AGI Atlanta Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ed Cunliffe

Pros
  • Great work environment with a great opportunity for one to reach their goals (in 6 reviews)

• Crazy opportunity for growth with no seniority or favoritism, great people to work with, learn hands on (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • It's basically a door to door sale company, not some marketing firm (in 9 reviews)

• long hours, using personal vehicle (in 11 reviews)

1. "Challenging yet fulfilling Leadership role"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AGI Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I thouroughly enjoyed my training and interactions with co-workers and customers/clients. I worked here for a quite a while and in doing so grew personally and in business. The challenging part was juggling so many hats all at once. But My Professors used to tell me that this was what every manager had to do no matter the industry. I feel like I could run any store or business at this point as long as I know that company's systems. I was offered to travel abroad for a marketing program I am in, and one big reason was because of the co-workers helping me prepare the marketing project that won. If you have the desire to do big things, and are up for the learning challenge, check this place out. If you just want to clock in and out, definitely look else where.

Cons

Getting up early is not my best trait. I would much rather work an early afternoon or late night shift. You have to meet with business owners so if you don't do well meeting new people, this isnt a good position.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Only thing I can say is understand that everyone learns different.

"Only if you are completely desperate!"

I worked at AGI Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office environment is great and the people are awesome until you realize you were lied to.

Cons

This is a DOOR to DOOR sales job. During the interview I was told that they were a marketing firm that worked with T-Mobile. I was also told that it was a base pay plus commission job. Neither of these are true. This is a 100% commission job and no marketing involved. To me it kind of came across as disrespectful to business owners, by ignoring their "no soliciting" sign as well as trying to get their employees to sign-up even though they are on the clock and it is interrupting their work. You also work between 10.5-12 hours a day which does not include your commute to and from work. Because of this it leaves little time for personal life during the week.
    Some people on here have stated, "If you are lazy then you'll find a con." or "If you have a good work ethic then this is an easy job." To me both of these are crap because most of the time the customers had to get their spouses approval, which makes the job harder and this is in all honestly just a good job for people that live at home with their parents with no responsibilities. Not the ones that have a family or are trying to start a family.
    Because of all of this the turnover rate is ridiculously high.

Advice to Management

Tell the truth during the interview process and your turnover rate will not be as high. Also skip the bs morning chants and games and just allow for your employees to start the day later.

3. "Gained life long experience"

I worked at AGI Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company focuses on developing each individual employee to their own specific needs. Agi has taught me how to be intuitive with customers, representing clients and coaching the team. I have learned how to handle working with management staff as well as clientele. I have gained coaching and leadership skills that will help me with my next career.

Cons

Obvously AGI has a rigorous development program, I wish I was able to be more successful but I have had too many distractions outside of the office. This position is not your typical 9-5. If you are able to commit to the development and upbeat company culture you will surely be successful at AGI.

Advice to Management

I appreciate my time with management. I wish I was more upfront about my personal responsibilites in the beginning; ask the candidates more questions to gain more personal insight.

"Can I have my time back?"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AGI Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you ever have too much time on your hands and want to waste it this slightly edges playing in traffic

Cons

Ha. Where do I start? If you're like me you need a job, may even be desperate. Unless this is a last resort tho. I wouldn't recommend it. And even if it is...maybe try Mickey D's?

Advice to Management

Leave me alone. I'm not coming back.

6. "I LOVED IT!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AGI Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At AGI I learned communication and leadership skills/development that I will forever use in my long-term careers and life situations! The people are great! The atmosphere is fun! I wouldn't trade my time here for anything!

Cons

If you don't want to work hard then you won't advance. If you don't like to be challenged then you won't have fun. If you don't like people then you will be a loner here.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed that the managers would sit down with me o a 1:1 basis to go over my career goals and what I wanted in my career. I liked that they genuinely cared about my personal and professional growth.

"Only if you're desperate."

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Marietta, GA

I worked at AGI Atlanta (Less than a year)

Pros

You don't start as early as most jobs (However it ends a lot later), They play a lot of games, and there is a coffee maker in the office. Also, they used to be called Aurora Group.

Cons

I used to work for this company when it was under a different name, I have met Brandy Park, a CEO.
    I was lied to in the interview process when this was listed as a marketing firm, not a D2D sales organization. The whole thing is a farce. We came to work in suits and then changed into shorts and collared shirts to go sell.
    We were not allowed to schedule follow ups to conclude deals with customers which would have made the job a whole lot easier.
    We had to use our personal vehicles and do not get paid for mileage or anything else, they send you all over OTP.
    They create an atmosphere to make your coworkers your family at the cost of spending time with your real friends and family (Very Cult-like).
    Most people I worked with had a spouse with a REAL job, had messed up their life previously, had some social ineptitude, or were actively searching for other jobs.
    Too many obstacles to success, they sent me to lower income areas and trailer parks where everyone failed credit or couldn't make a decision without their spouse (not allowed to follow-up)
    On my first friday, I found out that we were supposed to work saturday
    Also along with your personal vehicle, you have to use your personal cell phone for their business.

