AEgis Technologies Group Reviews | Glassdoor

AEgis Technologies Group Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2019

Found 30 reviews

3.9
AEgis Technologies Group CEO Steven S. Hill  (no image)
Steven S. Hill
  1. Featured Review

"Great company with a Philanthropic heart!"

Current Employee - Director in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at AEgis Technologies Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good philanthropic culture. Great benefits. Flexible work hours. Family oriented.

Cons

Small so difficult for upward mobility but benefits make up for it.

AEgis Technologies Group2019-03-28
  2. "Absolutely Wonderful Place To Work and Grow!"

Former Employee - IV&V Analyst in Huntsville, AL

I worked at AEgis Technologies Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Family Culture, Great benefits, Wonderful Communications, Personal Interactions with Executive Management, Concern for career path and personal desires, Competitive salary, Ability to grow as you wish, Tuition and certification assistance.

Cons

Desired work may not be readily available if you need to shift to another task. That is the one and only aspect that kept me from staying there. I would definitely return there at a later date if the right opportunity presented itself.

Advice to Management

AEgis was by far the best company I have ever worked for. I felt like a genuine family member and loved the community activities as well as the personal attention from management. From a management perspective, you really feel like your contributions are appreciated. Its hard to be told "no" in any aspect with these guys. They really go above and beyond to make sure you have all the tools to do your job as... well as being happy in performing it. My only advice would be to encourage a little more communications between Project Managers across the board. I think their needs could be better shared and potentially filled faster if that were to happen. Great job in creating a stellar place to work and grow. I already miss being there.

AEgis Technologies Group2019-07-13
  3. "Definitely would work for again"

Former Employee - Information Assurance Analyst

I worked at AEgis Technologies Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great opportunity to learn inner workings of business from all levels. Real access to all members of the company all the way to the top. This company actually follows their open door policy and they are constantly looking for ways to improve communication among staff.

Cons

Company experiences some growing pains but is willing to field employees concerns.

AEgis Technologies Group2019-08-19

"AEgis sets the standard!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I worked at AEgis Technologies Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- AEgis really cares about their employees. The benefits package is so generous. Other companies don't hold a candle to AEgis. The management was very personable, and I always felt like they took an interest in my life and my family. - The work I did at AEgis was very satisfying. I can look back at what I accomplished and know that I made a significant contribution by being a part of that team. I take pride in... my work, and I put my very best into that project. Job satisfaction is critical, and AEgis promoted that very well. - FUN! Very simply...the folks at AEgis are fun to be around. Great folks all around.

Cons

I really can't think of anything negative to say about AEgis.

Advice to Management

Keep looking out for the best interest of your employees.

AEgis Technologies Group2019-07-12
  5. "Careers not just jobs at AEgis"

Current Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Huntsville, AL

Pros

I started my career at AEgis 14 years ago as the director of a small group. Over the years I've watched this company grow in so many ways. Some reviews here state no opportunity to advance, but that's not true! Over the years, with hard work, I was promoted from Dir to VP then to EVP, and I am currently CTO. We have another employee that started his career at AEgis as a coop and is now vice president running one of... our largest groups. I've personally promoted several employees to program managers, directors, and vice presidents. We've paid for many educational degrees with tuition reimbursement and encourage professional development that we also fund. HR sends an email out anytime a new job opening for the company is posted, and if you don't like your current job, or you want to try something new, you can interview with the hiring manager and move if you are qualified to perform the duties and pass the interview. The benefits are among the best anywhere in the country. We are a family, and we take care of our employees.

Cons

If you are not a great performer and not willing to put in the extra effort, it sometimes takes to advance your career beyond that of your peers; this probably isn't the best place for you. AEgis has so many top performers that love what they do; it might be hard to advance. And if you are not at work by 9 am on Fridays, you will most likely miss the best part of the free breakfast provided every Friday morning.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

AEgis Technologies Group2019-07-12
  6. "The Best Company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at AEgis Technologies Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits. Feels like family.

Cons

In a small company sometimes it's hard to find opportunities for advancement, but, the great benefits and culture make it worth the stay.

AEgis Technologies Group2019-03-21
  7. "Building a career - not just filling a position"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Orlando, FL

Pros

AEgis Technologies is: - Seriously pursuing advanced state-of-art and practice across many technical fields including directed energy, missile defense. cyber operations and information assurance, military operations and mission rehearsal, virtual training and integrated, constructive simulations and LVC systems. - Executing technical and classified programs that are impactful to the warfighter and enabling them so... they can fight and come home safely. - Focused on staff development and training with internal career development and training opportunities. - Committing substantial corporate funding for staff professional training including short courses and seminars, and employee pursuit of undergraduate and graduate degree programs that prepare individuals for their next job / position. - Working to maintain its great corporate culture and strong "Family First" attitude. - Paying It Forward to the communities they operate in by supporting local non-profit organizations and events like Special Olympics, and STEM activities within public schools, etc. - Very generous corporate contribution to employee 401K Plan

Cons

- Staff are expected to work hard and are truly held accountable for their performance.

Advice to Management

Continue to make a difference by delivering great services, products, and training.

AEgis Technologies Group2019-01-22
  8. "Found a long-term home at AEgis - love it!"

I have been working at AEgis Technologies Group full-time

Pros

Challenging, leading-edge work. Management really cares about me and my career. Very ethical and fair company. Salaries are very competitive and benefits are better than any place I have previously work.

Cons

Word working group with high expectations - can be stressful at times but love the challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep the people focus - its working!

AEgis Technologies Group2017-08-25
  9. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at AEgis Technologies Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work life balance, plenty of opportunities to try new work and get involved in various areas of the company if you speak up. Leadership actively works to address issues and get employee feedback. Competitive salary and benefits. Employee lunches and Friday breakfasts are a plus.

Cons

Offsite gov environment leaves alot to be desired. Cant really help that from a corporate perspective.

AEgis Technologies Group2017-08-20

"Good people, poor leadership"

Former Employee - 3D Artist in Huntsville, AL

I worked at AEgis Technologies Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team, fun projects, and good hours. Decent jobs to start a career. Fantastic vacation and sick leave hours. Many company sponsored food events.

Cons

Zero upward mobility unless you are part of the "in crowd." Too many managers and too few workers. Employees are just a number even though it's a small company.

Advice to Management

Invest time in current employees or continue filling the ranks of competitors.

AEgis Technologies Group2017-07-14