn the rewards from your employees in spades.

10. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at AEM Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

AEM Corporation is a great place to work. I've been with the company longer than anywhere else I've worked and have no plans of ever leaving. There is a strong and supportive culture that challenges and provides opportunity for growth. I am proud to tell people where I work, enjoy the quality of staff I work alongside, and truly appreciate the competitive pay and benefits package.

Cons

Dulles Corner location requires a decent commute, but most anywhere in the DC area does.