The last straw was sending me to a neighborhood that was grieving from a child being killed in a shooting. My second day there I was 50 yards away from another shooting. When we ran back to my car and told our supervisor, he wanted us to go back to work instead of leaving the area or heading back. We ignored that directive and I realized that this company had no responsibility. They did not even address the fact that we were near danger, my coworker wanted to get paid because it was not our fault we could no longer sell there. I decided to just cut ties.

Advice to Management

Pay a minimum wage or at least for gas, don't do the morning brainwashing, be honest that it's door to door sales.

8. "Easy job if you are not lazy"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

Pros

So this job is great. Have u ever had a "secure" job where you make a salary pay or hourly pay. Most of us have, and the people who fail at this job complain about 100% commission or some other lame excuse. I have personally had a job with a fortune 500 company where I worked 50+ hrs a week and after 5 yrs and constant promotions was going no where til I was almost 70 and could retire. Yes, I make 100% commission and I love it! The harder I work the more I get in return, all the people in this office are hard working and very motivated people who make anywhere from 600 to 2500 dollars a week, just entry kevel. It's great. And the entire focus is to build up teams and create your own office and run your own business. I have seen this happen through multiple business trips, which my office pays for gas and hotel stay. How many millionaires do you know that work and hourly job, I don't know any nor have I heard of any. Multiple people with college degrees who make great money and multiple people who make the same money without college degrees. So if u can stand doing B2B for a little while (which is easy if you are a true salesperson) and make the sacrifice the time while you are young to be successful later in life. Then do it, I guarantee you will be able to retire before your 50 or old as dirt and live a happy and successful life, if you cant. Then go work your 9 to 5 hourly "secure" paid job and see what happens.

Cons

None, if you find any, ur lazy.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do!

9. "By far, the BEST learning experience Ive had since graduating!"

Current Employee - Account Management in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Management in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AGI Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is great. Ive been able to grow and develop skills quickly. Even though my degree was not in this field. I now understand why people enjoy marketing and sales. The manager seems to truly care about the people in the office. Tons of face time and personal coaching with the top account managers.

Cons

The hours are a little long but make sense because the business owners are only available at certain hours of the day. Of course everyone hates dealing with traffic.

Advice to Management

I want to travel more. Keep running the cool bonus' and competitions. I was pumped when I got my car note paid. Never had a boss that would do something like that.

"Terrible...smfh!!!!!"

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AGI Atlanta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros working here. It's a waste of time trust me!!! As I read over the reviews for this company I know it has to be someone from the office writing all these 4&5 star reviews. Every week about 3+ people quit and they hire about 5+people weekly. Run run run go do uber or something.

Cons

Working here seem like I was selling my soul or joining a type of cult. It's like everyone is brainwashed on this idea that they'll have their own office one day when in reality the chances or slim to almost none. Which you get your own office and become an owner you still have to go door to door everyday 7am-7pm. It's kinda sad to see people waste their time with such company. They give you a product to sell to people and you get paid off how many sales you make. They'll try to pump you up with group activities to get your mind off the fact that you about to go door to door bothering people.

Advice to Management

Please tell the truth to people!!! I understand you have a business to run but I really do believe that it's people out here that would love a job like this but in reality 9/10 people won't. Please not lie about getting paid base salary when you get paid 100% commission.

"Professional Soliciter, If you have a degree don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

If you ever felt like you would amount to nothing in this world you would love to join this cult like atmosphere.

Cons

Gosh where to even begin, you are a DOOR TO DOOR sales person, no leads are generated. I was lied to in my interview told I would get a base salary and commission. WRONG just commission. I started off with about 20 people in my training group, by wednesday there were 5 of us, I was the only one with a college degree who didnt have a child or a criminal record. You will have to use your car to drive for long periods of time with no compensation even on business trips. Hours are 7-7 which is ridiculous on just commission your lucky if you make $100 in that time frame. You will be handed a paper map with noted "clusters of businesses" and you will have to go in and bother people while there trying to do their job and sell them T Mobile. The people in the office make it feel like its a cult vibe theres a morning meeting where they ring bells and chant nonsense, oh and you have to go to the office before your done for the day so regardless of where your territory is you will have to go back to the office before you go home. (no gas or mileage paid) You will be kicked out stores because you are a solicitor. If you are a woman you will be told you will never move up or be respected in the office if you dont wear heels, I got into a fight with a "manager" about this. How can someone be judged by whats on their feet? Not to mention they will segregate the girls during training and tell them what to wear and what not to, If you dont know how to dress for a job then why hire these people?

Advice to Management

Get BBB accredited, oh wait you probably cant.
    Dont lie to the people your interviewing and take advantage of new grads who are desperate for work. Also have some dignity when it comes to respecting woman, there were multiple cases where women were put down in the office.